The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
Holding the game in my hand.

/puts in CD tray
/installs

... to be continued.
Quote from PMD9409 :Holding the game in my hand.

/puts in CD tray
/installs

... to be continued.

meh lucky i have to wait until 18th for my CD
Quote from Bose321 :Since when do you live in America?

only 8 years. u should know already :P

btw i bought it in best buy,the fookers are hiding it in a safe O.O
but i cant log in to my origin !! and cant install arrgh. no email confirmation yet. or will i get one?
Quote from PMD9409 :Holding the game in my hand.

/puts in CD tray
/installs

... to be continued.

/fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

I'm playing it on hard, taking me a bit longer to get through missions than expected, however not really a bad thing. The jet scene (should I be quiet?) is pretty intense, but I'm a bit confused on how to actually do it on hard. They pop the flares each time you shoot, no way of getting around it.

Oh and I normally beat the campaign before jumping online. Yes, I'm old school like that.
me too i play the single player first than online. im at the part when going with gas mask for russians :P
this game is impressive ! love
Quote from PMD9409 :/fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

I'm playing it on hard, taking me a bit longer to get through missions than expected, however not really a bad thing. The jet scene (should I be quiet?) is pretty intense, but I'm a bit confused on how to actually do it on hard. They pop the flares each time you shoot, no way of getting around it.

Oh and I normally beat the campaign before jumping online. Yes, I'm old school like that.

Did SP on hard also, just hold lock on til they pop flares then fire
Quote from PMD9409 :/fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

yeah, hard is harder then expected. one of the first missions where you had to get the lmg on the bridge was quite frustrating. the only whay to get the lmg was to rush but since there is no cover you get shot quite often before you even get there (at least i)

and just keep shooting on them, takes a while but somewhen the don't use flares and are down.

and multiplayer is insane the only things that bug me are:
1. sometimes it's hard to get on a server because the game crashes
2. if i manage it to get on a server the game freezes at least every second round (it happens only in multiplayer for me. and the game is harder to kill then in the beta. in the beta the game just crashed, leading you to get back back in your browser and i just had to click close game and it was done. now it just freezes and i have to get the taskmanager + the mouse is stuck to the top left corner -.-)
3. i only had one god game with a squad that kept together. lol just noobs there

but seems like 99% of the beta bugs are fixed (inclouding the undead guys which was VERY impportant to fix) usually no lags, whatsoever

(dunno if the problems are caused because i use a crack (yes i use a crack because i don't see why i'm not allowed to play my purchased hard copy game.... )

will replace it with the original file tomorrow, hope it will fix issues
The campaign is god damn abysmal. A freaking disgrace.
I think the campaign is not to bad for a multiplayer oriented game. Guess that's what happens when the game is rushed to beat cods release date. There's no doubt single player and co-op could of been so much better.
A Battlefield game doesnt even need a single player campaign...
Quote from John5200 :yeah, hard is harder then expected. one of the first missions where you had to get the lmg on the bridge was quite frustrating. the only whay to get the lmg was to rush but since there is no cover you get shot quite often before you even get there (at least i)

and just keep shooting on them, takes a while but somewhen the don't use flares and are down.

and multiplayer is insane the only things that bug me are:
1. sometimes it's hard to get on a server because the game crashes
2. if i manage it to get on a server the game freezes at least every second round (it happens only in multiplayer for me. and the game is harder to kill then in the beta. in the beta the game just crashed, leading you to get back back in your browser and i just had to click close game and it was done. now it just freezes and i have to get the taskmanager + the mouse is stuck to the top left corner -.-)
3. i only had one god game with a squad that kept together. lol just noobs there

but seems like 99% of the beta bugs are fixed (inclouding the undead guys which was VERY impportant to fix) usually no lags, whatsoever

(dunno if the problems are caused because i use a crack (yes i use a crack because i don't see why i'm not allowed to play my purchased hard copy game.... )

will replace it with the original file tomorrow, hope it will fix issues

You can play online with cracked game? wow...
Quote from TamelCoe :You can play online with cracked game? wow...

of course... i have my personal cd key.... (it's even legal for example if you have bought a game that requires you to put in the cd everytime you wanna start the game to get a no cd crack that remains the rest of the game unaffected)

the crack was only for getting around the releasdate check

Quote from DevilDare :A Battlefield game doesnt even need a single player campaign...

check the internet. a lot of people get mw3 just because the singleplayer will be better. of course it doesn't need one but it's like a must have nowadays. especially the bc2 single player was just there so that... they can state there is one...
Uhm, no? People will get MW3 because they will buy anything that has CoD in the title. Even if BF handed out free gold bars to their players, MW would still outsell Battlefield...

Anyway, there was no need for it. I would much rather they spent the resources and time to touch-up and work on the multilayer... If you are buying a Battlefield game for the single player experience, then you sir, are doing it wrong.

Whats wrong?

Its a freaking interactive movie thats whats wrong... Taking the word linear to a whole new level.

How can people say the jet level was, "tense"? It pissed me off more then anything. To start off I was denied of controlling the actual jet, and then to make things worse I was forced to sit for 5minutes without being able to do anything. Like what the ****? Am I playing a game or watching a movie here?

Its scripted like no tomorrow. As I said, a disgrace. We are not retards. We do not need to be spoon fed and hand held throughout the whole game.
Well sure it's all scripted but that does not spoil the fun for me. Sure I won't even consider to play it a second time, but I think it's fun to just play with a storyline instead of just shooting everyone you see.
I don't mind the SP. But we all know games like this are more MP focused, I'd rather them take SP out and lower the price than making a half-ass campaign. The SP is always too short, so by the time you finish its like "that's it?! what was the point?!".

ps. but i have to admit. the jet scene was pretty ****ing cool. im not buying MW3 ill probably just pirate it for the single player. I don't really find MP interesting anymore and im definitely not paying 90 bucks for a couple hours of game play.
#767 - Uke
I'm seriously starting to get angry, I have a decent rig and I still can't really play bf3
Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I'm starting to feel like the SP campaign is actually worth it, at least in videos it looks much better than the COD ones. + The co-op but I doubt I'll ever really get in to the online play. The online play is a bit meh for me since I already have RO2 for good online FPS.
Well, finished the SP campaign on Hard in about 5 hours. Including the numerous reloads due to me dying, as hard is refreshingly hard. So the Sp campaign is very short. CoDBlOps feels really lengthy compared to it.

And god, the writing is awful. While the general premise is actually interesting, both plot relevant events and "side flavour" are so stupid tha you want to slap the writers. Now I can't talk about all the stupid things on top of my head, as I haven't taken notes, but following are those I can think of spontanously:

- you have to quick time event battle a rat. Seriously. Could have been interoreted as satire of the QTE crazyness of the industry, if it were not for the dozens of other QTEs in that game.

- a mate calls you over to assist treatment on a wounded prisoner. As soon as you step over, said mate steps aside and hands you a syringe you just jam into the prisoners chest while he does nothing. Nothing at all. I can't see how that guy could have needed assistance, except that you need to be there to get some plot revelations by the prisoner...

- The whole game is a flashback the main character blackburn is telling, as he is imprisoned and questioned for treason. He did shoot his CO on command of a russian agent "to save millions of lives". How that worked? Don't know. It's not clear why the CO, and higher ups, are to be left in the dark and even killed and how that would help you in preventing the big bad of the plot to proceed.
It's said that the big bad is an asset of the CIA, which doesn't know that the big bad went rogue, but it never is explained how letting anyone know about the affair could hinder the capture of the big bad.

- Flashbacks of events that no person in the interrogation knows of.

All in all, the script isn't even at direct-to-DVD thriller quality. Heck, it wouldn't get green lighted as a direct-to-TV production.

Some other things that bug me in SP:

No crouched sprint. Not a biggie really, but as your AI teammates crouch sprint all the time, it kind of makes me feel like I'm a retard following them through fire in an upright position while they are keeping low.

Save points. Not only does BF3 use savepoints exclusively, they're placed stupidly. I've encountered two kinds: Some are set so close to the action that you get shot dead on hard before you can turn enough to face an enemy. On the others, you have to endure the same long dialogue sequence again and again...

Also, the "jet" level is atrociously bad and tedious. You don't even get to fly the plane, you're just a passenger, quicktiming out of attacks and clicking enemies dead. Boring. And you don't get to practice flying jets for MP.

But the facial animations are great, both in the cutscenes and gameplay. Almost at the level of the Uncharted series.
Haters always gonna hate.
I just beat the SP. If I take the missions one by one, they are all great. But the story is so stupid I want to cry. (and somewhat familiar, blackops anyone?)

/i'm not a codfag btw
Yep, mostly because BF3 is multiplayer-oriented game, take sp just as a simple "extra" to the original mode.
Quote from DevilDare :Uhm, no? People will get MW3 because they will buy anything that has CoD in the title. Even if BF handed out free gold bars to their players, MW would still outsell Battlefield...

I will get BF3 for the MP and MW3 for the SP, I really need to know how the story ends (or not).
Maybe I'm just easily pleased, but the SP isn't all that bad. It's not going to be as good as a freakin movie, or else the writers would be writing movies. Obviously if you are a jet fighter on MP, you want to fly the jet in SP. Well not everyone knows or cares to fly the jet, so that's why you just ride in it and do the firing.

Some people just take it like little kids instead of seeing it for what it is, just an introduction into the game, where MP is the prime target.
Quote from PMD9409 :Maybe I'm just easily pleased, but the SP isn't all that bad. It's not going to be as good as a freakin movie, or else the writers would be writing movies. Obviously if you are a jet fighter on MP, you want to fly the jet in SP. Well not everyone knows or cares to fly the jet, so that's why you just ride in it and do the firing.

Some people just take it like little kids instead of seeing it for what it is, just an introduction into the game, where MP is the prime target.

Haven't made it cleaqr, ti seems: yeah, MP is the meat of BF3, and the SP IS actually fun. It's just that the money the studio and publisher certainly have spent on it could've been used better if only they had invested in a slightly better team of writers. It so desperately screams "I wanna be CoD" that it's sad rather than funny.

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG