The online racing simulator
im hopefully getting the LE forza 3(i need a usb drive anyway )
taking screen shots on forza 3 will be awesome
Quote from richukss :In that video interview, gamespot i think, they said that there'll be SUV's. Were they joking? lol. If not, how awesome is that!! *thinks about things what to do on track with big SUV and a small Lotus*

*hummer* MOVE OUTTA MY WAY! bAnG!
*lotus* ouch!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Forza is 8xAA and runs at 60FPS (according to the devs blog) and it shows. The game is smooth and runs very nice. I will admit though that only 8 cars on the grid kinda sucks.

yes was wrong with the 30fps that wasn´t the final build at that moment later they said they are going to have it in final 60 fps with 2xAA ingame and 4aa in Replay. But I never heard of 8xAA that is just wrong..

Quote :And no, im not just remembering the pit lane/garage. It was like this in gameplay. No matter what settings i chose, the game seemed to put out little or no AA. I dont care what specific settings it was putting out, but its just too rough. I like my graphics to be smooth..

LoL but the settings prove what is reality and not what you want it to be, just like you are trying to tell me forza didn´t have aliasing both games have aliasing Forza2 and Gt5prologue and also the coming Forza3 will have aliasing but maybe some guys like you would pretend it doesn´t.

and about the fanboy thing no I have no interest discussing with you how you are a bad fanboy over pm lol
just shut up now funRacer[83], I am surprised Nathan has the patience to deal with you, all you are saying is his opinion sucked because YOU DON'T AGREE WITH IT.

he say the physics is average you say "no you are wrong its awesome!"
he say he doesn't like the sound you say "you are wrong forza 2's is WORSE!"

everyone just want to get one with forza3 here so please can you just shut up about GT5 already.
Quote from JJ72 :just shut up now funRacer[83], I am surprised Nathan has the patience to deal with you, all you are saying is his opinion sucked because YOU DON'T AGREE WITH IT.

he say the physics is average you say "no you are wrong its awesome!"
he say he doesn't like the sound you say "you are wrong forza 2's is WORSE!"

everyone just want to get one with forza3 here so please can you just shut up about GT5 already.

I just corrected some things he said because they were clearly wrong like the sound and gfx settings thing. I don´t see a problem in that if he says it has no aa and I do know that it have it I will say it. They just shouldn´t start talking about gt in a forza thread that is just plain stupid..
yeah. so lets get back on forza from this point.

any mention of improved online racing capacity?
Quote from funRacer[83] :I just corrected some things he said because they were clearly wrong like the sound and gfx settings thing. I don´t see a problem in that if he says it has no aa and I do know that it have it I will say it. They just shouldn´t start talking about gt in a forza thread that is just plain stupid..

How am i WRONG about the sounds? I said i dont think they sound great, which is my personal opinion, so how is my opinion wrong? Everyone has there own opinion. Same with the physics, i dont like the way the cars feel in the game at all.

Just shutup about GT now and lets get back ontopic.

@JJ, i dont think anything has been mentioned atm. In the vids, you can only see 8 cars on the grid but whether this would be the same in the final game, we shall have to wait and see.
I'm interested to see how realistic it is when set to full sim mode with no assists. Will some cars require healtoe/blipping to downshift properly with some cars? Do you have to press the clutch to upshift properly? What about throttle response etc...
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :How am i WRONG about the sounds? I said i dont think they sound great, which is my personal opinion, so how is my opinion wrong? Everyone has there own opinion. Same with the physics, i dont like the way the cars feel in the game at all.

Just shutup about GT now and lets get back ontopic.

You can´t just say something to me (ask me something) and then tell me to shut up and forbid me to give you an answer.

If you don´t want to talk about it anymore just stop and so will I but don´t give me a question and then tell me to shut up that is really just stupid.

You said: in GT5 there is no antialiasing! That is not a opinion that is a fact! But it is a wrong fact there is anti aliasing in the game.

That is just that simple it is wrong or right nothing more to it..

Also you just were deciding for all people that the gt5 physics are to arcade and the game is only for kids, you can´t expect me to not say anything to that when i do also love simulation games like lfs is and gt5 has much to offer.

The sound thing is just to obvious gt5 braking/sliding sound you don´t like well that I can understand but in Forza there is just a "bug" that the car you drive is not loud enough and the feeling is totally gone.. (I heard that the demo was even worse then the final game so they fixed it a little bit but I don´t know I only played the final game not the demo and it still was just bad).

But now let us just see if you really do care about the Thread and are able to just say nothing anymore or if you keep posting, but then you should get rid of that line telling me to not post any longer...
heh proper heeltoe.......well shame many sims still doesn't do that properly!

^ come on enough already!
Apologies if posted before.

Quote from Turn 10 Blog :Hello everybody, and welcome to the all-new Forzamotorsport.net, official home of the Forza Motorsport franchise and developer Turn 10. Now, before I get on with all the good stuff in our inaugural Forza Pitpass Report, bear with me for just a moment so I can get the following pent-up words out of my system: Forza Motorsport 3. Forza Motorsport 3. Forza Motorsport 3. Forza Motorsport 3. And Forza-frickin-Motorsport 3!

Phew.

Those of you who have been following my weekly updates here at FM.net know just how long I've wanted to write this special Forza Pitpass Report. Now that the gag order's been lifted by our marketing ninjas, I'm excited to confirm what you've probably been suspecting for ages now: Forza Motorsport 3, exclusive for the Xbox 360, is real and it's accelerating to a retail joint near you this holiday season. As a three-and-a-half year veteran here at Turn 10, as well as community manager on the project, this is technically the first Forza title I've been involved with from inception to execution (and hopefully beyond).

With the game nearing its final phases of development, I have to admit that I'm in a bit of a "dream job" situation here, working within the eye of Forza 3 storm on an amazing journey with the team. The fact that my community team and I can now speak openly to provide context and detail about this labor of love has Landin, Phred, and I very excited for the months to come.

I'm not going to take up this space regurgitating the Forza 3 fact sheet, which, by the way, is something all of you should peep first before we go any further. But what the heck, I'll summarize because some of these bullet points still stun me a little to this day.

The Forza 3 treasure trove looks something like this: More than 400 cars, with each vehicle model re-built from the ground up with 10x the number of details compared to its predecessor Forza 2. Plus, detailed cockpit views for all 400+ cars, each with working gauges (including race cars and digital multi-function displays). Over 115 tracks located on some of the most technical circuits and scenic road courses in the world. Improved physics engine and tire flex modeling in a racing "sim" that's never been easier to pick-up and play thanks to our powerful new driving assists.

These are but just a few of the new features you can look forward to with Forza 3. But we've barely even scratched the surface of what's to come. To say that this is an epic racing game would suggest you've already seen a game similar in scope, features, and elegance like Forza 3 and I'm willing to wager you haven't. There simply hasn't ever been a game as complete as Forza 3 and until we hit our shelf date, there won't be a racing game on the market that even comes close.

Seeing as this is the first official Forza Pitpass Report of a new age, and the fact that there's a little trade show by the name of E3 happening just outside my window here in Los Angeles, we have a lot of ground to cover here so I'm going to go right into specifics. Also, please pardon my bullishness about Forza 3 -- it is honestly a direct result of being excited for a game I can't wait to experience from beginning to end in its polished, finished, state. Honest.
So in no special order of importance, here's a bit more detail on the following:

The new Forzamotorsport.net and the Forza Pitpass Report. For those of you who are new to FM.net, welcome! My name is Che Chou (aka chespace), community guy for Turn 10 and I run this site with fellow community teamsters Landin Williams and Phred Howell. If you should have any questions or concerns, please email us at forzafb@microsoft.com. If you're an old hand at FM.net and the Forza community, you'll have noticed that we now have a spankin' new site. Hopefully, the layout and navigation is pretty self-explanatory. As an ever-evolving franchise site, nearly all of Forzamotorsport.net is focused on our latest and greatest; if you're looking for Forza 2 info and online features, we've dedicated a section to Forza 2 with links to the web Auction House, your stats and photos, and the scoreboards.

As for this Forza Pitpass Report that you're currently reading -- this is the space you want to keep an eye on for all the future announcements and details we'll be divulging from now until the day Forza 3 releases, and beyond when we've moved onto DLC. If you're interested in Turn 10 shenanigans and what we do when we're not crunching on trying to finish a game, keep up with us on our blog. If you prefer the new-fangled Twitterverse, you can follow our blood, sweat, and tears at http://twitter.com/turn10studios/.

E3 2009 - aka the Electronic Entertainment Expo. Forza 2 made its debut at E3 2006 so it should come as no surprise to anyone that we decided to unveil Forza 3 in the same manner. Except, instead of showing just a teaser trailer, we're going big at E3 this year. Some of you may have been watching the Microsoft E3 keynote presentation and caught a glimpse of Turn 10 game director Dan Greenawalt up on stage doing a demo of Forza 3. We've also got quite an expansive footprint on the E3 show floor at the Microsoft booth, including two massive triple-screen simulator pods powered by a hydraulic system wired up to our physics engine, providing for a Forza 3 experience you simply can't experience anywhere else.

Then there are, of course, normal kiosks for show goers to get hands-on with Forza 3, as well as a couple standard non-hydraulic triple-screen racing seats. Yup, we pulled out all the stops in terms of hardware for this show. As for Turn 10, all week long we'll be working the show floor, manning demo units while Dan and I will be meeting with an endless stream of games press and journalists to do deeper behind-closed-doors demos and interviews. On Tuesday evening, Turn 10 is also throwing a Forza 3 announcement party for auto enthusiasts, Forza community folks, and a handful of celebs who want to swing by and be the first to play Forza 3. All in all, it's whirlwind, heat, and flash this week at E3 as we kickoff our countdown to release. Be sure to check back here on Forzamotorsport.net all week long as we release exclusive screenshots, our special E3 podcast episode, and updates from the show on the official Turn 10 Blog.

Forza 3 Screenshots and Videos. We released a generous helping of Forza Motorsport 3 screenshots and videos this week. If you haven't seen them yet, go check 'em out in our Media Gallery. There are some things you should know about these screenshots. First of all, at Turn 10, we don't bullshot -- which means everything you see here is real-time taken from in-game gameplay. The E3 batch was taken back in early May, and given how the development process works, the game is improving just about daily, so the bottomline is that these screenshots are from a work-in-progress. Naturally, the game will actually look better by the time it comes out later this fall. The reason why you might have mistaken these screenshots as faked, touched-up, or embellished art is because Forza 3 is an exceedingly gorgeous game.

There's really no bigger graphics junkie than myself at Turn 10 and I'm constantly surprised by just how insanely next generation the game looks from a visual standpoint. Not only have the cars themselves gotten much more detailed, our 100+ tracks in the game provide some truly inspired locales to fuel your car passion. Much of the leap in graphical fidelity with Forza 3 was made possible by our game engine developers, whom, in the early days (think summer of 2007) set out to rebuild a new renderer and content pipeline for Forza 3. So just like before, Forza 3 runs at a glassy smooth 60 frames-per-second, with our physics calculating underneath the hood at a much higher framerate. New shaders and tech puts the finishing touches on an already handsome Forza Motorsport 2. Likewise, with the gameplay video, everything was captured in-game with no faked CG whatsoever. At Turn 10, we don't do bullshots.

I'm going to wrap up Forza Pitpass Report #1 (I hit the reset button -- see how that works?) now and get back to the grind at E3 before returning back to Seattle. Enjoy the new site, our new and official Forza 3 forum, as well as all the new screenshots of the game. Check back often as we plan to update y'all on how Forza 3 is shaping up each week from here until release. Thanks for visiting Forzamotorsport.net and I'll talk to you soon. Real soon.

Che Chou
Community Manager
Turn 10 Studios

Also.
Quote from Turn 10 News page :Audi and Xbox 360 join forces for the highly anticipated debut of Forza Motorsport 3!

Landin Williams, 6.1.2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE //

(LOS ANGELES, CA) - June 1, 2009 – The hottest name in racing games and the world’s most progressive maker of sporty luxury cars announced they have forged a partnership centering on the highly-anticipated debuts of the 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro and Xbox 360’s “Forza Motorsport 3” later this year.

The announcement came today as part of the Xbox 360 keynote presentation at the 2009 E3 Expo, the world’s largest trade show dedicated exclusively to the interactive entertainment industry. www.audiusanews.com, www.forza.xbox.com

“Forza Motorsport” has been at the pinnacle of racing video games since its arrival on the scene in 2005. When “Forza Motorsport 3” hits the market in late October, it will set a new standard for the modern racing game. Featuring the Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro prominently on the cover as its “hero” car, the creators of “Forza Motorsport 3” have worked closely with Audi engineers to model the R8 V10 to an intricate degree. Important, but often overlooked aspects of motorsport, details such as gear ratios, tire deformation, and track telemetry are tightly integrated throughout the entire game making it the most exhilarating experience you can have off the track. The new game will also feature exceptionally realistic renderings of race courses that Audi has dominated in recent years, including home of the 12 Hours of Sebring and several others that will be revealed in the months leading up to the game’s Fall release. Best of all, “Forza Motorsport 3” allows participants to experience the thrill of taking the checkered flag right from the starting line, with the help of driving assists, training modes and a forgiving game rewind feature that ensures a great experience for car fans of all ages and skill levels.

Anticipation for the 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro has been running high in advance of its arrival in showrooms in the second half of 2009. At the February 2009 Boca Raton Concours d’ Elegance charity auction, rights to own the first R8 V10 model in the U.S. sold for a record $500,000. Audi will officially announce pricing for the sports car in the months ahead. The car will stand as the new top-of-the-line model of the R8 series, which was developed jointly with quattro GmbH. Its ten-cylinder engine develops 525 hp, which is capable of delivering breathtaking performance. Audi technologies such as quattro permanent all-wheel drive, the lightweight aluminum body and the innovative all-LED lights propel the new top Audi model right to the top of its competitive field.

“What we love about the R8 is the car stands for much of what makes Forza Motorsport 3 the ultimate racing game – powerful but refined, sophisticated yet inviting, the perfect blend of design and performance,” said Dan Greenawalt, Game Director, Turn 10. “It’s that blend of design and performance that makes Audi the ideal partner for my team. It mirrors the way we approach the development of Forza.”

What made this partnership so attractive to Audi was the passion that developers of “Forza Motorsport 3” have for highly tuned automobiles.

“If you spend just a few minutes with the teams at Xbox and Turn 10 you know these are car buffs who appreciate exceptional cars,” said Scott Keogh, Chief Marketing Officer, Audi of America. “Forza Motorsport 3 exudes authenticity. Audi puts a premium on engineering excellence. The two philosophies mesh perfectly.”

The Xbox-Audi partnership extends beyond the development of the game itself to include a series of marketing and promotional activities leading up to and following the launch of the R8 V10 and the game. Among these activities:

• The R8 V10 will be a focal point at the unveiling of “Forza Motorsport 3” in the Xbox 360 press briefing and throughout the E3 Expo.

• Starting today through June 14, consumers can go to www.forzamotorsport.net/contest/ where they can enter a competition to design a skin for the R8 V10 that will become the exclusive custom downloadable car for everyone who pre-orders “Forza Motorsport 3.” Judges will select five (5) potential Finalists. From June 22nd through July 5th, fans can vote for their favorite design at www.xbox.com/forza3contest or on Xbox LIVE. All five (5) finalists will receive an Xbox 360® wireless racing wheel. Upon selecting the winner, their design will become the exclusive custom downloadable car for everyone that pre-orders the game at participating retailers.

• Xbox and Audi also announced they will host an exciting and exceptionally unique AXF-24 Audi-Forza Challenge, which will take place June 13-14 at the Audi Forum in New York City. Xbox has selected nine of its top North American Forza competitors as determined by rankings on Xbox Live to converge on New York to compete in a 24-hour endurance competition in “Forza Motorsport 3” running concurrent to the 24 Hours of Le Mans race in France. The gamers will be split into three teams of three drivers, just like Le Mans racing teams on a yet to be announced track debuting in game upon release in October. The winning team at the end of the 24 hours on Sunday morning will win an all-expenses paid trip for them and a guest to the 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans race where they will be hosted by Audi.

The 24-hour challenge is unique in the world of video game development. Rarely will a game developer put a franchise title through such a rigorous trial so far in advance of its public release. The event will be kicked off by Speed Channel host Kelli Stavast. Media and special guests will be able to take turns at the wheel of “Forza Motorsport 3.” Audi will showcase the legendary R8 and R10 Le Mans race cars and offer a variety of activities throughout the weekend for fans.
Xbox and Audi will work together on several additional upcoming cross-promotional opportunities and events, including the Audi Centennial Celebration in August and the “Forza Motorsport 3” launch in late October.

ABOUT AUDI OF AMERICA

Audi of America Inc. and its 270 dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. The Audi line up is one of the freshest in the industry with 23 models, including 12 models launched during model years 2008 and 2009. Audi is among the most successful brands globally. In selling one million vehicles worldwide in 2008, AUDI AG recorded its 13th consecutive record year for sales and profits. Visit www.audiusa.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.

ABOUT TURN 10

“Forza Motorsport 3” is piloted by Turn 10 of Microsoft Game Studios. The experienced development team, led by franchise director Dan Greenawalt, is composed of top developers, real race drivers and car collectors whose pedigrees include work on top racing franchises such as “Forza Motorsport,” “Project Gotham Racing” and “RalliSport Challenge.” In 2007, Turn 10 released its most recent title, “Forza Motorsport 2,” garnering racing game of the year awards from IGN Entertainment Inc., Yahoo! Inc., GameSpot, and the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences.

Handling doesnt look too bad, too bad the kid can't drive for shit.
Quote from masternick :looks like the steering is laggy, like he moves the wheel then it takes alittle for the car to do it

that could be a problem caused by the camera itself and not actual steering lag. my camera does the same thing when i record myself. they need to use some sort of filter.
^^ Yeah i posted that a few posts up, gonna get it

Also,

"In an interview with Joystiq, Forza Motorsport 3 content director John Wendl of Turn 10, confirmed the upcoming racer would ship on two discs. As rumors last year noted, the core game will come on the game's first disc while the second will be reserved for other content -- such as vehicles and maps. "It is going to ship on two discs," Wendl said. "Disc one is the full experience, even disc one is bigger than any other racing game out there. Disc two includes a lot of extra cars, even a handful of tracks."

When asked if the second disc would act as a data transfer, downloading the additional content to the hard drive for use with the first disc, Wendl told us that was "exactly right." While
Turn 10 assures all gamers will be able to enjoy the full Forza 3 experience, we now have confirmation that not all gamers will be able to enjoy all 400 vehicles promised at the Microsoft press briefing."

So you can save Disc 2 to HDD and use Disc 1 to play, Which is good
Well I can't. I have like 1gb left on my hard drive

That said, Forza 2's DLC, save slots, setups, car designs and records use up a massive amount of space that I can reclaim when I pick up FM3. Score!
@ Daj, you can pick up an 120gb HD from an elite for nothing. Saying that, the full elite consoles with a free game are going pretty cheap from game and what not. Treat yourself!

"experience, we now have confirmation that not all gamers will be able to enjoy all 400 vehicles promised at the Microsoft press briefing" < What exactly does that mean? Im confused as to whether that means theres not actually going to be 400 cars...or only 400 cars for certain discs sold? IDK
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :@ Daj, you can pick up an 120gb HD from an elite for nothing. Saying that, the full elite consoles with a free game are going pretty cheap from game and what not. Treat yourself!

"experience, we now have confirmation that not all gamers will be able to enjoy all 400 vehicles promised at the Microsoft press briefing" < What exactly does that mean? Im confused as to whether that means theres not actually going to be 400 cars...or only 400 cars for certain discs sold? IDK

Im pretty sure they mean that some people may not be able to use the Disc 2 which has more cars and tracks, as you have to save them to HDD and some people may not have a HDD or enough room

Everyone has 400 cars on their disc's

Some more info,

-400+ cars from 50+ manufacturers fully customizable and tunable
-100 Tracks with 115+ Track layouts
-1080p @ 60fps
-8 cars on the track
-Interior cockpit views. You can look around inside by turning your head while driving
-Cars can flip and roll over with full damage
-Tire deformation
-Weather conditions and specific time of day are set for each track but not dynamic.
-More intelligent AI.
-Will ship on 2 disks
-Australian cars including V8 Supercars.
-SUV's
-Record and share videos and pics online
-FANATEC® PORSCHE® 911 TURBO S RACING WHEEL 900* with 6 speed transmission along with clutch, brake,and gas pedals
-200 different events including Oval, drag, drifting, circuit, touge, and timed events
-Rewind feature during gameplay similar to GRID (for people new to sim games)***If this feature is used, your times will not be "certified" on the leaderboards.***
-Auto tuning feature (for people new to sim games)
-Auto braking system (for people new to sim games)
-Any assists or drafting used during races will show up on leaderboards
-10x the amount of polygons per car from Forza 2
Quote from LFSn00b :I sincerely hope they wont ruin the drifting by adding custom slidy physics in it.

And fully tunable as in adding ricer mods now or some mods that actually help aerodynamics etc.?

PS. why is your avatar turning to worse all the time, luke

LOL! thanks , I dont think they are changing the physics for game modes, they havent said so and the makers wnat the game to be a simulator, so i highly doubt it, Also the game is 1080p @ 60fps which is awesome
Quote from LFSn00b :I sincerely hope they wont ruin the drifting by adding custom slidy physics in it.

And fully tunable as in adding ricer mods now or some mods that actually help aerodynamics etc.?

It might be the same as forza 2. You can choose to add ricer bodykits on some cars (things like civics have lots of boyracer bodykits available) but for pretty much every car, there are "forza" parts available. These are proper race items like front and rear spoilers. These help with downforce and improve handling, but they can also slow the car down. The rear diffuser's aid performance though and reduce the cars overall drag co efficient.
Quote from lukelfs :Also the game is 1080p @ 60fps which is awesome

rendered in 1080p (1920x1080) or just the normal scaling the x360 does so it is rendered in 720p or what ever and then scaled so it looks better on Fullhd tvs then when the TV have to scale it?
Quote from lukelfs :LOL! thanks , I dont think they are changing the physics for game modes, they havent said so and the makers wnat the game to be a simulator, so i highly doubt it, Also the game is 1080p @ 60fps which is awesome

maybe its time for me to buy a hd tv too. i feal retarted when most of my friends have full-hd tv's

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG