The online racing simulator
Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
#26 - JJ72
still doesn't look as good as GT5.

But finally a decent wheel for Xbox! If that works on the PC as well I would seriously consider buying one. (even better if it's the GT3RS)
this is probaply one of those games that you need-to-pre-order. gonna do that asap its gonna appear in web stores
oh and every skinner here must enter this http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/contest/default.aspx oh crap. Must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the 50 US or DC at time of entry
#28 - JJ72
I wouldn't, seeing forza2 being a frequent bargin bin find nowadays

at least in Hong Kong where racing game ain't that big.
I'm a PS3 guy, and I have got to say this looks fantastic!

BUT....

As said before, the graphics are far too reflective thus making them cartoon. I mean, they are almost like mirror cars! They track detail is just.... ugh. I'm just thinking it looks like Forza Motorsport 2 with make up on.

And how can you guys say that this is a GT5 beater? You haven't seen one screenshot yet! And if you are talking about prologue, that can't rival it 'cos it ain't a full game.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :
And how can you guys say that this is a GT5 beater? You haven't seen one screenshot yet! And if you are talking about prologue, that can't rival it 'cos it ain't a full game.

They mean it will beat it physics wise, and it will because GT5 will suck just like GT4...

btw i have a ps3.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :

www.polepositiondriver.com for screenshots (if you meant Forza 3 screenshots)
Quote from EliteAti :www.polepositiondriver.com for screenshots

I think he means GT5 screenshots, nobody would be that stupid not to look at the links on the opening post would they? Those Forza 3 shots are definitely real considering NFS Shit showed even more detailed in-game action on the 360, so it's not like that is not possible. A welcomed face lift I think, Forza 2 had awful jagged edges on the cars.

But back to consocefagwars. I think GT5 needs to deliver something amazing to justify such a long development time and wait. As investor I'd be furious if it didn't top Forza 3 with miles and sell billions, cure cancer and feed the hungry children of the world. Turn 10 have released two hit racing games by the end of this year, while we don't even know if GT5 will have damage.
Looking pretty good. My only issues with FM2 was that the tracksides were pretty empty and clinical and that the career mode wasn't interesting enough. Looks like they've fixed the first part, so fingers crossed for the rest.

Hopefully there'll be a demo at some point.
#34 - JJ72
Quote from Furiously-Fast :And how can you guys say that this is a GT5 beater? You haven't seen one screenshot yet! And if you are talking about prologue, that can't rival it 'cos it ain't a full game.

ROFL at this.....

the Prologue IS almost the full game, just without all the content.

And if you think they can furthermore polish up the already done car models and graphic engine is such short period of time.........you are very very very optimistic.

There will be minute differences but the prologue can certain rival the quality of the final product.
The car models probably won't change, but they were talking a while back about adding a damage model. Maybe not to the extent of games like Grid, but at least as much as Forza 2 would be better than the titanium blocks the cars are now

But this is a Forza 3 thread, not the GT5 one. Let's not get off-topic so quickly. There are plenty of GT/PS3 vs Forza/360 fanboy threads elsewhere on the interwebs if you really want to get into that.
The graphics look amazing, but to me physics are more important. If they are even as good as in Forza 2, I might consider buying XBox360.
#37 - Byku
Visual tyre deformation... now that is interesting . Indeed it might be GT5 killer.... but we'll see that in the future .
I don't think that's actual ingame footage
Quote from richukss :I don't think that's actual ingame footage

actually it could be, but it would be a result of many,many tries. i mean it is possible atleast in rl to drive cars like that, it just needs alot of skill
Quote from lukelfs ::P yeah, this video is pretty nice,

http://forzamotorsport.net/en- ... m?mediaid=114#/video/120/

But this video makes the game look really really really reaaallllyyyyy bad...
http://forzamotorsport.net/en- ... m?mediaid=114#/video/114/

First vid looks okay. It also says Actual Gameplay Footage. Thank god the second one does not say that because it looks more like the sequel to Pixar's "Cars" than a good racing or car simulation type game.

How that is meant to impress people I haven't got a clue, the way the cars move and spin is just stupid.
During E3 conference they said, that the second vid' is made by using ingame Video Editor, maybe they just wanted to show, what that Video Editor can do.
#43 - Byku
Still looks good. Cockpit view - check. Ability to actually roll the cars now - check.
Now I want to see the skin designer reworked to be a little more friendly (and actually properly mirror designs when you copy one side to the other) and the damage model. Then I can die happy
Quote from Furiously-Fast :I'm a PS3 guy, and I have got to say this looks fantastic!

BUT....

As said before, the graphics are far too reflective thus making them cartoon. I mean, they are almost like mirror cars! They track detail is just.... ugh. I'm just thinking it looks like Forza Motorsport 2 with make up on.

People cant keep using Its not a full game as an excuse, Prologue is enough to compare the games, as it is the same game without some things , Im not an Microsoft fan boy, even though it may sound like it, I own a PS3 + GT5P, and GT5P is a good game in many ways, but hey..

And the reflections are pretty similar to GT5P, imo... But they could turn the colour down, so it doesnt look so 'cartoony'

@Dajmin, They could easily make it so you can plug in a Mouse and Keyboard to allow you to use the editor in a easier way, Which would be really nice , Or the ability to import an paintjob in a Image file, like the skin comp they have going.
Quote from lukelfs :
@Dajmin, They could easily make it so you can plug in a Mouse and Keyboard to allow you to use the editor in a easier way

But then people would just draw dicks on their cars. With that handicapped system people just don't bother because it's so much harder.
Quote from Blackout :But then people would just draw dicks on their cars. With that handicapped system people just don't bother because it's so much harder.

Lol... Have you not seen the cars on the auction house?
The reason they gave for not having an image importer for FM2 was copyright. Obviously they couldn't control which sponsors cars had access to and don't want to end up getting sued for improper use of a brand identity.
But I imagine giant car phalluses were a close second.
What bothers me about the cockpitview is that the in-game steering wheel only turns like 40° or so, no matter what the actual steering input is. I'll probably be buying this when it comes out. Last game I bought was GTA 4 when it came out more than a year ago now, so I think I'm entitled to a new game come October

Still a pity it won't work with my G25, though
Plus the drive seems awfully smooth in the cockpit, but the steering moving like it should would just look ridiculous. Think about how fast and sharply it would move lock to lock when using the pad. It's like LFS with keyboard.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG