The online racing simulator
Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Amynue :
Week elapsed, any news?

If I were a mod I'd ban every single person who posted such posts. The whining/asking/complaining would stop very quickly, I'm sure.

And if I was a developer I would postpone the release date of any new material by a month for every such post I saw.

Alas, I'm neither of those.
Quote from ebola :With regards ISP I am very surprised that people even bother with TalkTalk, Virgin, BT, Sky, Orange etc. I use Zen Internet, ISP of the year for last however many years and have only good things to says. This also includes a house move.

Thanks for the tip, I am now with Zen internet and connected!

On the Monday after making that first post, Virgin customer services started telling me it might be activated in a couple of hours, they were doing all they could to connect me without delay and that kind of thing. I made a simple resolution to cancel my order if the line was not activated that day, which of course it was not, so I cancelled the order.

Some research over the next couple of days made me agree that the best I could do was try out Zen internet, a much smaller company, and I was happy that the sales man I spoke to me knew what he was talking about, was able to do a line check on the spot and gave me a direct phone line, meaning if there was any problem I could phone and talk to him, or leave a message on his voice mail, and he'd return the call very quickly! Now that is great, compared with the Virgin call centre where you get a different person every time you call and it is near enough impossible to talk to the same person again.

So... quite relieved and happy to be connected again, I will prepare my Virgin / Ofcom complaint to see if I can get a few pounds compensation for all those phone calls and wasted time, and try to make Virgin think for a few minutes about what they are doing to people when they don't tell the truth to loyal customers or don't provide the facts to their half-trained customer support people, so they are unable to report the truth - whatever really is going on, I was continually told that the order was 100% fine, although I knew it was not... I've got no real hopes that my complaint will make any difference but when Ofcom is involved for a genuine issue, they do sit up and listen for a moment.

Anyway, no change of plans, it feels a lot easier and more inviting to work now so I'll be getting gradually back on the case and expect to be in full flow around the middle of the month. That doesn't mean you'll get a patch then, most probably I'll be working on the Scirocco with the help of our beta testers for a while, I can't predict exactly what will happen, there are various things to work on, anyway we obviously want to get the next patch out as soon as possible, in a good condition so that is the plan!
That happens when your not a virgin Scawen! Virgin company only connects virgins!
We have tabulated the votes, and this years "Worst joke of the year" award goes to Takumi! Congratulations!

Maybe a few explaining words for the viewers?
Quote from Scawen :I am now with Zen internet and connected!

That's the information I wanted to get, thanks Scawen! Happy programming!
Quote from Fuse5 :We have tabulated the votes, and this years "Worst joke of the year" award goes to Takumi! Congratulations!

*chuckle*

Quote from Scawen :I will prepare my Virgin / Ofcom complaint to see if I can get a few pounds compensation for all those phone calls and wasted time

From what I've seen, it works if you leak your horror stories to consumer organisations or newspapers. Telling your friends that Virgin sucks* doesn't impress them, but telling the papers does.

*: Takumi, don't you dare!
Quote from wsinda :From what I've seen, it works if you leak your horror stories to consumer organisations or newspapers. Telling your friends that Virgin sucks* doesn't impress them, but telling the papers does.

*: Takumi, don't you dare!

Get Watchdog on the case, let the mad Scotish bloke who host's the show get on the cause.

If nothing else, you'll get a mad Scottish bloke complaining to Virgin, which is always goof for the giggles
Strange... every Scawen's post puts smile on my face . He seems... so... human... he is honest(not like those pr guys from most of the companies) and realy... umm... he's nice :razzseems so at least ). Go go Scavier team!
Quote from Scawen :-snip

Glad you got a connection sorted!

Hope things are easier for you now without (as much) stress from the whole problem. Good luck with your complaint.
Quote from Fuse5 :We have tabulated the votes, and this years "Worst joke of the year" award goes to Takumi! Congratulations!

Oh come on. Are you also connected to that Virgin company?
No, obviously not. His Highness Sir Branson hasn't occupied Estonia yet.

I just found your joke to be lame.
A few bob for the ring fund scawen :P.

psst: Let me beta test the scirocco :P
Virgin - the worlds best passenger complaint letter
Quote from Fuse5 :No, obviously not. His Highness Sir Branson hasn't occupied Estonia yet.

I just found your joke to be lame.

Everyone found his joke lame not just you Fuse.
That is some cool news. Waiting for internet for private use is a pain. But for a professionnal it is even worse...
god i hate virgin media so f-ing much..... right story so far, we got a deal 10mb boradband + one of their medium TV packages + telephone line all for £26 a month. They came in, installed and asked for another £50 for installation, although it wasnt mentioned on the deal page nor the email we recieved later! so a week later i wake up, turn on my tv and notice some channels are gone. Reason - they decided to make our TV package smaller......
not a a big deal since i didnt wach those channels anyway so i just let it go.
Today come back home, go on youtube watch Inside sim racing and noticed the loading was extremely slow. went to test my connection speed and saw that its slower than usual. So off i went to virgin media website to check my current "plans" and discovered that once again they decided to change stuff without any damn warning..... enough is enough, going to call them and give hell. aint having this BS.....
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the tip, I am now with Zen internet and connected!

Glad my post steered you in the right direction

Hopefully that saga is over for now!! Looking forward to the next few months.

Regards
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Oh come on. Are you also connected to that Virgin company?

Virgin Media deliver the exact same level of service as any virgin. They fumble around putting things in the wrong slot, they don't communicate very well, and the person they are servicing usually leaves in frustration. The only difference is they never arrive early.
Great to hear your settled down and ready to get back to work! My ISP is the exact same way. Dont care about their customers at all. Good luck with the Scirocco, Cant wait to try it out!
I know what you are going through there. I had internet connection problems 3 years ago and my ISP was blaming my computer and all other different things for the problem for 5 weeks. My internet was disconnecting every 30 seconds for 5 solid weeks until my ISP discovered it was their server out the road was the problem.

Not only that but I am in the process of moving house myself. Trying to get everything sorted and moving forward is a very slow process. If all goes to plan (which never happens) I should be moved house within 2 more weeks. Its been 2 months since I got the keys to the house and because theres some wiork needs to be done by the town council I cant move into the house yet. But that wont be the end until I get everything unpacked and sorted to where everything goes.

Good luck with your house moving.
Oow ok, Take it easy Scawen (reaction to opening post)
Quote from FlyeThemoon :Cant Wait test new VW, i gonna today S2 with all cars and tracks (3 hours left )

Hmmm, if I'm not mistaken, you aren't a S2 licensed player, Right?
Quote from GTA_Racer07 :Oow ok, Take it easy Scawen (reaction to opening post)

For demo races there is nothing new comming from 0.5 Z10 to 0.6 A It's great time to buy a licence.

Quote from FlyingSam :Hmmm, if I'm not mistaken, you aren't a S2 licensed player, Right?

He was going to say that 3 hours left to finish downloading a "free S2 version"
Quote from FlyingSam :Hmmm, if I'm not mistaken, you aren't a S2 licensed player, Right?

He told he will buy S2 after 3 hours.
This thread is closed

Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG