The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Of course, because I never have social activity. That's why I'm always so lonely in my room all day with no friends, girlfriend or any reason to live.

AND REALITY! EVERYONE JUST FLYS SPACESHIPS AROUND INSTEAD OF WALKING!! AND PEOPLE GET DISEASES FROM MONKEYS!! PEOPLE SHOULD STOP ****ING MONKEYS AND GETTING DISEASES FROM MONKEYS! INSTEAD I HEAR KANGAROOS ARE SO MUCH BETTER AND GENTLE!

More seriously, I'm perfectly fine with social activity. You lot are just easier to wind up than a self-winding music box as you get aggravated at the slightest hint that anything you enjoy is less than perfect or the best.

It's ****ing hilarious.

/thread.

Hehehe, the delicous irony
Quote from dawesdust_12 : as you get aggravated at the slightest hint that anything you enjoy is less than perfect or the best.

Ohh boy, need i say something?

EDIT: Beaten by Dano, hehe!
Why, I don't get wound up ever. I'm perfectly calm. I couldn't give 2 shits about Forza other than trying to help people form wasting their money on it.

For Example: Someone I know who bought a 360 and Forza 3 for Forza... is already selling it. That's a quality game if within 2 weeks the package is being sold.

I got more than 2 weeks of entertainment out of a PSP game...

Apparently the PSP is more entertaining than a 360. Top work by Turn 10 again.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why, I don't get wound up ever. I'm perfectly calm. I couldn't give 2 shits about Forza other than trying to help people form wasting their money on it.

For Example: Someone I know who bought a 360 and Forza 3 for Forza... is already selling it. That's a quality game if within 2 weeks the package is being sold.

For you that is i enyoy forza 3
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why, I don't get wound up ever. I'm perfectly calm. I couldn't give 2 shits about Forza other than trying to help people form wasting their money on it.

Have you played Forza 3 extensively for hours? Have you been able to come up with your own opinion about it without being a daft moron? Every game has problems and bugs, even GT4. GT5 hasn't even come out yet and there is still a bunch of unknown and still a bunch of things that are just speculation but you seem to think it's god's gift to the entertainment world, why? You're too thick-headed to enjoy both? It's pretty comical how you act towards Forza. I plan to enjoy both and if GT5 is better, so be it...I'm not about to form an opinion on something that doesn't even exist yet...
I bought a 360 for Forza 3. Not regretting it at all. Most fun game i've played in a while.

Gamertag is Gav220

Considering your efforts in this thread you care more than than most people playing the game.

Why don't you just live and let live. It's nothing away from you if someone enjoys something you don't.

If there was only one maker for racing titles I would understand your frustration and venting. But the competition will improve both GT and FM series, what is best or better is always subjective but it will improve the competition making both fans better off.
Lol why the increase of 30?
190 and 200 were taken. 220 sounds better than 210. :P
Attached files
passo rev.mpr - 60.6 KB - 153 views
Quote from danowat :Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

I'll only make one point, hard doesn't equal realistic, take a Ferrari out on the track, and it isn't that hard to hold it in a lurid slide, you only have to see the talentless wonder jeremy clarkson doing it to how simple it can be.
Also, take the FZ50 out in LFS, its not a "hard" car to drive.
GT series has always tricked people into thinking its realistic by reducing grip.

@Jibber, I'll try out those settings, nice one

Again, I tested both games same cars on Sazuka. I have no stock in MS or Sony. I just call them like I see it.
In FM3 in the super cars and even highest end race cars I am able to MASH the throttle on corners with little consequence.
If...if...you even get oversteer you just catch it and go.
I tested various oversteer conditions like lift-off oversteer. I also tested in both games steering wildly driving into the grass and all sorts of reckless driving. It's like in FM3 the only way to crash is to brake late and understeer.
I also tested the Pontiac Solstice on Leguna against iRacing Solstice/Leguna.FM3 feels like an arcade game compared to the extreme difficulty you find in iRacing.
I was certained FM3 would have better physics because it's the newer game but it doesn't. And the difference is quite significant.
To really test these two games you really need to go from one game to the other using same cars and tracks in a matter of minutes.
You also need to have a fixed set of tests to generate factual comparisons.
If you think I'm wrong then please outline a test that I can run on both games that proves your point.
(I tried to make a movie in FM3 but my throttle and brake inputs didn't appear in the movie. Is there a way to do this? )
Quote from somasleep :
(I tried to make a movie in FM3 but my throttle and brake inputs didn't appear in the movie. Is there a way to do this? )

Press up or down on the d-pad.
This game is the best racing game i never play on a console !

Great racing, some cars, great physics, great customisation.

The bad point ATM is the impossibility to create online public rooms.

But, if u got some good friend on your list... this problem disapear!

For me it's the best distraction to wait for a patch...
Quote from somasleep :Again, I tested both games same cars on Sazuka. I have no stock in MS or Sony. I just call them like I see it.

My either fella, I have both the 360 and a PS3, I have no solid allegence to either camp.

Again, all I can do is call it as I "feel" it, like you.

To me, the biggest difference, apart from the tyre grip, is the illusion of weight and mass.

GT5p, doesn't have any, all the cars "feel" the same, there is very little illusion of weight transfer, and I belive the tyre physics in GT5p are deliberately decreased in tyre traction to make it feel more "sim".

I agree that the tyres in FM3 are more grippy than both FM2 and GT5p, and in the majority of cars, to me, they "feel" more realistic.

Take the (stock) Ferrari 599GTB out on a track like Le Mans Bugatti track and tell me it doesnt oversteer.

Bottomline, they are both games, they are both meant to be fun to play.
I have 3 very quick skylines.
I reckon we need a mod to come along and clean out all of the GT5 fanboy trolling from this thread. Could probably get it back down from 45 pages to about 12 I'm not a fan of goatse or smashing myself in the face with a mallet - I don't go to forums about these things to tell the people how wrong they are to enjoy it.

I love the Forza physics. It might not be totally 100% true to life (and I have no real-life experience of racing cars so I can't compare), but it's believable. Of course there are the inevitable joypad-assists but that's because 100% of 360 owners have pads while much less than that have wheels.

I stuck a rear spoiler on my GX8 this morning to try and tame the back end (yeah, it needed it after all) and was surprised by how light it made the front of the car feel - as a result I started understeering. That's the kind of subtle effects that I really appreciate.
Hello people

Ill give a breif explaination incase Chrisuu wants to signaturise me again lol. As many know my tv broke so sent it back and due to get it back Wednesday. It turns out my TV is cursed, the first time I got it I was sick. This time I was due to get it back and spend 2 days being tended to by the lovely NHS.

I still suffer with the headaches and get worse if im sat playing xbox/watching tv but I can for a bit so hope to see you guys online soon
I don't understand why the hell on an Live For Speed forum we find users arguing over GT5 and Forza 3!
Because every thread in the off topic section is to do with LFS?.

Pffftt
Discussion yes, but passionate arguing over these two sims? Just a tad odd! Have you guys not learned... you can buy and enjoy both! I
Some people refuse to learn. I have a PS3 with GT5P and a 360 with FM2 and FM3. I expect I'll get GT5 in March too. I like some things in each, and I dislike some things in each. But I don't feel the need to bring them up every time people start discussing it. I'd much rather focus on the positive elements than try to bring everyone down.
Quote from Intrepid :Discussion yes, but passionate arguing over these two sims? Just a tad odd! Have you guys not learned... you can buy and enjoy both! I

Like Dajmin, I do have, and enjoy, both.

Its just certain unbalanced indivduals who can't understand.
So is anyone up for getting their race on tonight? We can test some cars and tracks for the upcoming tournament and play around with rules and stuff. I don't mind being a guinea pig
I am just not getting the time to get on a properly RACE atm, I get a sporadic 15mins here and there, but its not worth pitching up to a decent multiplayer race with such limited time.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG