The online racing simulator
How do each of the cars stack up to their counter parts in FM3 Jibber?
For the mx-5 and 944 it's too long ago to really tell. The 944 doesn't have the most accurate engine sounds in FM3, that's all i can say.

The S2000 i can compare best, since i took it to the track this year and spent a full day pushing it to its limits (and over).

First of all, let me say this: I always found it very hard to compare a game to real life, no matter how much of a sim it is or not. What is really missing is all the forces... in real life i relate to feeling a lot, and don't really drive with my "head". So please take the following with a grain of salt...

In my opinion, the S2000 in FM3 is very similar to the S2000 IRL. The cockpit is done almost perfectly and the dials are spot on. Engine sound is also spot on, aswell as the powercurve/acceleration characteristics. I really feel like sitting in my car regarding those things.

Another thing that feels very smiliar to the S2000 IRL is the way how you lose traction in the rear sometimes. I'm not talking about a provoked powerslide, but loosing traction when going through a corner at the grip limit and reaching the point when it's slightly too much for the tyres.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 4VFj8&feature=related
Look at 4:20 in this video when i enter the corner after the straight. At 4:26 you can see how i push a little too much, and the tail quickly steps out (maybe hard to see, since it's just a slight angle). The way the tail steps out in the S2000 like that is something that feels exactly the same in FM3. It was the first car i bought in FM3 and i remember thinking "wow, they did a pretty good job simulating the handling of this car".

In short words:

Can't say for the miata and 944, but the S2000 feels a lot like its real life counterpart (as far as a game can feel like real life). Very good!

EDIT: Talking about the stock version of course.
Nice, its always good to get comparisons.

I do agree, there is a certain amount of physical "feeling" you get from driving IRL, that you just don't get from "games".
Irrelevant of the forces involved (and once they can model those, sim racing will get really mental) one of the key "feelings" is fear
Quote from Dajmin :Irrelevant of the forces involved (and once they can model those, sim racing will get really mental) one of the key "feelings" is fear

Haha! Maybe we found your problem there captain slow!
This is fear.

Nurburgring, rounding a corner at 130mph, leant over, knee skimming the track, when you notice a huge coach plodding along at 50mph.

My poor little sphincter, think thats the closest I've come to dieing, and it was close!!!, either that or the time I got target fixation at a trackday at snetterton and ended up on the grass at 60mph trying to keep the damn thing upright!
Quote from jibber :Haha! Maybe we found your problem there captain slow!

Hey, I only drive slow in-game so fear is clearly not my problem
http://www.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=18804

"I was watching the guys at our company trying it out in the office," he said. "I tried it a little bit. It's very similar in a lot of aspects to Gran Turismo. Some base components of the game are very different from Gran Turismo. It's a little bit different from what a simulator is. You can feel it when you drive it."

I'm not so sure about GT5 anymore...

*does appologize for any console flamewars this post might cause*
Fingers crossed for GT5 then
Quote from jibber :
The thing that is too easy in Forza is snap oversteer. In all the time i was playing Forza (FM1 and 2 included), i never had a car "snap back" in the other direction for over-correcting a slide. In real life, this could result in snap oversteer and a spinout eventually. Never happend to me in Forza.

This is the thing that's killing the whole FM3 experience for me. I just can't stand those sudden tankslappers when I'm about the end the drift and the car decides to snap itself in to a wall at Fujimi Kaido. It never ever happened in FM2.

I'm not sure I can call FM3 to be more sim than FM2 because of this fault, at the moment it actually ranks lower than FM2 for me. The tires don't feel (and definately look!) correct when those annoying snapbacks happen. It's always a big "what the hell was that?!" -feeling, and those usually kill the sim feeling, just like in rFactor and GTR games.

I can't justify the cost of a 360 MSFF wheel just for FM3 alone either. If the wheel was better quality, then I might, but not for a hunk of plastic that will fall apart soon.

How I currently personally rank console racing games:
FM2 + gamepad > GT5P + G25 > FM3 + gamepad
Errr.......maybe I am reading something wrong here, but you are going against what jibber said.
Quote from Matrixi :This is the thing that's killing the whole FM3 experience for me. I just can't stand those sudden tankslappers when I'm about the end the drift and the car decides to snap itself in to a wall at Fujimi Kaido. It never ever happened in FM2.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. Are you saying you experience snap back oversteer too much in FM3?

Let's say... right hand corner, drift through with countersteer to the left, then corner ends, you stop countersteering too late and then the car snaps to the left and you end up in the wall?

Have you tried experimenting with controller sensitivity (xbox profile settings) and deadzones (advance controller options in FM3)?
Ah, I misread badly indeed.

It's not so much as snap oversteer, as it is more of a tankslapper.

What I mean is, when I stop counter steering, the game steer smoothing still keeps counter steering even when my gamepad stick is dead center, and that causes the car to tankslap itself to the direction I was counter steering 2 seconds ago. Which results in a crash.

I could record a full lenght movie by now from all the times that has happened to me in FM3. It's really frustrating especially when drifting with buddies in multiplayer.

Haven't tried changing the deadzones yet, I figured deadzones wouldn't remove the steering lag they incorporated in FM3. Will try tweaking them later.
Now i understand.

Removing the deadzones won't eliminate the steering lag (which can indeed be annoying, i just haven't experienced it this bad yet), but it will greatly improve the steering nevertheless.

I felt like the high sensitivity setting in the xbox profile helped a lot with the steering lag. I've driven like this since release, maybe that's why i've never really experienced what you describe (or i compensated for it without realizing). However, since i've removed the deadzones, i went back to medium sensitivity... and immediately noticed the steering lag again. I thought i would get used to it, but maybe i'll switch back to the high setting (even tho it's a bit too sensitive with no deadzones).

I'd certainly give it a try with all the different settings you can use. It won't change the game, but can help to improve it.

PS: What's your gamertag anyway? I'll need to add you to my list!
You know what I'm getting tired of on the official forza forum? The insentient bitching and moaning...

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/3205453.aspx

Seriously?

The game hasn't even been out for a month...who knows what Turn 10 is doing in the background...

With that logic we should of sued the LFS Dev team years ago, rofl.
"Fans are ungrateful dip-shits who will never be happy with what you throw out...."

always true
Quote from JJ72 :"Fans are ungrateful dip-shits who will never be happy with what you throw out...."

always true

Indeed.

Its sad. They will never be happy. Even if the game was made out of pure gold they would still bitch.....

I tend to ignore them....
Quote from DevilDare :Indeed.

Its sad. They will never be happy. Even if the game was made out of pure gold they would still bitch.....

I tend to ignore them....

I actualy se ignoring as it is the only option to not get angry at them.
FM3 - Needs moar AW11.
gotta love the americans and their class action law suits.
Quote from danowat :gotta love the americans and their class action law suits.

its dumb. people are ridiculous.
It is, totally, but the internet and lack of physically social activity is breeding a whole generation of whiney, social malcontents, who have lost all grip on reality, just look at dustin!!!!
Quote from danowat :It is, totally, but the internet and lack of physically social activity is breeding a whole generation of whiney, social malcontents, who have lost all grip on reality, just look at dustin!!!!

Has he even seighn any daylight in 10 years?

Its just a joke dustin...
Quote from danowat :It is, totally, but the internet and lack of physically social activity is breeding a whole generation of whiney, social malcontents, who have lost all grip on reality, just look at dustin!!!!

Of course, because I never have social activity. That's why I'm always so lonely in my room all day with no friends, girlfriend or any reason to live.

AND REALITY! EVERYONE JUST FLYS SPACESHIPS AROUND INSTEAD OF WALKING!! AND PEOPLE GET DISEASES FROM MONKEYS!! PEOPLE SHOULD STOP ****ING MONKEYS AND GETTING DISEASES FROM MONKEYS! INSTEAD I HEAR KANGAROOS ARE SO MUCH BETTER AND GENTLE!

More seriously, I'm perfectly fine with social activity. You lot are just easier to wind up than a self-winding music box as you get aggravated at the slightest hint that anything you enjoy is less than perfect or the best.

It's ****ing hilarious.

/thread.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG