The online racing simulator
Do you smoke?
(198 posts, started )

Poll : Do You Smoke

No, i dont smoke.
Yes, i smoke.
I quit smoking lately/long time ago.
yes i smoke. im 17 and i started about a year and a half ago.

Just recently iv been trying weed..... love it

never thought about quiting as i cant go through a day without feeling the need to smoke.
4-5 years now.
i smoked 7 years, quitted few months ago...started when i was 16. Feels alot better atm without smoke...though i do put it on when i'm under influence of alcohol...otherwise i don't smoke anymore
Quote from hazaky :I totally agree, i have tryed to quit it few times. Damn, cant do it

I tried several times too. I manage about a week usually, then feel like i have got the flu or a chest infection or something, which i guess is the toxins leaving the body slowly.

Then when i finally crack and have a cig again, i feel better within a day or so.
"Just recently iv been trying weed..... love it "

Thats defiently not good :P
Anyway, I have tried it when i was about 8 or 9 but i gave up straight after that, now i like my uncle hubba bubba pipe he got from eygpt its just great!
Well, for starters, yes i do smoke. Have been for 9 years now. Anyone who's interested how old i was when i started, can check my profile. Don't really care what you say. I am not proud of it nor am i ashamed of it. The reason I'm posting is as follows. Those of you slagging us lot off, because "we pay for cancer" or "just kill ourselves". Well think twice because you can get cancer when you don't smoke, and what are you going to blame it on then? The world? And those of you saying that we kill ourselves. Please, we know what we're dealing with, and thanks to that we know what can happen to us when we continue smoking. I might even say that smoking has kept me more alive than not smoking will ever do. Thanks to smoking my thinking has changed, a lot, i write better. OK, maybe smoking has limited me in some ways, for example, when i was youunger I had to hide from everyone that i smoked, because where i live, it's not considered 'cool'. Never has been, and probably never will be. I started smoking because both my parents did, and i was a passive smoker since my birth. Don't regret starting at all.

For those of you who have quit smoking. I believe you had a good reason. The only reason i see myself quitting is when i manage, somehow, produce offspring. That's the only reason, then, when i do die from cancer, or any other shit, I can say: "At least I tried."

For those of you who have never tried, damn i feel sorry for you, at least try, to see what shit we go through ~20 times per day.

For those of you who hate us, smokers. I hate you back, for now.

And here's why i smoke, i like to have a moment for myself, just leave this world behind for a moment and think about things. The time spent smoking is perfectly the time i need. If i find something that works the same way a cigarette does, i will quit. By that i mean the process of setting the smoke alight and in the end putting it out. I don't mean the kick i get from it, couldn't care less for it.

In the end, we can all choose how we want to live. Non smokers-please, let us, smokers, live with ourselves, avoid us if you need to. And i promise we will respect your wishes as well.

Just my 2 cents. Have a nice life.
Smoking is the only thing that adversely affects other people around you. You smoke as you are walking down the street, other people have to breath your smoke which could lead to non-smokers getting some of the health problems that a smoker would get....

You could argue that drunks have the same impact, but it's not like I haven't walked past a drunk person without not being attacked. On the other hand, it's almost impossible for me to walk behind, or past a person smoking (or a group smoking, for that matter) without me smelling it. Being slightly asthmatic doesn't help either.. :o
S14, The way I look at it is the same way you look at (IIRC) illegal drugs/alcohol. Nicotine is not illegal, so I would tell you that if you dont want to smell my cigarette smoke, then keep your ass indoors.
Not smoking yet.

But if life goes on like that with school and other stuff, i may beginn with weed....
Quote from th84 :S14, The way I look at it is the same way you look at (IIRC) illegal drugs/alcohol. Nicotine is not illegal, so I would tell you that if you dont want to smell my cigarette smoke, then keep your ass indoors.

It's just that at the end of the day, people who smoke don't think it's adversely effecting their health... mainly because they are too ignorant to see it. If they can't see that, at least the ability to see what it could do to others..

But I can't keep my ass indoors, my Mom smokes. :hide:
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Smoking is the only thing that adversely affects other people around you. You smoke as you are walking down the street, other people have to breath your smoke which could lead to non-smokers getting some of the health problems that a smoker would get....

What about driving? I have to breathe in crap from other peoples' exhausts every day.
Quote from Dudley-do-Right :It's just that at the end of the day, people who smoke don't think it's adversely effecting their health... mainly because they are too ignorant to see it. If they can't see that, at least the ability to see what it could do to others..

Do you really think that smokers dont know how it affects their health? Please tell me you dont really believe that!!

Quote :But I can't keep my ass indoors, my Mom smokes.

So, your mom is ignorant? Does she not know the risks to her health she is taking by smoking? She must not care too much for you if she is risking your life by smoking in your home...

The more you post, the more I think that YOU are the ignorant one.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Smoking is the only thing that adversely affects other people around you. You smoke as you are walking down the street, other people have to breath your smoke which could lead to non-smokers getting some of the health problems that a smoker would get....

You could argue that drunks have the same impact, but it's not like I haven't walked past a drunk person without not being attacked. On the other hand, it's almost impossible for me to walk behind, or past a person smoking (or a group smoking, for that matter) without me smelling it. Being slightly asthmatic doesn't help either.. :o

If, you're that paranoid, get a gas mask. Seriously.
Quote from thisnameistaken :What about driving? I have to breathe in crap from other peoples' exhausts every day.

Slightly different there... for one I don't find myself smelling exhaust smoke of most cars and having to move elsewhere to get fresh air!

Taavi I am not paranoid so don't be silly, ta!

Quote from th84 :Do you really think that smokers dont know how it affects their health? Please tell me you dont really believe that!!

So, your mom is ignorant? Does she not know the risks to her health she is taking by smoking? She must not care too much for you if she is risking your life by smoking in your home...

The more you post, the more I think that YOU are the ignorant one.

Ignorance is bliss. There are plenty of smokers who say "well I'm healthy blah blah", how they can still run a marathon and feel mighty fine, even though they smoke 20 a day!

And my Mom is whatever you want to call her (not like I'm a big fan of her, so rip her all you like!)

She even thinks smoking is not harmful to her health. "My sister (or whatever it was) lived to 93 and she was a regular smoker blah blah blah".

Some people never change, do they?
I left that habbit months ago i don't care if there are smokers around or not...though it might get disturbing over a time...and actually believe it or not i do feel better thanks to that, had no idea that life could be that smelly my wierd chestpain is also gone wich bothered me almost a year.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

It's just that at the end of the day, people who smoke don't think it's adversely effecting their health... mainly because they are too ignorant to see it. If they can't see that, at least the ability to see what it could do to others..

But I can't keep my ass indoors, my Mom smokes. :hide:

of course i know its affecting my health, but i couldnt give a shit. Drinking and all the drugs i take are affecting me more, smoking a fag seems tame in comparison.
A small amount of alcohol is actually beneficial. Drugs, prescribed ones at least (taken for a genuine reason), again, probably beneficial.

A pint of Lager an evening won't do you any serious damage. If you go out and get hammered every weekend, then yeah it would.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/hea ... ice/facts/smokehealth.htm

Some info on that website makes for interesting reading - If you do think it's 'tame' then I'd suggest you to read that and rethink. But then as you say it's your life, although my post wasn't refering directly to you.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :A small amount of alcohol is actually beneficial. Drugs, prescribed ones at least (taken for a genuine reason), again, probably beneficial.

A pint of Lager an evening won't do you any serious damage. If you go out and get hammered every weekend, then yeah it would.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/hea ... ice/facts/smokehealth.htm

Some info on that website makes for interesting reading - If you do think it's 'tame' then I'd suggest you to read that and rethink. But then as you say it's your life, although my post wasn't refering directly to you.

You know i wasnt talking about 1 pint or a paracetemol.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't want to just smoke forever, that would be wrong. But bloody hell it's hard to stop.

It's just a case of mental determination, although lifestyle change can help too. Moving out of a stressfull environment might mean you don't need that relaxing feeling so often, or can get it sufficiently through other means.

For example, my mum smoked from her teens up until she retired in her fifties. Then she just stopped. Now admitedly she was never a heavy smoker, never smoked while pregnant, and even stopped smoking for a week at a time whenever we went on a family holiday, but point being I don't recall any troubles over it. Not that she would have talked about such things anyway, but from what I've seen, if you really want to stop, it's just willpower you need.
I agree 100% bob, it is willpower alone, and i like to think i have quite a bit of it, however, i usually end up feeling that i could kill anyone and anything in a 10 mile radius if i havent smoked for a few days, plus it makes me feel really rough if i try and stop, like i have a really bad cold, as i get a chesty cough and just feel bad in general but as soon as i smoke again i feel less ill, and within a day or two, the horrible hacking cough has gone as well, which is very strange.

I guess i need to just keep on trying.
Smoke what?
Quote from Bob Smith :It's just a case of mental determination, although lifestyle change can help too. Moving out of a stressfull environment ...

Thanks for the advice, Bob. When did you give up smoking, and how long were you a smoker for?

Quote from Bob Smith :from what I've seen, if you really want to stop, it's just willpower you need.

Ah.

No offense Bob but you don't know what you're talking about.
People who don't smoke, could you just shut up already. You have no idea what you are talking about when you start to criticize and ridicule people who smoke.

Nicotine is a physical addiction. A PHYSICAL addiction!! The brain secretes a morphine chemical to balance nervousness and the addiction is when the brain quits secreting this chemical and the nicotine is substituted.

When one quits tobacco (not just smoking, include all tobacco products) the brain has to learn to produce and secrete this chemical all over again. This is why people say, "I feel like I could kill someone if I don't have a smoke."

Trying to quit using tobacco products is comparable to a smoker telling you that you should just quit breathing. You can not just quit breathing. Try it now. Hold your breath as long as you can. I bet you can't even hold your breath long enough to pass out. You will breath far before you get to that point.

Telling someone to "just quit" smoking is like telling someone with allergies, "just quit sneezing already".

Yes, you can overcome the addiction to nicotine. Millions of people have done it. It is VERY difficult. Nicotine is the most addictive drug you can get. If you don't smoke or have never smoked (I don't count kids trying it for just once or twice) then you just need to shut your trap in this thread unless you are only stating you don't smoke per the OP question. You have no idea what it is like and what effects it has.

My heart goes out to all who attempt to rid themselves of the nicotine poison. My congratulations goes out for all who has conquered the addiction.

Disclaimer: This post was written by someone addicted to nicotine by other sources. The author of this post does not smoke. The author of this post also understands the ramifications of his nicotine addiction and does not need a holier than thou opinion by the ignorant. Thank you very much, there's the door.

Haven't we already had this argument on this forum? Perhaps it was another forum, the ignorant comments of the non-smokers all end up the same.
Quote from R34king :Uve been smoking since you were 9!?!?!? what the hell man thats just dumb

no offense but that's coming from a guy who smoke?

Do you smoke?
(198 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG