The online racing simulator
GTR 2 free now ( Also MP )
(394 posts, started )
The NAGP ALMS files are gone from that link, any idea? Downloaded everything from the first post to get multiplayer working, still haven't tried it but I will soon.
I have not read much of this topic, so can someone guide me to a somewhat accurate desription / reveiw of the game, or just... tell me if it's worth downloading?
Is worth
What's good, what's bad about the game?
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :The NAGP ALMS files are gone from that link, any idea? Downloaded everything from the first post to get multiplayer working, still haven't tried it but I will soon.

We are gona drive more on P&G that the GTR2 ALMS

Quote from The Very End :What's good, what's bad about the game?

Good ( From MPOV )
Night race
Rainy race
Night & rainy race
24hs race with changeable weather on the fly
all knowed tracks
Really easy track install addons
Really easy cars intall addons
"Good" visual in general ( And nice eye candy )
Respectfull T1 on any server / race

Bad
Physics are not so goood as lfs ones and dont transmit that feel that lfs do
Some ninors annoyanses ( Like the sun flashing throught the car cockpit )
Framerate inconsistency within tracks ( Not noticeable if you have a dual core or better that a p4 3.0 )
Full shadow porly optimized and drain fps even in the most powerfull pc

But we are using power and glory so oldies car with oldies tracks is fun
Imagine a race at night with rain on nordschleife tourist
Thanks!
Might give it a try on this laptop, the problem is that it's not very powerfull, so I guess the FPS's won't be on my side
Quote from The Very End :Thanks!
Might give it a try on this laptop, the problem is that it's not very powerfull, so I guess the FPS's won't be on my side

Minimun
MINIMUM
Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz Processor
512MB RAM
1.7GB Hard Disk Space
64MB DirectX compatible 3D Video Card

recomended
Intel Pentium 4 3GHz Processor
1GB RAM
1.7GB Hard Disk Space
256MB DirectX compatible 3D Video Card
DirectX compatible Sound Card

My pc
Pentium 4 3.2Ghz HT
2gb ram
Hd 2600 pro 512mb

Games barely runs "ok" with all at max ( If i turn full shadows my pc fight for 10-20 fps , with shadows on High i have a decent fps within 25-50 ) so you can see how porly optimized is the game, and to mention if you drive over a kerb your fps will drop to 5 - 8.. dunno why

Of course this stuff dont happen if you have a better pc that a p4 3.0ghz =P
Mine computer is actually pretty much better than yours
It's some quad core shit, but runs most games =)
Quote from The Very End :Mine computer is actually pretty much better than yours
It's some quad core shit, but runs most games =)

You dont gona have problem then

Tell me when you have installed all and power and glory so we can do some laps on nordy
I want to try, but am confused.
I have GTL, though not installed anymore. Do I apply P&G mod to that? Do I need to dl GTR2 as well? Are we talking about 2 different things here?
Do this do that much.
explained on the first post

GTR2 > Update 1.1.0.0 > P&G mod > Update 2.1 > Terrain patch > FBB Patch > Play
Quote from Inouva :You dont gona have problem then

Tell me when you have installed all and power and glory so we can do some laps on nordy

Will take some time hehe. Atm. in military service, and internet is ... well if I can browse on this forum I am happy, but to actually download something would not be possible.

However, I will when getting a vecation get this, and try it out. Never drived Nords... so I have to try that out
Quote from Kiyoshi :I want to try, but am confused.
I have GTL, though not installed anymore. Do I apply P&G mod to that? Do I need to dl GTR2 as well? Are we talking about 2 different things here?
Do this do that much.

P&G is a GTR2 mod, but requires an "original" GTL disc to install.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :P&G is a GTR2 mod, but requires an "original" GTL disc to install.

Or in the other hand the mini img that in the first post
Quote from Inouva :explained on the first post

GTR2 > Update 1.1.0.0 > GTR OFP Update > P&G mod > Update 2.1 > Terrain patch > FBB Patch > Play

Can't join the Monaco 2006 server - it says the track isn't installed but I have installed all the tracks from the first post...
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :Can't join the Monaco 2006 server - it says the track isn't installed but I have installed all the tracks from the first post...

Yeah, the server is running monaco 2006, but should be monaco 2007, give me a minute and i change the track to nordschleife

@edit

Done

Anyway gona put a link to monaco 2006 in case of need on the first post
-
(NotAnIllusion) DELETED by NotAnIllusion : nvm
pls help...

I can get to the server, but I get 'booted for possible cheat' message.
I did try a couple of different GTR2.exe files for no-CD etc. Can anyone tell me the size of their GTR2.exe? I guess mine is wrong...
Have you installed the PnG2 Patcher?
Yup, apply terrain patch.
Kiyo, you are a good driver but a bad reader....

Is explained on the FAQ's on the first post...
Maybe restructure the first post, so that things are in order, like:

1) Download GTR2 from here

2) Download and install patch from here

3) Download and install OFP update from here

Plus the rest needed etc.
to much hassle
Yes, all the info is in the first post, so thanks for posting it.

I was just a bit confused about GTR3 then Power & Glory, which ends up with a separate game install. Plus, I already have GTLegends DVD so didn't know if I could just use that.
Anyway....it's more fun than I remember it, so will give it a go.

GTR 2 free now ( Also MP )
(394 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG