The online racing simulator
Quote from JJ72 :Just got a phone call, Formula Renault and 997 RSR.

Finally a Porsche...

You just come here and type that you received a phone call, where you got offered a Porsche... it looks SO easy when seeing this thread. Bet there is a lot of hidden work indeed.
Wow! this is just amazing. That would be like a dream come true for me! Really nice design, keep up good working

Edit: would be interesting to know that which perspective you start to design those cars? do you start from the side of the car, or does it depends? or have you got somekind of vision about the hole car already when you start to doing those things?
I start from all sides, open several pictures at once and think for the whole car, flat templates very often can't communicate the finer curves and details.

starting with the Porsche is starting to see some martini influence with it, should have something to show you all tomorrow!
A mix of Classic Martini style with my own. Still early stage.
Attached images
samsonrsr.jpg
Those colours are amazing! Any chance you can design a skin for my car once I get one?
i love it.
Wow, you got awesome style there. This Porsche is looking mint
outstanding again!
Thanks for the feedbacks
Just for my curiosity:

In the later stages of your work, do you do it directly in 3D ? If yes, which tool do you use ?
almost never, getting a good 3d mesh for the car your want exactly hardly happens, plus it is all down to final adjustment on the real car, 3d isnt going to help much. But Sometimes i use forza for quick visualization.
Quote from JJ72 :But Sometimes i use forza for quick visualization.

haha, this made me lol Sometimes all the £20,000 CAD products in the world don't compare to a simple PS3 game for usability..
Quote from Crashgate3 :haha, this made me lol Sometimes all the £20,000 CAD products in the world don't compare to a simple PS3 game for usability..

Sometimes all the PS3 Games wont help you figure out the Forza isnt' a PS3 game.

Yes it is pretty pointless to wait 5 minutes for a render which look just as good as a photomode shot from Forza, Forza's lineup of current GT cars are pretty good as well.
Quote from JJ72 :

Yes it is pretty pointless to wait 5 minutes for a render which look just as good as a photomode shot from Forza, Forza's lineup of current GT cars are pretty good as well.

Ever shown a client your Forza mock up?
Not yet, still prefer real photos.

A throwback to the beginning - my first two cars winning a 1-2 in Malaysia F1's support race.

Quote from JJ72 :they say no professional graphic designer allowed but I am not sure how well they can police it.

Pretty obvious they won't have to even think about that for a while
Quote from baSh0r :Sometimes all the PS3 Games wont help you figure out the Forza isnt' a PS3 game.

I don't do consoles
Attached images
rear.jpg
samson2.jpg
Gorgeous...
That blue makes it look so fresh. Loving it!

Doing car skin.....in real life (pics!)
(343 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG