The online racing simulator
#51 - JJ72
as with everything....charge first, work second!
#52 - JJ72
A small collection of my helmet works.

Frackin' hell, you did Darryl O'Young's helmet?

rhetorical question
Nice! I've met Darryl a couple of times... he went to the same autocross club as me back before he got into 'proper' racing He's been back to the club since he made it big, been nice finding out more about what he does now.

You've done some awesome work, JJ!
#55 - JJ72
I updated his design this year, it was his own idea before, retained the main feature but cleaned up some clutters from his old design.

it use to look like this:

Cute guy, chubby and with sleepish eyes haha.
Quote from MAGGOT :Must be a fantastic sight seeing one of your creations getting thrown around the track... Still jealous of you, mate! Good job!

+1
so jelly

keep doing what you do, this is amazing

the next andy blackmore hoho
#57 - JJ72
If I can be half as big as he is in 3 years I will be very happy, but then I have my own style and should be a better graphic designer in plain 2D terms, so fingers crossed.
#58 - JJ72

and finally!
I cant believe i have never seen this thread before...Wow man, you have one of my dream jobs!!

You defenitly have the skills, and your cars look very good, very racing!!! I must admit im jely at this point . It must be a real sense of acomplishement and joy to see your work on display like this! Just awsome....this shows me that sometimes you can actualy live the dream...your doing it, and you have just inspired me!!

Anyways, congrats on your epic job!! I will be paying more attention to this thread.

On a side note, i know now im totally screwed in the Dennis helmet competition
#60 - JJ72
it's macau weekend
Attached images
380969_10150377228502919_638172918_8726061_1202449567_n.jpg
Quote from JJ72 :it's macau weekend

Hell yeah! Awesome.

you can be very proud of that!
#62 - JJ72

The above cars look great, if not quite similar. Was this intended? (high contrasting sharp lines, not much smoothness)

I know nothing about marketing/liveries, so it has probably been done to be "eye popping" & appealing which no doubt works..
/jelly
it has my name on it, i'll take it!
So incredibly awesome. Congrats
Quote from doyal :The above cars look great, if not quite similar. Was this intended? (high contrasting sharp lines, not much smoothness)

I know nothing about marketing/liveries, so it has probably been done to be "eye popping" & appealing which no doubt works..

I think that's pretty much down to JJ's own particular style.

It's also a much more Asian look than what you're probably used to seeing in Europe, there are obviously large cultural differences, which translate into different designs being put on cars.

I especially like the design on the RX8, and I think i'd like it even more in different colors... never been a huge fan of white, red, black.
#68 - JJ72
the color is usually depended on the client's sponsorship package, just coincidence that they are mostly high contrast, for the style etc I am still looking for more opportunities to explore while learning to do thing in other ways, watching those on TV I learned a thing or two how to make it pop more on screen besides looking on in still shots.

the Mazda duo finished 2nd and 4th but the Blue/orange Ford GT crashed, overall not a bad weekend!
#69 - JJ72
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 2nZc0&feature=related

a lot of shots of the aston from 3:50 onwards, the GT3 class is more an amatuer series but it's the sexiest series on the day, I aim to do a lot more of those cars next year, the camera men are alll over the cars in the pits. :o even more attention then WTCC and the Formula 3.
Those camera men know what 'teh sex' is. Seriously those cars look stunning, great work on making us all jelly.
JJ you must feel amazing seeing that on TV! What a great achievement.

All the best going forward.

btw, what software do you use?
#74 - JJ72
one missing the front and one missing the rear, so techincially we still have one car....opps. The really smashed up porsche is my friend too, he was alright though, gladly.

Doing car skin.....in real life (pics!)
(343 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG