The online racing simulator
Do you smoke?
(198 posts, started )

Poll : Do You Smoke

No, i dont smoke.
Yes, i smoke.
I quit smoking lately/long time ago.
Used to smoke when I younger, but not all that much. I quit permanently when I was about 17 or 18, when I started working out. I figured what's the point in working to get your body in shape when you're destroying it from the inside? Haven't smoked since.
#52 - DeKo
like a chimney.
Quote from zeugnimod :Never even tried and never will. I just don't like the thought of killing myself.

So true.
I smoke seldomly
I feel sorry for everyone who smokes, but i congratulate all of those who have managed to pull themselves through the addiction. Well done. I, personally don't smoke, and don't have a reason to so,(hopefully) i never will.
#56 - DeKo
Quote from samforey12345 :I feel sorry for everyone who smokes, but i congratulate all of those who have managed to pull themselves through the addiction. Well done. I, personally don't smoke, and don't have a reason to so,(hopefully) i never will.

why? its my choice, its everybody else who smokes choice. smokers dont need your pity, that just comes across as really condescending.
Why do people even want to smoke? It's completely beyond me.
Kids start smoking to be cool - its true. I was on a little holiday to Whitby a few months ago, there was this kid stood outside the shop I was looking in with a little fake fag - probably a bit of paper rolled up - as soon as anyone walked past he tried to look cool by pretending to be smoking it. Even when people looked at him, I went outside after seeing him through the window - looked away, then turned around and looked at him and straight away he started "smoking" this bit of paper.

Pathetic!
Quote from DeKo :why? its my choice, its everybody else who smokes choice. smokers dont need your pity, that just comes across as really condescending.

1) If you know it's killing you then why are you doing it?
2) It's a shame to see people dying because of it.
3) I, personally don't see the need for it, so i am assuming you have personal issues, and that's what i pity.

I find smokers quite annoying actually as all it's doing is wasting life-time, costing the government (Yes, they tax it, but in the end they have to pay for it because of all the casualties that smoking causes hospitals, health care, whatever.), and, polluting public areas.
Quote from batteryy :just curious, you people who smoke. do you think it tastes like crap too? or does it taste good4u

It tastes like crap, but feels good4u.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :No, not sarcasm at all. That's true, especially here where I live. When I go to get drunk with my friends, we visit some pubs and we can see lots of 13-14 years old KIDS sitting in there, smoking and drinking. The situation is the same in discos too. They think they're cool and trendy, but they aren't...

toki that is such an ignorant thing too say. people only smoke to look cool? the only reason u made that post is to look cool.? correct?. alot of people start smoking threw peer presure. everyone around me smoked, and i thought that if i didnt, i would look.. shit? i didnt have many firnds at that stage, so i did all i could. think deeper before u make meaningless posts.

Quote from mcintyrej :Kids start smoking to be cool - its true. I was on a little holiday to Whitby a few months ago, there was this kid stood outside the shop I was looking in with a little fake fag - probably a bit of paper rolled up - as soon as anyone walked past he tried to look cool by pretending to be smoking it. Even when people looked at him, I went outside after seeing him through the window - looked away, then turned around and looked at him and straight away he started "smoking" this bit of paper.

Pathetic!

MASSIVE generalisation, because u saw 1 litle kid pretending to smoke a bit of paper, that makes everyone that smokes, a tryhard. everyone does it to look cool because of that little child is what ur saying?

you sir are pathetic.

/ramble
#63 - DeKo
Quote from samforey12345 :1) If you know it's killing you then why are you doing it?
2) It's a shame to see people dying because of it.
3) I, personally don't see the need for it, so i am assuming you have personal issues, and that's what i pity.

I find smokers quite annoying actually as all it's doing is wasting life-time, costing the government (Yes, they tax it, but in the end they have to pay for it because of all the casualties that smoking causes hospitals, health care, whatever.), and, polluting public areas.

we pay enough tax anyway, the cost isnt an issue. i do it because i like smoking, i like how it relaxes me and gives me a hit every time i smoke a fag when i wake up.

its a shame to see people dying of it, yes, but its their choice. do you drink? plenty of people die of drinking related problems, yet i dont see you getting up on your high horse for that.

i didnt start smoking through peer pressure, or to look cool or anything ridiculous like that. i know for a fact smoking isnt cool, look at the ridicule smokers are getting when they admit to it on here. i just started smoking one day and liked it, and kept doing it. fair enough itll cut a few years off my life, but those few years will be a pish stained horrible existance anyway
started when i was like... 10/11... was smoking 40 a day upto about november when i started cutting back... down to 20ish... slowly but surely...
Quote from DeKo :we pay enough tax anyway, the cost isnt an issue. i do it because i like smoking, i like how it relaxes me and gives me a hit every time i smoke a fag when i wake up.

its a shame to see people dying of it, yes, but its their choice. do you drink? plenty of people die of drinking related problems, yet i dont see you getting up on your high horse for that.

i didnt start smoking through peer pressure, or to look cool or anything ridiculous like that. i know for a fact smoking isnt cool, look at the ridicule smokers are getting when they admit to it on here. i just started smoking one day and liked it, and kept doing it. fair enough itll cut a few years off my life, but those few years will be a pish stained horrible existance anyway

Don't wish to seem like I'm nagging you, but you know you could get most likely the same 'kick' (which is just Nicotine) from a gum or patch combination? That way, if it's the Nicotine you're addicted to, you can still get 'high' but you won't be killing yourself at the same time.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Don't wish to seem like I'm nagging you, but you know you could get most likely the same 'kick' (which is just Nicotine) from a gum or patch combination? That way, if it's the Nicotine you're addicted to, you can still get 'high' but you won't be killing yourself at the same time.

Get the same "kick" from a patch?? You ARE joking of course, because you most certainly are NOT talking from experience, whereas I am!
When I have had to make a long-haul flight, the thought of 8 hours without a smoke terrified me, so somebody suggested I use a patch or chew some nicotine gum..Neither worked

As for patches, have you ever tried getting the buggers to stay alight???
don't smoke - never will. Horrible, horrible habit. My mum smokes, and is way past the point of being able to give up. My dad used to smoke until he was 20-something and he gave up
#68 - aoun
I smoke a pack of 25 or more a day. I smoked winfield/marlboro reds (16mg) for 2 years straight everyday more then a pack and for the last year ive been smoking 20-22mg camels or lucky strikes and white ox which is 32mg. I chain smoke alot too, normally 3-4 in a go or if im abit stressed out, 7-10 or more. When i get upset ill end up chain smoking a whole pack.

Ill tell ya, chain smoking white ox even just 3 or 4 will knock you out with a migrain.

Last two weeks ive really cut down though, im having almost/under a pack a day. Really proud of myself there.

The facts are pretty discusting when you think about it. 25 smokes minimum a day = 9125 ciggarettes a year. 146,000mg of tar a year from winfield/marlboro reds in my system. Messed up ay?
Quote from samforey12345 :

I find smokers quite annoying actually as all it's doing is wasting life-time, costing the government.

Wrong way round.

Tax from fags = 8.1 Billion (Politics.co.uk)
NHS spending on cigarette related illness = 1.7 Billion (money.msn.co.uk)
Quote from aoun :I smoke a pack of 25 or more a day. I smoked winfield/marlboro reds (16mg) for 2 years straight everyday more then a pack and for the last year ive been smoking 20-22mg camels or lucky strikes and white ox which is 32mg. I chain smoke alot too, normally 3-4 in a go or if im abit stressed out, 7-10 or more. When i get upset ill end up chain smoking a whole pack.

Ill tell ya, chain smoking white ox even just 3 or 4 will knock you out with a migrain.

Last two weeks ive really cut down though, im having almost/under a pack a day. Really proud of myself there.

The facts are pretty discusting when you think about it. 25 smokes minimum a day = 9125 ciggarettes a year. 146,000mg of tar a year from winfield/marlboro reds in my system. Messed up ay?

you need a new fix.... a new... healthy drug...

i found theirs nothing as a good as a good work out... or Sex... but a workouts cheaper... though i smoke... its a contradiction i know... Meh... im Trying atleast
#71 - aoun
Im pretty fit though, im 80kg/6ft 1/18 years old. But still, tiny pain just breathing, pain when i cough or sneeze etc, strong pain when ive done a ton of work out or activity. Wake up with pain and alot of flem. I regret taking up smoking, thats for sure.
Quote from Bean0 :Wrong way round.

Tax from fags = 8.1 Billion (Politics.co.uk)
NHS spending on cigarette related illness = 1.7 Billion (money.msn.co.uk)

Really? Proper facts? Then i will stand down, thanks for the info.

Quote from DeKo :

Well this is what i pity really, if nothing else can give you that pleasure, so it's ended up having to find something else which actually kills you, is upsetting to me.
Quote from amp88 :... It's not always addictive despite what some people say.

Actually its true, you wont get addicted in first weeks/months. I realized in half year or more - that im addicted (means that i couldnt be without it)
Quote from Bladerunner :FORTY F***ING YEARS OF F***ING FAGS!!!!

Work THAT out on a calculator and you will see that I have spent enough to buy 2 Ferrari's AND an Aston Martin!!!

Of course that's not taking into account insureance costs and car tax, right?
I smoke, but not much.
Swedish tobacco Snus is the shit! :P

Do you smoke?
(198 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG