The online racing simulator
Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :wtf are you talking about, i don't want lfs to die. read my post again before whining

Whining - To complain or protest in a childish fashion.

I don't see how I am complaining or protesting or doing either in a childish fashion. I am putting it to you that I doubt LFS is just going to die like you are suggesting. Even if LFS development completely stopped, I don't reckon people would just quit playing it forever. The community would still be pretty strong. That is what I am talking about. You don't have to get so defensive as soon as someone disagrees with you. Thanks.
Ive got an idea.
Let the devs release the Scirocco and never work on it again . Then we can have an unfinished car that wont work but everyone will be hapilly ever after!!!
-
(anbiddulph) DELETED by anbiddulph
Quote from Becky Rose :which i'm sure frustrates Victor on ocassion, who strikes me as much more business orientated

didnt vicc use to have long hair too?
Only getting to this forum. I was wondering what was causing such a big delay on the development.

But glad to hear all is going well in your new home and I am looking forward to the VW
Whel I dont realy care about the speed of delopment its slow and by slow i mean slower then dead snail.

I wont wine i won't b%tch about il just say i have games to please me.
Its judst the good sim racing games are like iracing wich is dammed expensive(as in not worth its money).
Rfactor is overrated and feels weird from time to time online is shitty.
GTr evo is stil bit to arcadish but online on a full server is such a blast.
Richard burns rally single player game IMO.
Fozra2 stil to arcade online is laggy althow the tuning is cool.

I simply play lfs for its price and it simply bieghn unique its just sad to know that at this pace its going to die out and be obselete since I love it so much.
IMO the thing that would save you guys the most of time for further imporvements is 2 new tracks at the least.
Its not a i want thing its a tip since I would stil be fine and breating if it wast added
I love the internet, it's the only place where people can spend two weeks straight talking about some guy they've never met moving house.
lol YES!!!!! thank god for the INTERNET!!!!
All i know is my business doesn't grind to a halt when i move house, and i,m a one man retail computer business...

I dont want to come across like a prick (probably too late) but an excuse well is an excuse...
Quote from hrtburnout :It'll get outdated if it keeps developing at this pace.

Outdated in a current technology sense in comparison to DX10 and hardware.. yeah. I guess you could say it already is.

But in terms of innovative software design I don't believe LFS is behind by any means. The core of LFS may be ahead of it's time. The problem of what we think is dated we base on what nvidia and large development firms are telling use is up to date.

It's come to a point in online simulations and mostly the 'gaming' market where this has become almost out of control. Evey body and their momma is trying to make an online game for money most the time boasting their revolutionary graphics and the technology used to make it. That and how many people they can shove in a server, then call it playable. Problem is most of them are like Super-Models with drug problems, social disorders and STDs. Nice to look at, but easy to forget about.

Like I said though. The modern graphics technologies aren't in LFS so it might look out dated. But I will stand to my opinion that the core of it is beyond what other companies can do. And it isn't lack of money being the reason they can't. It's the fear of lack of making money because the time involved in being at the real cutting edge of game play. Game play is more important then the technology making it appear on your screen. The core is the defining factor. Take a look at Quake Live for example. They tried the updated graphics route with Quake 4. More people still played Quake 3. It was still the Pro FPS of chose for those that take it to that level. So they picked Quake 3 back up and turned it into Quake Live. It is still in beta, but it is awesome and will be free for all to sign up when it is released. Quake 3 is a 10 year old piece of software. But you can't deny what works. ID found this out and acted accordingly.

More developers should realize the obvious truth that re-inventing the wheel isn't all it's cracked up to be. Thank god LFS can see this.

Jay Odom
Quote from DarkTimes :I love the internet, it's the only place where people can spend two weeks straight talking about some guy they've never met moving house.

Haha, so true.
Quote from richo :All i know is my business doesn't grind to a halt when i move house, and i,m a one man retail computer business...

I dont want to come across like a prick (probably too late) but an excuse well is an excuse...

I don't want to come across as a prick either... But your business, while still being technology based, is not like anything like a developed software system that LFS is. Even though it isn't "fully" developed, enough work has been done that for short periods of time it can maintain it's self. Probably for even longer then the time Scawen took off recently. The idea behind creating such a system is that you don't have to constantly jack with it to make it work. Seeing that Scawen could take a period of time off and still come back to working a software system is a testament to LFS's ingenuity.

So to sum it up: LFS didn't grind to a halt. I never once heard of the master server going down and nobody could connect during the past month and a half. If you did this however your business would dry up. You have to make sales and perform consistent services to maintain an income. LFS revenue could be made while the devs are sleeping, taking a moment to go to the bathroom or even.. moving house. Not forever though. Just short periods of time. With all respect that can be given, you comparison is flawed.

Jay Odom
Quote from Scawen :
I had moved.

lucky for some eh ??

either way, take your time get settled etc then when the time feels correct, let he new car out plus any other aces up your sleeve and pay the mods for their own hard or a shrine to lerts stupidity.... ( yes thats right, lfs's only lerts hater ! muahahahaha... ... ha! )

on second thoughts, mods are voulintiers ( Thank god - free slave labour ! )

but still... patience is a saint i suppose.
Quote from jbirdaspec :I don't want to come across as a prick either...

Jay Odom

too late also.

i don't think hes referring to anything grinding to a halt, but the mere ability to take 2 months off to move house.

i also run my own business and i've moved house twice this year. the last time into a brand new house with nothing, no flooring, no paint on the walls, no garden, zip narda nill. and i moved in a weekend. it did also take me 2 months to get a net connection. but guess what, its called technology and i got around not having an actual physical cable to the house by other means.

fell free to be a typical fanboi and jump and down a rave when someone makes a valid critisim.
Hi...

more reliability and less excuses

Sorry, I don´t speak english

See you
Quote from TiricK :Hi...

more reliability and less excuses

Sorry, I don´t speak english

See you

I hadn't realised you were speaking a different language.
sky ftw, up to 16mb for £10 a month
Quote from Gills4life :I hadn't realised you were speaking a different language.

He uses a translator maybe
Quote from Flame CZE :He uses a translator maybe

Yes, google translator Thx Flame, i speak spanish and Euskera

See you
Quote from DarkTimes :I love the internet, it's the only place where people can spend two weeks straight talking about some guy they've never met moving house.

You guys have to watch even less TV than me People will gladly spend weeks and months watching a bunch of unknown blokes messing around in a house or something equally silly.
Quote from obzelite :too late also.

i don't think hes referring to anything grinding to a halt, but the mere ability to take 2 months off to move house.

i also run my own business and i've moved house twice this year. the last time into a brand new house with nothing, no flooring, no paint on the walls, no garden, zip narda nill. and i moved in a weekend. it did also take me 2 months to get a net connection. but guess what, its called technology and i got around not having an actual physical cable to the house by other means.

fell free to be a typical fanboi and jump and down a rave when someone makes a valid critisim.

Except you're being unreasonable. Moving house is a big thing, especially when Scawen has 2 children. You can't really expect him to be able to be like this super-god that does everything, and focuses on his job rather than his children. I understand that he does have customers to satisfy, but come on... having some heard for him goes a long way. I know I've been critical of Scawen in the past, but you're just being ****ing retarded and inconsiderate of many things. Scawen's life doesn't revolve around satisfying us with LFS, it's a product that he develops at his own pace and in his own time. Making large life changes such as moving and raising a family should be of higher priority.
Good post Dustin. I agree wholeheartedly.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except you're being unreasonable. Moving house is a big thing, especially when Scawen has 2 children. You can't really expect him to be able to be like this super-god that does everything, and focuses on his job rather than his children. I understand that he does have customers to satisfy, but come on... having some heard for him goes a long way. I know I've been critical of Scawen in the past, but you're just being ****ing retarded and inconsiderate of many things. Scawen's life doesn't revolve around satisfying us with LFS, it's a product that he develops at his own pace and in his own time. Making large life changes such as moving and raising a family should be of higher priority.

Mm, nicely put.

Sadly some people don't realise there's more to life than videogames.
I am moving right now too.

In two weeks we need to be out of this house...
Quote from G!NhO :I am moving right now too.

In two weeks we need to be out of this house...

So you're moving right now... in 2 weeks ?
This thread is closed

Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG