The online racing simulator
GTR 2 free now ( Also MP )
(394 posts, started )
Quote from unseen :Still having fun guys?

Meant to drop by recently to answer things and see how you`re doing, but a close relative recently caught a shitty dose of terminal cancer. Not really sure what to think right now, but I`m trying to keep on top of things.

I`m still here, if anyone wants to ask anything, I`m just not quite running at 100% atm.

Sorry about your relative i hope the best for her/him

Just a few question but in other moment
Things do seem all quite weird atm, funny how sudden issues make you see things all differently.

Quote from Kiyoshi :Wow. Sorry to hear that. Hope things turn out as well as they can. :/

Thanks

Quote from Kiyoshi :I don't really know what's involved in the mod, but thanks for your efforts, it's nice to dive these cars, even if some of them are real dogs to drive.

You just don`t wanna know the torture involved in making this mod. Every single car is modelled as close as possible to the real ones. Even when that means rebuilding and remapping half of it, just to create one little panel on one single car so it all looks as it should. Physics are all individually adjusted too, taking into account all sorts of things, from fuel tank placement, to one-race addon ducts, tiny aero devices, etc. We try to replicate as exactly as possible all the cars just as they were on the day, using every single genuine hard bit of data we have for those cars (and we have a lot of that). We even have introduced things like adjustable trackbars to cars with live axles (in those that had trackbars), when the physics and engine just never allowed for it.

Sad fact is, that only the hardest of hardcore fans of particular cars will ever notice 80% of the details in there. Even less will ever notice that amongst similar cars, if one had a fuel tank placed a foot left of all the others, when the car is full of fuel, it will shift the weight completely differently. We do that sort of thing, and yes, we are all completely mad, but it is supposed to be a sim (no pay, no deadlines, so it can all be done exactly as it should be). We don`t compromise or fudge things to please anyone, or to make it easier for us or you.

Quote from Inouva :Sorry about your relative i hope the best for her/him

Just a few question but in other moment

Thanks girl. It`s a her (I`m not married, but she regards herself as my mother in law). Ridiculous state of affairs, going from perfectly fine to very impending death in only 2 weeks, but what can you do. Life just throws a big stinking shitball at you from time to time. We`re gonna be falling over ourselves making sure things are as happy and enjoyable as possible for the concerned party right up until the end, so she couldn`t ask for a better bunch of people around her

A few questions whenever you want.

Quote from DieKolkrabe :Anyone know of a recent V8 Supercar mod and Bathurst track?

GTR2 isn`t exactly falling over itself with V8 mods, but the FVR guys are your best bet. They mainly cover rfactor, but they are working on an almost finished gtr2 version right now.

There are a few bathursts out for gtr2. There`s the old codies version that`s been out for ever, that S3AN mentioned (the MMM version). There`s a 1967 converted from the gpl track (inaccurate as hell, but the only way you can drive the old conrod). There is also a sweet conversion of the rFactor ORSM track floating around (done by NeelJ), plus there is a gtr2 version of the shift2 bathurst (looks great but the track surface is about 60% wider than it should be, so all those little thumb controller kiddies can be v8 champions without wrecking on the walls within half a lap).
Already got FVR beta, that is one amazing mod (if graphics heavy and still a beta) and a WIP Bathurst from them.
Am I the only person that still plays GTR2 online?
:/
can some upload power and glory?

megaupload link dead
So it's free and still nobody plays it?

Funny.
never came around to try it.
Quote from Franky.S :can some upload power and glory?

megaupload link dead

yea I wouldnt mind trying it out :/
Is not worth at all, MP is totaly dead only 1 or 2 servers are "On" and no more that 5 drivers

Also in the time that kiyoshima put the server for us there were he and me on the server racing on nordschleife and monaco, so i dont see the point right now to keep alive GTR2 other that play it alone...

I will stick with LFS
me and csaba like to gtr2 because this times in night lfs is shit dead..
Not more dead then gtr2 at night, I am afraid.

I said it's "funny" because people suggested to lower LFS license pricing.. But.. Even if a game is for free people are not going to use it.

So basically it is all about marketing.

But the Scavier team said at one time the don't care at all about marketing or empty servers even. Which makes me a bit clueless because Scawen stated in his last update write ups that LFS is a main income.

Weird stuff.
well soon when i get money. i getting upgrade for pc and iracing. not that it better but because that is where all action and attention is.

im sick of this shit development
Quote from Franky.S :well soon when i get money. i getting upgrade for pc and iracing. not that it better but because that is where all action and attention is.

im sick of this shit development

I´m a Iracing player and with the new update the cars became very onpredictable. In LFS your connected to the car. If your doing it, I warned you
UP

Planing on Resurrect the MP of GTR2 for LFS ppl

Gona use only GTR2 with the caterham and nordscleife, if i can find the mini .img of GTlegends is posible that we can race on those cars too.

Updated the first post with the links to the downloads.
I feel like i could use a bit of this again.

EDIT: I cant remember my online password or username.
Sorry guys, have to delete the game...
pffft.
I gona re-download it now. give me 3 hours to have all set up.
Ok
Good fun with Inouva just now on Nordy and Monza with the BMW and the Caterham.

Got my ass kicked
Well, kinda, the caterham requires more experience also i'be notices that the physics of the caterham are not so good as the one in the bmw.

Anyway we need more ppl.

GTR 2 free now ( Also MP )
(394 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG