The online racing simulator
Quote from CSF :Totally.

For your interest.

I'm Sm1ley, and Rockclan is Rocky7up.

At the moment I'm at Rocky's place for a week to celebrate summer vacation.
Attached images
Sm1ley Lan Group.jpg
Quote from cargame.nl :Flights booked.

[SR] Prodigy / Rudolfa did the same thing so we travel together.

woohoo now who has a video recorder so we can document the road trip
Status report:

10 days to go, and ze dutch won't be too smug at the meeting

How will the weather behave? sun? thunder? snow?

greetz

der butz
#554 - CSF
Snow and a sprinkling of sheep.
If it's raining us Brits will have to show you how it's done!
I won't race. I will just stand there and watch you wet yourselves :-)

greetz

der butz
a wet race would be fun probably give me a chance aswell with the extra balast to keep things planted
I have only driven indoor karts before, what can I expect these karts to behave compared to those? Also wet track, how much of the grip goes away then, 50%, 75%, more?
#560 - AMB
Quote from The Very End :I have only driven indoor karts before, what can I expect these karts to behave compared to those? Also wet track, how much of the grip goes away then, 50%, 75%, more?

Same karts, so same speed around 40-50mph, depending on the track (straights etc) as for wet driving, just drive off line, wider lines and don't be afraid to be physical with the steering, sometimes you need to force the kart in and not be afraid, but if you do then do a snapping motion with the steeringzz, and I'd say as for grip, about 40% goes away? as a guess, but if you end up braking on the racing line in the wet, say bye bye to your back end
Quote from franky500 :a wet race would be fun probably give me a chance aswell with the extra balast to keep things planted

im with u on that one! xD
Rain at the UK Kart meet ?

I sense a repeat of Belgian GP 1998 Start if that happens.
Am really starting to look forward to this...slightly scared of making a complete fool of myself on the track, and if there is rain oh its going to be even worse for me. But still it should be a great laugh and looking forward to it
Quote from boothy :It's Britain, be prepared for all weathers

Average of 13 degrees?

Damn I can't cancel my flight

... I have snow goggles though
We have had the most amazingly hot summer. It ended 2 days ago.

Wet weather in karts is wildly varied, at a guess because this is a small tack with only the 1 fleet of karts this centre will send us out on slicks so depending on how much standing water and the track temperature grip could be anything from about 15% of normal.

Racing slicks in the wet is a bit of a handful, you can go very fast still but the margin for error is practically zero and it's usually better not to push too close to the limit.
or another way to put it is, when you turn it doesn't turn, then when it finally does turn the rear now has no grip and you are most likely to spin, so yeah. Don't do that.
ya ive done a wet race on slicks before and loved it though, only because everyone was spinning off and i just kept it on the road

Can i get an Hallelujah!
Status report:

9 days to go, and I wonder if I should take a bright red piece of cloth with me, for Brent.

Katja actually tries to force me to kart with you.
greetz

der butz
Quote from Becky Rose :We have had the most amazingly hot summer. It ended 2 days ago.

Still around 90F/32C here.

O/T:
Love the new avatar.
What's the train service like on Sunday from Cardiff to Bristol? How often, how long etc.

or if anyone with a spare seat if heading Bristol way on Sunday morning then let me know.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :What's the train service like on Sunday from Cardiff to Bristol? How often, how long etc.

or if anyone with a spare seat if heading Bristol way on Sunday morning then let me know.

I would have thought big Bread could drop you there
how far would i have to deviate from m4?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG