The online racing simulator
Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
I had a similar issue when I last moved house two years ago. NTL (as they were then) decided to cut off my services at my old place a week before I was finished living there, and also decided to store my old address telephone number as the contact number for me at my new address! So when they called to tell me they were here and waiting to install my new line, they were surprised to find nobody answered the phone THAT THEY HAD CUT OFF THE WEEK BEFORE.

About 18 hours of expensive phone calls to their customer service lines and two weeks later (so that was 3 weeks in total of no internet - I work from home) they finally came and plumbed me in, and I overheard one of the scrotes outside my window say to the other "Who's going to come up here to check that we've crimped these properly?". Grr!

When I finally got a telephone service I called them to complain about the whole ordeal, and ask for them to reimburse my costs from calling their helplines to sort out THEIR ****-up, got the brush-off a couple of times and eventually told them to cancel all my services (I'd run right out of patience) at which point they offered me a £100 credit on my account and free TV for a year.

Which I took.
BT and Virgin in poor customer service shocke........

........actually it's to be expected these days , chin up it could be worse.....you could have had the misfortune to deal with AOL customer service.
Ouch Scawen, I know first hand how incompetent BT can be

About three months ago, my parents decided to save money by switching the phone/broadband lines from TalkTalk to BT. Mistake #1

So TalkTalk:

a. Cut the wrong line
b. Gave us the wrong number
c. Couldn't find us on the system
d. Told us to go to BT, who told us to go to TalkTalk

Eventually, it was sorted out.

Moral of the story? Avoid BT.

And ye, glad you're back
#29 - chaa
I think it would have been much more easily if Victor or Eric had told us these information some weeks ago... Whatever, let's hope for a year 2009 with more updates than last year!
#30 - Jakg
All I can say is that UK ISP's seem to suck balls - you have no idea how many people I get complaining about them (although i'm not exactly what they want a PC World employee to do about it :P).

Whereabout are you located now for stalkin- other reasons?

EDIT - NVM.
Good to hear from you once again, thanks for the update
#34 - Jakg
Quote from niall09 :Is that really neccesary?

Well it's from the LFS main site - and I just wondered what county he was in now.
Quote from niall09 :Is that really neccesary?

No it's not. Granted it's not difficult to come across, but that's not exactly the point.

Congratulations on your new home Scawen & family
Although incompetence is not confined completely to the United Kingdom, I do think we excel in this area : Getting broadband, queueing at the Post Office, roadworks.............

Makes me proud......:weeping:
Trains. Buses. I'll be able to finish the list after the 2013 Olympics
Hey what i coincidence, i am also going to move (in 4 weeks ).
the internet isps fail epically.

Anyway, i wanna see pics of the new house plz.
kthbai
Changes of life & it's problems...
Welcome back, Scawen .
Well that's a relief. I don't know if it's new for British people but i know pretty much other cases that were looking almost the same here in Poland. I guess it's the same everywhere.

Thx for info i won't be spamming Victors box with the questions now
I wanna pics of the cats please
Cgt anyway
Good news, glad you got yourself and your family into new house.

Any photos of your brand new villa?
wow that was like your whole life story of 2009 i hope you like your new house btw.
Scawen, u poor boy, we all feel with you... tss
I hope you enjoy the new "home sweet home"!
Scawen, you've been using dial-up all these years? Why? Broadband's been available for a decade.

But I do understand now why you've been away for so long, I've also moved houses about 3 years ago and I know first-hand how much "stuff" can accumulate in a house and how long it takes to clean that stuff out, decide what to do with it (keep it or throw it away), and actually moving it over to the new house. The whole process took weeks for us, so this is not surprising at all. However, we did not have the problems you had when it came to phone and internet service, they were both installed the day after we called them. Good luck with your new house!
Must've been a very hectic xmas!

I wish you the best of luck with your new house, and hope that yourself and the family will enjoy it.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Scawen, you've been using dial-up all these years? Why? Broadband's been available for a decade.

Ofcourse not, you silly. Scawen stated that he could've used dial-up in those months.
Best of luck to you and your family Scawen!
This thread is closed

Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG