The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
Nub.
Attached images
ComeOnSpanky.png
Yay, EA managed to change my Master EA ID. Now named BoseATi instead of gerbenbol... /fanboycoat

Anyway, can't wait for the release, just hope it will run a little better around that time. And the lag better be fixed, else those 64-player maps are horrible-ish IMO.
i still see you as gerbenbol

BRING ON CASPIAN!
trying to try the jets need 4 more peeps
Alright. Couple of hours of gameplay on Caspian Border and Metro.

Left unimpressed mostly due the insane lag on every server.

Hopefully they are just testing something that isn't obviously working but the whole Origin/Battlelog stuff needs to die a painful death. I thought I had seen the worst with Origin but the 'Log thing is just utter abomination.
I'm not getting lag on Caspian servers Multiplay UK anyway.

I like battlelog, it's different, maybe a bit to much detail about it, but i still like it.

Origin is a bad idea and is executed badly, they can't compete with steam. Also, why have friends list in battlelog, and a seperate one in origin wtf :S
Quote from DejaVu :I'm not getting lag on Caspian servers Multiplay UK anyway.

I like battlelog, it's different, maybe a bit to much detail about it, but i still like it.

Origin is a bad idea and is executed badly, they can't compete with steam. Also, why have friends list in battlelog, and a seperate one in origin wtf :S

yea tanks can fly now!!!!!
blah, i keep disconnecting in 1st minute of gameplay, nomatter wich server i join, seems to be punkbuster related issue.
#584 - Uke
Looks like I bought my gtx 560ti just in time

Already shot down another jet in a dogfight, that stuff is intense!
Quote from -NightFly- :blah, i keep disconnecting in 1st minute of gameplay, nomatter wich server i join, seems to be punkbuster related issue.

punkbuster isn't enabled
#586 - Uke
Quote from DejaVu :punkbuster isn't enabled

It actually is in some servers, and in the servers it is enabled many are having problems.
#587 - Uke
Quote from spankmeyer :Alright. Couple of hours of gameplay on Caspian Border and Metro.

Left unimpressed mostly due the insane lag on every server.

Hopefully they are just testing something that isn't obviously working but the whole Origin/Battlelog stuff needs to die a painful death. I thought I had seen the worst with Origin but the 'Log thing is just utter abomination.

There's some finnish servers, you should try those.
Quote from Bmxtwins :i still see you as gerbenbol

BRING ON CASPIAN!

Must be impossible for my BF3 soldier to be changed then. Hopefully the retail game will just have an option to make your own soldier name instead of being tied to your master EA ID.

I'm going to play this weekend, who's in? Maybe I can record some awesoem flying or shootin'
Jets suck ass. I mean wtf, you don't have missiles in it? Even worse if it's some kind of upgrade thing.
Also having unbearable fps drops in caspian border. Showing average 50-70fps, then bang,
the game freezes for a second or two and the time it wakes the **** up I'm dead because someone had the beautiful opportunity to stab me with a knife.
Noticed that the game is using 1gb of gpu memory, might be the problem.
I don't get why it memorizes every damn place you've been in, it runs well until I have been in several different places.
Quote from TamelCoe :Jets suck ass. I mean wtf, you don't have missiles in it? Even worse if it's some kind of upgrade thing.
Also having unbearable fps drops in caspian border. Showing average 50-70fps, then bang,
the game freezes for a second or two and the time it wakes the **** up I'm dead because someone had the beautiful opportunity to stab me with a knife.
Noticed that the game is using 1gb of gpu memory, might be the problem.
I don't get why it memorizes every damn place you've been in, it runs well until I have been in several different places.

I believe you have to unlock the missiles in them. Same goes to alternative fire in the tanks etc I think (since I don't have that either). I'm not sure wether to hate it or love it. BC2 also had this method.

I havn't checked how much VRAM the games uses for me, but I did notice it uses alot of RAM. Do you have this too?
Quote from Bose321 :
I havn't checked how much VRAM the games uses for me, but I did notice it uses alot of RAM. Do you have this too?

Uses about ~2gb of it, it is quite a lot for my 4gb of ram
A little less lag today it seems so I can actually kinda play the game.

So if the game crashes, you don't get any XP from the round, is that true? Kinda annoying as it crashed when the "Your team won!" text hit the screen.
Search for the servers with 20 players in it or so and of course low ping, those shouldn't lag at all. Just put 5+ from filters and it should show plenty of those servers
Still don't understand why there's no area map and proper squad menu. It feels and plays like Dice had zero interest to actually improve core aspects of BF2 and just dicked around with the engine and bolted random, wrong and unthinked features in like no tomorrow.

My personal Bullet Point List of Pain is growing by the minute the with this game.

Oh well, EA got my pre-order money so it's a meh-meh situation.
Quote from spankmeyer :Still don't understand why there's no area map and proper squad menu. It feels and plays like Dice had zero interest to actually improve core aspects of BF2 and just dicked around with the engine and bolted random, wrong and unthinked features in like no tomorrow.

My personal Bullet Point List of Pain is growing by the minute the with this game.

Oh well, EA got my pre-order money so it's a meh-meh situation.

The squad-menu is totally different in the retail come according to DICE
People seem to be forgetting that this is actually a beta.
Ofcourse there are features missing (squadsettings/button conf...etc) because of the very same reason.
Also the ping issues and lagones (incl. connection losses) are because of servers stresstesting.
Noone did but a gun on your head and told you to pre-order the game...hell, i didn't order it.
But from the looks of it I am going to buy it when it gets released.
Instead of throwing around expressions: "wasted money/this game is shit/..." people should use a brain more often. (especially in EA forums where the amount of IQ seems to be smaller than a kids shoenumber)
Quote from -NightFly- :People seem to be forgetting that this is actually a beta.
Ofcourse there are features missing (squadsettings/button conf...etc) because of the very same reason.
Also the ping issues and lagones (incl. connection losses) are because of servers stresstesting.
Noone did but a gun on your head and told you to pre-order the game...hell, i didn't order it.
But from the looks of it I am going to buy it when it gets released.
Instead of throwing around expressions: "wasted money/this game is shit/..." people should use a brain more often.

I agree a little but; you can't say "It's beta" to everything. Obviously they had some idea's that some don't like, like the Battlelog but it's not an excuse that's a beta.

I'm not sure what you mean with the stress testing, do they make it lag on purpose? There is a fraction of the people online now compared to what will be online when the retail game is out. Will that mean it will be stressed more and more laggy? It doesn't really make sense.
Quote from Bose321 :I agree a little but; you can't say "It's beta" to everything. Obviously they had some idea's that some don't like, like the Battlelog but it's not an excuse that's a beta.

I'm not sure what you mean with the stress testing, do they make it lag on purpose? There is a fraction of the people online now compared to what will be online when the retail game is out. Will that mean it will be stressed more and more laggy? It doesn't really make sense.

They have stated very clearly on their forums that yes they are doing it for purpose, and no i do not know exactly what that "stresstesting" means but i do not care either, I'm not a programmer or graphics designer so i wouln't understand every detail anyway. As long as they deliver a decen't product i'm fine.
I'm fine if someone else is having a great time with the beta. Not throwing hissy fits about EA this and Dice that but so far the experience has not been very good one for me personally. Still going to install the retail and test it out but I'll be mega-surprised if the beta isn't close to 99% of the shipped product. Month or two is very little time to fix anything in a game of this size.
Quote from -NightFly- :They have stated very clearly on their forums that yes they are doing it for purpose, and no i do not know exactly what that "stresstesting" means but i do not care either, I'm not a programmer or graphics designer so i wouln't understand every detail anyway. As long as they deliver a decen't product i'm fine.

of course.... i had it several times that 100% of the servers where full. of course this is a stress test. and yesterday when everyone wanted to join the CB servers and all where lagging like hell, it was also because of the MASSIVE amount of join request etc. the metro ones where running smooth as hell at that time.

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG