The online racing simulator
All apart from the Nissan hatchback have drivers..
Quote from chanoman315 :cars rolling without drivers, nice...

Only the cars that are not moving. There may be an option to remove the driver, or maybe a photomode like in GT4.

I personally LOVE this shot. The yaris looks SO COOL! And, you can see how much the detail (especially in the wheels and tyres) have been ramped up. Awesome!

Yeah too right about the Yaris, I'm pretty sure the Yaris were Drum brakes at the back too which seems to be accurate in the picture.

Its nice to know the level of detail has been raised up so much.
damnit... to bad my parents think microsoft is evil for some reason....
For anyone interested, Turn 10 have confirmed there will be no weather or night racing in Forza 3. And no rallying.

I'm quite gutted to hear it too. I wasn't expecting dynamic changes, but I was hoping for more than just mild/midday races in this one. I guess they could still add it as DLC or something. Don't mention a rally pack!
Not overly fussed TBH, Weather doesn't really float my boat, can't think of a single game where its actually added anything to the racing experiance, rather than just lessen the grip, likewise for night racing.

Rallying, well, if I want a rally sim, I'll buy a rally sim, tarmac is where its at for me, so again, not bothered.

Tyre simulation looks very interesting in some of the latest videos, looks like someone other than the LFS devs realises the importance of proper tyre physics.
NEW PICS. Enjoy!

Look at the last pic. You can see the coilovers.

Full gallery here. CLICKY
fdfdskjgn.
Those last pics make me wanna buy a xbox, just for that game...
same goes for GT5.
I want that touareg
The paint shader in Forza have less "coated" feeling than in GT5, in GT5 you can see white edges like the effect of a clear coat, the pics above are more flat.
Half of me says "SUV's? WTF, no place in this game", the other half says, "V12 TDi?, gimme, gimmie, gimmie!!!)

Looks amazing, dare I say better than GT5p......

Can wait to embarass some people in a well tuned SUV!
Wow those pics are awesome, but still not convinced me that FM3 isn't just FM2 with shinier graphics.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Wow those pics are awesome, but still not convinced me that FM3 isn't just FM2 with shinier graphics.

With at least double the polys and incar views, plus better physics,and a proper (deformable) tyre model, its NOT FM2 with shiny graphics.
Even if it was, what's so wrong with that? The FM2 interface was clunky and the trackside was very lifeless, but other than that the driving model was great.

I've had enough with the screens now. Yeah, it looks great. Very detailed, blah blah blah. I want a complete car and track list
Why don't those monkeys make games like this on the PC?
And don't start with the stupid downloading argument...
maybe it's because it makes more sense to produce a technical driving game on a platform where everyone has an analog controller.
Quote from Bose321 :Why don't those monkeys make games like this on the PC?
And don't start with the stupid downloading argument...

Its all about unit sales.
AT SUV's in a racing game? If they are proper AT's then it'll be interesting at least.

Those car interiors look absolutely stunning *drool*.
Not so fussed about SUVs, I'd prefer an off-roader that doesn't have low-profile tyres. But of coruse they could have just been upgraded for these shots.

Just noticed though, that those screenshots are on the Maple Valley track. The reversed config of the long version of that track is one of my favourites in FM2.
So hang on a sec.... an Xbox with relatively crappy technology can have a game that looks like that but we, with kick ass PC hardware and GTX295's can't get anything even similar to that....
Quote from StableX :So hang on a sec.... an Xbox with relatively crappy technology can have a game that looks like that but we, with kick ass PC hardware and GTX295's can't get anything even similar to that....

I think it also has to do with that the consoles are made and optimized for playing games only with mo other backgrounds programs running so it performs better with less powerfull hardware.
sdfskdfihgrev that Q7 looks fooooooooooooooooooken awesome
Quote from G!NhO :I think it also has to do with that the consoles are made and optimized for playing games only with mo other backgrounds programs running so it performs better with less powerfull hardware.

What he said.

The specs of the 360 and PS3 may not be mind blowing in PC terms, but consoles dont need to have alot of small programs running in the background to keep themselves running.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :What he said.

The specs of the 360 and PS3 may not be mind blowing in PC terms, but consoles dont need to have alot of small programs running in the background to keep themselves running.

Well, more important is the fact that the games are optimized to run on that specific hardware setting/combination. On a PC you need to make compromises because there is infinite combination of different components you can find in a computer. On a console system you know it will work on any Xbox or PS3 if it works on one, and therefore it's possible to optimize the code to get the best out of the hardware.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG