The online racing simulator
Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
Quote from richo :Payment=expectation of service or goods.

Yes, you paid money, and received the product you paid for. You have no more rights, and the LFS devs have no further obligation to you.
Thats right Dark, We bought LFS because is the Simulator we like, we didn´t pay to have rights over Devs, you own a License to use the sim, so be happy with the actual content, I´m very focused in this VW too, but I have something that some of you don´t (and should) that´s PATIENCE, is the key in this situation.

PD: Anyway Scawen said in the first post of this thread that he was going to totally focuse on LFS programing again in two weeks, and this Weekend those two weeks will end, he´s connected, and if everything goes fine, in the next week (starting this monday) we should start to get updates and test patches, that of course, If Everything goes Fine, maybe I´m wrong, but I have to say something: just wait and see!.

Adolfo Herrera.
Quote from richo :You cant get a point past you zealots, if you have been reading what i have said i dont really care about the VW thingy , just the reason given for it.

I,m not jealous at all, jesus who wants a legion of fanbois waiting and scrutinising every thing you say or do

Yes and I said that you are bitching with him because you are jealous of his situation, in which, is it necessary to remind it, he can afford to take a month to deal with personnal stuff.
He has a successful business, with 22k customers all around the world and a growing community... and he sacrificed nearly 9 years of his personal time to make LFS the way it is now, so 1 month of (not real) vacations isn't going to kill him or you.

Take it as an investment, since you are qualified with business operations. He sacrificed a month of work, with the risk of losing customer of stir whiners up, in order to improve his working conditions, this enhancing his productivity.
Quote from DarkTimes :Yes, you paid money, and received the product you paid for. You have no more rights, and the LFS devs have no further obligation to you.

Ah dear sir you fail to see what i,m getting at, i am in no way complaining about what i bought far from it in fact, we were discussing hobby vs paid product.

I wasn't focusing on LFS i,m just saying there is a vastly different public perception to paid and freeware.

The devs made the rod for there own back by announcing the three tiered system, people ask the same questions day in week out about S3 or when is this or that due.

We cry for info and then analyze every atom of it and when were going to get it.

I,m OT but i assure you if took all the threads away about when this or that is coming the forum would be near empty.

Were lucky we have a vast legion of avid devotee's that will fight for Scavier's honor when its in doubt
I realized that, a different point of view could help us. Arguing, suggesting, whining, complaining etc, don't change the direction of LFS progress. Instead of these see the Matrix, chapter 21: "There is no spoon"

- Do not try to bend the spoon. That is impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth.

- What truth?

- There is no spoon.

- Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm getting annoyed myself, but only with this thread. Why does anyone really care about his personal life anyway?

Because people are moaning about how it's taking a 'long', but I'd hardly call a month long. People only see Scawen (and Eric+Victor) like they're just robots who have nothing better to do than labour away making new things for LFS. There's things that happen in real life that can delay the process, and if people have a better understanding of THAT, then perhaps they can understand why the Scirocco patch was/is delayed and give him a break.
Quote from richo :Payment=expectation of service or goods.

LFS is a business , a different type of business model but a business none the less.

A very lucky business that gets to work from home, doing something they enjoy and making a kick arse product that people are begging for more of.

Except that in this case, you have to consider that the business does the same as the private life: moving... From that view, it makes perfect sense "the tools are laid down"...

And since you seem to like the comparison to companies and their daily business, think about that: the business itself is and was running without pause - just the R&D department took some time off, which isn't exactly unheard of...
Please say that scirocco is not the only update.. We need new interiors for all the cars except the ones you've already done
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Please say that scirocco is not the only update.. We need new interiors for all the cars except the ones you've already done

He already said that the new patch will be only the VWS + some minor updates...

And please don't do this:
No scirroco in LFS for a long time -> people are sad and moan, "where is the ****ing scirocco!!!!!! ME WANTZ"
And when it will finally be released, people will IMO shout "NO!!! only teh Scirocco (((( interors pl0x!".

just only an idea
Quote from Flame CZE :
No scirroco in LFS for a long time -> people are sad and moan, "where is the ****ing scirocco!!!!!! ME WANTZ"
And when it will finally be released, people will IMO shout "NO!!! only teh Scirocco (((( interors pl0x!".

that's the way it goes if it takes too long to publish the rocco
DevilDare voted to lock this thread (1/8)

Press 1
I say keep it open. People will only make other threads about it.
*presses 1*

Dustin completed the vote
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :that's the way it goes if it takes too long to publish the rocco

That's the way it would have went if the patch got released in December.

People moan no matter what.
My uncle said the Scrirocco is a huge flop and it did very bad in some tests, it handles like shit.
Maybe something is hidden under "Only Scirocco and some minor updates". Scirocco may have a new damage system or something, we don't know...
Quote from Amynue :Maybe something is hidden under "Only Scirocco and some minor updates". Scirocco may have a new damage system or something, we don't know...

Well, hope dies last, right?
Where is AndroidXP I haven't seen that guy in like... forever?
Guess he is moving house! ahhhhh that's where he got to!
Quote from DevilDare :DevilDare voted to lock this thread (1/8)

Press 1

/me presses 1 5 times

(8/8) I completed the vote!

Now oncr this gets locked, lets wait for a thread with the Scirocco patch!
Quote from furiously-fast :/me presses 1 5 times

(8/8) i completed the vote!

now oncr this gets locked, lets wait for a thread with the scirocco patch!

1+5=8???
ok
This thread is closed

Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG