The online racing simulator
Do you smoke?
(198 posts, started )

Poll : Do You Smoke

No, i dont smoke.
Yes, i smoke.
I quit smoking lately/long time ago.
Quote from mrodgers :
Haven't we already had this argument on this forum? Perhaps it was another forum, the ignorant comments of the non-smokers all end up the same.

I think it was in the thread where I declared I was... er... giving up smoking.

I did try. I need to try again soon.
Quote from mrodgers :

Trying to quit using tobacco products is comparable to a smoker telling you that you should just quit breathing.

i disagree...
breathing is vital for living and smoking is not... i can't by any means quit breathing though i have quitted smoking, one of the most common reasons why people can't quit besides addiction is habbit, when you are used to do something 20 times a day (for many years) then it is hard to not to do so suddenly, that was most difficult issue for me.
weed

never smoked a cig and never will
Quote from mrodgers :People who don't smoke, could you just shut up already. You have no idea what you are talking about when you start to criticize and ridicule people who smoke.

Nicotine is a physical addiction. A PHYSICAL addiction!! The brain secretes a morphine chemical to balance nervousness and the addiction is when the brain quits secreting this chemical and the nicotine is substituted.

When one quits tobacco (not just smoking, include all tobacco products) the brain has to learn to produce and secrete this chemical all over again. This is why people say, "I feel like I could kill someone if I don't have a smoke."

Trying to quit using tobacco products is comparable to a smoker telling you that you should just quit breathing. You can not just quit breathing. Try it now. Hold your breath as long as you can. I bet you can't even hold your breath long enough to pass out. You will breath far before you get to that point.

Telling someone to "just quit" smoking is like telling someone with allergies, "just quit sneezing already".

Yes, you can overcome the addiction to nicotine. Millions of people have done it. It is VERY difficult. Nicotine is the most addictive drug you can get. If you don't smoke or have never smoked (I don't count kids trying it for just once or twice) then you just need to shut your trap in this thread unless you are only stating you don't smoke per the OP question. You have no idea what it is like and what effects it has.

My heart goes out to all who attempt to rid themselves of the nicotine poison. My congratulations goes out for all who has conquered the addiction.

Disclaimer: This post was written by someone addicted to nicotine by other sources. The author of this post does not smoke. The author of this post also understands the ramifications of his nicotine addiction and does not need a holier than thou opinion by the ignorant. Thank you very much, there's the door.

Haven't we already had this argument on this forum? Perhaps it was another forum, the ignorant comments of the non-smokers all end up the same.

Well, TOO BAD, BUHUUUU! I am really feeling sad for the ones trapped in the "smoke hell" .. NOT!
They started to smoke, even if they in the start did not like it, it's their own bloody fault. And when they canot manage to quit they start whining for their own missery themself created.
I don't care when people smoking (tho you are not smoking) says it's hard quitting, they started smoking, now they are going to take responsibility for it.

Hell, most of us has tried smoking a time, two or three, but did not enjoy it, therfor we did not smoke. Too bad some people continued smoking til they eventually got addicted. If it's group pressure or not, well could be much, aswell as the ones that started smoking back in times when there was no warnings for it, they are not aimed here, but I still point and laught at the ones that have forced themself to smoke and ignoring the warnings - then come crying because they canot quit.

We canot start blaming others for our mistakes.

Yes, I am beeing a bastard here, I have no problem admiting that, but I am not going to have pity for people that causes their own missery.

Have equipted my flamesuit, but I still rest my case.
Quote from The Very End :Well, TOO BAD, BUHUUUU! I am really feeling sad for the ones trapped in the "smoke hell" .. NOT!
They started to smoke, even if they in the start did not like it, it's their own bloody fault. And when they canot manage to quit they start whining for their own missery themself created.
I don't care when people smoking (tho you are not smoking) says it's hard quitting, they started smoking, now they are going to take responsibility for it.

Hell, most of us has tried smoking a time, two or three, but did not enjoy it, therfor we did not smoke. Too bad some people continued smoking til they eventually got addicted. If it's group pressure or not, well could be much, aswell as the ones that started smoking back in times when there was no warnings for it, they are not aimed here, but I still point and laught at the ones that have forced themself to smoke - then come crying because they canot quit.

Yes, I am beeing a bastard here, I have no problem admiting that, but I am not going to have pity for people that causes their own missery.

I agree with you TVE.
i used to about 2 years ago , nothing heavy though maybe 1 or 2 a day , but not anymore , i stopped on Ny day 2008
Quote from The Very End :Well, TOO BAD, BUHUUUU! I am really feeling sad for the ones trapped in the "smoke hell" .. NOT!

Hell, most of us has tried smoking a time, two or three, but did not enjoy it, therfor we did not smoke. Too bad some people continued smoking til they eventually got addicted. If it's group pressure or not, well could be much, aswell as the ones that started smoking back in times when there was no warnings for it, they are not aimed here, but I still point and laught at the ones that have forced themself to smoke and ignoring the warnings - then come crying because they canot quit.

Have equipted my flamesuit, but I still rest my case.

He wasnt whining about smoking, nor did he ask for your pity, you tool. He was saying (to sum it up) those who do not smoke have no idea what it is like to fight/quit the habit.

I havent seen anyone who is "crying" because they cant quit. There is a difference between "crying" because you cant quit and understanding how hard it is to do so.

Moron.
Why do smokers defend smoking when they know that it is bad for them and other people. It's like murdering someone and saying that it's less damage to the person than if you raped or mutilated them. There is no excuse.
Tommy defended me rather than ripping on me! I'm flattered! Shocked more like it! Hehehe

No one is defending smoking, sheesh. Well, OK there are a few that has defended their opinion on their act of smoking. Not the same thing. Most are discussing smoking and how difficult it is to quit while you lot that have no idea what you are talking about are flaming those people.
Quote from BlueFlame :Why do smokers defend smoking when they know that it is bad for them and other people. It's like murdering someone and saying that it's less damage to the person than if you raped or mutilated them. There is no excuse.

If you dont like smoking, stay inside. If you cant stay inside, than contact your local government and try to get it made illegal. Until then, stay out of places that allow smoking, thats not too hard.

Im going to assume that you dont use electricity either? Or drive a car? Or use a cell phone? Or use toliet paper? All of which are harmful to you and your environment.

I couldnt give a rats ass what you think of me or any other smoker. When you start paying my bills and signing my paycheck, I'll start giving a shit about your opinion of my habit. That may sound harsh, but I have no patience for people with the "holier-than-thou" attitude.

Im not defending smoking. I understand the risk I take by smoking. I go to great lengths to make sure that when I do smoke Im not bothering anybody. I pay good money to live in the home that I live in, but I rarely smoke a cigarette inside. (I may do it if the child is away or something)Why?, because my children and pets do not smoke. When I am at work, I go outside on the warehouse loading dock (Im not required to, FTR).

Smoking is a nasty habit that I wish I wouldve never started.

Quote from mrodgers :Tommy defended me rather than ripping on me! I'm flattered! Shocked more like it! Hehehe

Im just buttering you up for when I ask you to leave your current Trukz company. :P
Again, stop relating smoking, to OTHER harmful things. It's not about the environment for me anyway but you can' just go around justifying something you do that damages your health and maintain that other things damage it too anyway. It's not an excuse. It's like I said before, if I killed someone and then said I ended their miserable life it still doesn't make it right does it? I can't maintain that he was 70 and was going to die anyway because that won't hold up in court.
Quote from th84 :
Im going to assume that you dont use electricity either? Or drive a car? Or use a cell phone? Or use toliet paper? All of which are harmful to you and your environment.

These examples are a load of shit. Most of those examples, IE electricity, is basicly a necesity for a modern day house to live and run.
So basicly, poor examples. Cough up some which i can say, "Right i'll stand down as this example isn't a load of crap."

Quote from th84 :If you dont like smoking, stay inside. If you cant stay inside, than contact your local government and try to get it made illegal. Until then, stay out of places that allow smoking, thats not too hard.

Do you know how freaking selfish you sound there? It made me feel sick. But you're just another one of those idiots who don't consider and considerate things for other people.

EDIT: Bluefire, i agree with most of your posts here in this thread. Nice.
Thats the thing, Im not trying to justify my habit. I dont have to justify anything to you or anyone else.

Quote :Do you know how freaking selfish you sound there? It made me feel sick. But you're just another one of those idiots who don't consider and considerate things for other people.

Yes, actually I do. That was my point.

Electricity (or anything else I mentioned) is not a 'necesity', there are plenty of people that live normal, happy lives without it.

Your opinion of me means nothing. You can call me whatever you'd like, it wont make any difference to me. You dont know me, you have no idea of how considerate I am about other people. If smoking alone makes me incosiderate of other people, so be it. I think you would find that if you asked people that actually knew me, you would find something quite different.

You think Im an idiot, Im fine with that. It wont change a thing.
Quote from th84 :Until then, stay out of places that allow smoking, thats not too hard.

What, almost all of the outside world? Yes, easily avoided. :|

Personally, I have no problem with people that smoke, so long as they're not blowing it in my face. The only time smokers annoy me is, when I go to the nice smoke free pubs we now have over here, I have to dash through a cloud of smoke thanks to the smokers hanging around the pub door (admittedly many people do move further from the door, so I'm not accusing all smokers of doing this).

Quote from thisnameistaken :No offense Bob but you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm not trying to be condescending, just giving an example of someone close to me giving up, what I remember of her habits, and what seemed to help her. No doubt such things are quite person specific though.

Quote from mrodgers :You have no idea what it is like and what effects it has.

Very much granted. I'm not going to remind you it's unhleathy or tell you to stop, it's your own decision, presumably you enjoy doing it, and that's just fine by me.

Quote from mrodgers :Nicotine is a physical addiction.

Maybe so, and any feelings and emotions that result from starting to quit are no doubt very much real and difficult to deal with, but there's no way you can put that in the same league as drugs where you have to be weaned off else you'll die, or lose functionality of your body. So I'm still not convinced that, essentially, it's not all a matter of willpower.

Quote from mrodgers :Telling someone to "just quit" smoking is like telling someone with allergies, "just quit sneezing already".

Nicotine is the most addictive drug you can get.

These two points, however, I'm not willing to accept. I won't debating the first point as it's clearly not a reasonable comparison, but I would be genuinely interested to see any literature stating that nicotine is the most addictive drug. Perhaps it depends on your definition of "you can get", as I'd agree it's more addiciting than alcohol.
Quote from Bob Smith :What, almost all of the outside world? Yes, easily avoided. :|

Ok, maybe that was a bit of a stretch.
Do put tobacco with ur weed?
Quote from nismoCat :Do put tobacco with ur weed?

Why would you do that? That would just ruin the reefer.
That's the thing about pubs now-a-days Bob, in the day you used to go IN to the pub to find trouble, now all you have to do is walk by.
Agree, i also heard something from news that some kind of other drugs are allowed to use in pubs. But only if you got the reciept or something (Dont know the correct word).
Quote from Bob Smith :....but I would be genuinely interested to see any literature stating that nicotine is the most addictive drug. Perhaps it depends on your definition of "you can get", as I'd agree it's more addiciting than alcohol.

For you Bob. They are just a few from the first page of links in Google....

" target="_blank">http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/Library/basicfax5.htm
HENNINGFIELD RATINGS
Substance Withdrawal Reinforcement Tolerance Dependence Intoxication
Nicotine 3 4 2 1 5
Heroin 2 2 1 2 2
Cocaine 4 1 4 3 3
Alcohol 1 3 3 4 1
Caffeine 5 6 5 5 6
Marijuana 6 5 6 6 4

BENOWITZ RATINGS
Substance Withdrawal Reinforcement Tolerance Dependence Intoxication
Nicotine 3* 4 4 1 6
Heroin 2 2 2 2 2
Cocaine 3* 1 1 3 3
Alcohol 1 3 4 4 1
Caffeine 4 5 3 5 5
Marijuana 5 6 5 6 4

http://www.drugrehabtreatment.com/most-addictive-drugs.html
Based on the level of dependence, the most common measure for determining the addictiveness of a drug, the substances ranked as follows, from most to least addictive:
  1. Nicotine
  2. Heroin
  3. Cocaine
  4. Alcohol
  5. Caffeine
  6. Marijuana
http://www.michaelshouse.com/drug-addiction/most-addictive-drugs-world.html

The most addictive drugs

#1 Nicotine. Although studies vary, it is generally believed that over 30% of those individuals who use nicotine for a period of time become addicted. That is a high number considering the availability of the product, the manner in which it is marketed towards young people, and the deadly consequences of a lifetime of use.
#2 Caffeine. Perhaps another shocker for some, Caffeine ranks high on the list, with almost 30% of casual users becoming addicted. This stimulant is found is so many things we consume every day that you have to look hard to find a product without it.
#3 Heroin. Now, an illegal drug makes its first appearance on the list. Although one-hundred years ago Heroin was used for a variety of medicinal purposes, the medical community soon realized that people were becoming addicted in record numbers. The drug was taken off of the market, but illicit use remains rampant to this day – destroying lives of those from all walks of life, all over the world. 25% of those who use Heroin for a period of time become addicted to the drug.
#4 Cocaine. Another drug that costs families, and our society as a whole, cocaine is a heavily habit forming drug. While it does enter the list as slightly less addictive that Nicotine and Caffeine, the effects of Cocaine's (and heroin's) use are far more serious. Drug rehab programs list cocaine as one of the top addictions they face daily.
#5 Alcohol. The legalized drug with potentially devastating consequences, alcohol reduces the ability of your brain to function properly. Addictive for 15% of those who use it regularly, alcohol is especially problematic for young people, where binge drinking and dangerous alcohol-related activities are prevalent.

...New York is a funny place to be as a smoker;

Walking down the street you can spot from twenty paces the OTT nutjob pacing out an exclusion zone between you and him/her on the sidewalk, funny people over there, all about extreems that funny ol' place.
Quote from CSU1 :...New York is a funny place to be as a smoker;

Walking down the street you can spot from twenty paces the OTT nutjob pacing out an exclusion zone between you and him/her on the sidewalk, funny people over there, all about extreems that funny ol' place.

I find your post utterly confusing.
Quote from BlueFlame :I find your post utterly confusing.

New York bir komik bir yerde'da olmak, halkta konusunda ihtiyatlı ikinci el duman, Yürüyüş ise sokak görebilirsiniz dolaşan onların çevresinde bugüne kadar sana geçme duman , New York bütün extreems hakkında

Bir Günü salı günü BEN gibi kokusunu mor balık
-
(BlueFlame) DELETED by BlueFlame
I understand and your right about that.

I only smoke pot on "special occasions"

Do you smoke?
(198 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG