The online racing simulator
GTR 2 free now ( Also MP )
Quote from MEhhh :Yes it's true, don't ask me why, or who it's possible, but I tested it and they work. At least in GTR2, because GTL multiplayer doesn't exist any more...

Found these links in a Portuguese forum and computerbild.de is offering serial keys at their web site.

GTL - http://www.ptsims.net/forum/index.php?topic=3550.0
GTR2 - http://www.ptsims.net/forum/index.php?topic=3544.0

Now to what matters most, click in the links bellow to get the keys, you only have to give your email and they will send them to you instantaneously. The spam, can easily be dealt later, although I haven't receive any yet.

GTR2 serial: http://www.computerbild.de/gut ... seriennummer-4349161.html

Note: In order to play GTR2 online you'll need the patch 1.10 and the official online patch, that you can get here: http://www.simbin.se/games/gtr2.htm

Now I want to fell your love and have some fun races on TG.

Quote from Meh :To ease some conscious minds, 10Tacle that was the publisher of GTR, GTL and GTR2, declared bankruptcy back in 2008 (read it Here) and as far as my legal knowledge goes there isn't anything illegal to give legal serial keys, it's just as legal as games magazines offering games with them.

I decided to share this with the community because I felt that this should be everyone's knowledge, i didn't contact with simbin about this and I won't. If the admins fell that it's safer not to have this post at TG, I completely understand that and fell free to delete the thread.

So basicaly, yeah, the game is free, i'm downloading right now and hope to see someon from lfs on the gtr2 server/track, Of course if i can i make a server with the name "LFS GTR2"

Game GTR2 download & mods

Game :Option 1 Patch 1.1.0.0 and ( You have to register to download the patch for MP

Mods & Tracks for GTR2 ONLY

//////////////////////////////////////////////

***Special Power and glory tracks and Server***NOT PLANNING ON HOST FOR THIS MOD YET STILL YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL IT ****

P&G mod: Download
Patch 2.1 : Here

Remember : you need your GTR2 updated to 1.1.0.0 and a original CD of GT legend to install P&G mod, Also you can apply the MP patch to have acces to the server list ( Same as GTR2 )

***THIS IS ON HOLD TILL I CAN FIND THE IMG***

In case you dont own a original CD of GT legends wich is nesesary to install Power and glory on gtr2 you have to mount this
Mini img in your "Virtual" Cd. ( DONT WORRY, This mini img just tell to the P&G installer that you "have" a original CD of GTL nothing more )

***Note*** After installed P&G mod in the root dir of GTR2 P&G folder there is a "patcher" called * PGPatcher.exe * This should add the Terrain Patch (Makes cars with low hp more easy to drive off from the sand trap ) and the FFB patch ( Dunno what if does )

//////////////////////////////////////

TRACKS TO DOWNLOAD, ALL LINKS WORKING

Nordschleife 2007 with the 3 variations
Download : Here

Monaco 88

Monaco 2006

Monaco 2007
Download : Here ( This monaco is better optimized and better "done" that the 88 ver )

Road Atlanta 1970
Download Here

Bryar (fun short road track)
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=33816

Bridgehampton 1967
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=22122

CARS
note, this cars are not "made" for P&G but you can use it anyway (And you gona need it if you come to the kiyoshis server )

Car: BMW M3 2007

Car : Caterham 7
Download : here

Small note, if you are driving in cockpit view and you can see the front wheels, quit the game, go to your P&G installation folder ( The same path if you are playing GTR2 )> User Data > Your user name > Your username.plr ( Open it with notepad) And search for the line > Wheels Visible In Cockpit < and change the 0 to 1, save and exit.

///////////////////////////////////////

FAQ

Q : Why i only see no more that 10 servers???
A : You have to set the game to simulation, How?, Go to Options > Realism > Click on the dificulty to simulation

Q : I try to join into MP but i can see shit
A : You have to download the MP patch wich is above on this post

Q : I saw the server and tryed to join but it say " Game version is not the same "
A : You have to check if you updated the game to version 1.1.0.0, the patch is on this post

Q : I saw the server and tryed to join, but it say "Track not installed"
A : Make sure you have downloaded the nordschleife or any other track wich is on this post

Q : I'be entered to the server, but it keeps loading the "names" of the other racers and can't do shit
A : Make sure you have the ALSM y SuperGT500 mods in GTR2

Q : I'be entered to the server but asap it kicks me saying "Booted for possible cheat"
A : Make sure you have GTR2 1.1.0.0 > P&G 2.0 > P&G update 2.1 > and the Terrain Patch ( Terrain patch is on the GTR2 P&G main folder )

Q : I'be downloaded the game from the option 2 and when i instaled the game the Anti Virus pop up a warnign saying that it has virus
A : You are too dumb for download a .iso from a torrent ( The piratebay with a trusted user ) site and you have downloaded other crap ( Several users of LFS have downloaded from option 2 and no one report any problem with the game, Like the "anttt69" example on page 2 )
where to dl the game itself?
Torrent
Or any DD source you find
If the dev is still around and only the publisher went bankrupt I still think this is not correct. Does SimBin distribute GTL or GTR2 at all?
Quote from Dygear :If the dev is still around and only the publisher went bankrupt I still think this is not correct.

Publisher is the one who owns all rights to the game, not developer. See Activision v. Infinity Ward on Call of Duty case.
how do i make it work?
#9 - Mysho
There is coming GTR3 already so GTR2 is gonna die anyway. Also, I think it's one of the best GTR simulations and if I wanted to play it those 4,99€ wouldn't really bother me. Simbin did pretty much of a good job in older sims. (Not speaking about RaceON etc.)
Quote from A____A :how do i make it work?

You download the game, install patch 1.1.0, install the MP patch, do the "Registration" for the key ( Meh, you can use one of those temporal mails ), they give you a legal CD key, go to the game, go internet, Enter the key in the box, next you create a acc ingame, log in the game with the new acc, and done
Quote from Inouva :You download the game, install patch 1.1.0, install the MP patch, do the "Registration" for the key ( Meh, you can use one of those temporal mails ), they give you a legal CD key, go to the game, go internet, Enter the key in the box, next you create a acc ingame, log in the game with the new acc, and donde

yes but when i start game it say "insert disk etc.."
Quote from E.Reiljans :Publisher is the one who owns all rights to the game, not developer. See Activision v. Infinity Ward on Call of Duty case.

Really!? I seem to remember that suite too, I just did not remember that being the outcome.
#13 - PoVo
Nice find! Thanks
Nordschleife and lemans24h track's are really good, i know is not the best oft he best race sim, but feels nice
Get hold of the GT Legends as well and you can load the Power & Glory Mod for GT2. GT Legends cars (improved) using the GTR2 engine, had some epic battles in the abarth

Get P&G from here http://www.gtlw.co.uk/
You need a GT Legends disc to be able to install P&G
Quote from Inouva :Nordschleife and lemans24h track's are really good, i know is not the best oft he best race sim, but feels nice

Got a link for me?
Quote from gandlers :Get hold of the GT Legends as well and you can load the Power & Glory Mod for GT2. GT Legends cars (improved) using the GTR2 engine, had some epic battles in the abarth

Get P&G from here http://www.gtlw.co.uk/
You need a GT Legends disc to be able to install P&G

I'll give that a try.

Recently 'bought' GTL from a Fanatec mechanic for the symbolic price of €1, but didn't like it at all 'stock'.
Does this come with that nasty starforce shit?
Quote from Hyperactive :Does this come with that nasty starforce shit?

Cr♥♥♥ed version doesn't, and it still legally supports MP.
Just needs to be updated to 1.1. Still asks for the CD but it's easy to solve. Tested and it works online.
I'm not asking because of copy problems. I just don't want starforce on my computer.
When I wanted to register after filling in my CD-key it says it can't connect. I'll try again tomorrow I guess.
Quote from Bose321 :When I wanted to register after filling in my CD-key it says it can't connect. I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

Have you installed those patches and stuff?
Quote from Bose321 :When I wanted to register after filling in my CD-key it says it can't connect. I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

I had the same problem. Installing 1.1 solved it.
I think that P&G mod only work if you have a "physical" cd of GT legends... ( And a Legal Key )

@shadooow

Since GTR 2 is Free for everyone is not more "ilegal" talk about GTR 2 craked ver =P

@edit

This is the seccond patch you need to install

GTR2 OFP

Install the game > Patch 1.1.0.0 > GTR2 OFP patch

GTR 2 free now ( Also MP )
(394 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG