The online racing simulator
Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
Well we need to be out in 2 weeks, and we are starting to move stuff over to the other places tomorrow.

better?
Quote from G!NhO :Well we need to be out in 2 weeks, and we are starting to move stuff over to the other places tomorrow.

better?

Good! Don't come back.
My english is bad?

or you just hate me? ...................................
Cool, you're Scawen's next door neighbour now?
Uhmmmm is it me or are you guys befooling me?
Quote from G!NhO :Uhmmmm is it me or are you guys befooling me?

Uhh, not really. it's just that it is funny to also be moving when the game creator is too.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except you're being unreasonable. Moving house is a big thing, especially when Scawen has 2 children. You can't really expect him to be able to be like this super-god that does everything, and focuses on his job rather than his children. I understand that he does have customers to satisfy, but come on... having some heard for him goes a long way. I know I've been critical of Scawen in the past, but you're just being ****ing retarded and inconsiderate of many things. Scawen's life doesn't revolve around satisfying us with LFS, it's a product that he develops at his own pace and in his own time. Making large life changes such as moving and raising a family should be of higher priority.

I have three kids 6, 9, and 16 what,s your point?

The second you start charging people for a product things become completely different to some one doing it as a hobby, i think Scawen and Co have such an enviable position , people love there product and want more Jesus Christ it doesn't get any better than that for a small business.
Quote from Gills4life :Good post Dustin. I agree wholeheartedly.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Mm, nicely put.

Sadly some people don't realise there's more to life than videogames.

Wait.. Apocolypse... You 2 people agreeing with me... after saying iRacing is great and basically making fun of S14 all the time...

Cool.
I'm agreeing with Richo to be honest. Scawen said the Scirocco would come out Early January, if he knew he was moving, why did he say that? If it was because he thought it actually would be ready for then, then it seems that moving house is an excuse. Sure you can't upload things with no internet, but it doesn't mean you can't develop the game with your existing computers data, right?

And Ginho, cut down on the freakin spam will you, you got more posts than Scawen and he's been here from the beginning... ok he doesn't post so much, but take me, i've been here nigh on 4years and you have 1,000more posts than I do.. and I DO post...
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm agreeing with Richo to be honest. Scawen said the Scirocco would come out Early January, if he knew he was moving, why did he say that? If it was because he thought it actually would be ready for then, then it seems that moving house is an excuse. Sure you can't upload things with no internet, but it doesn't mean you can't develop the game with your existing computers data, right?

Have you ever tried to program when the Computer is in a box and not plugged in?

Honestly, sure I've been critical of Scawen, but you guys are just ****ing retarded. Is his priority really getting us a lousy car, or him being able to live comfortably?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Have you ever tried to program when the Computer is in a box and not plugged in?

Honestly, sure I've been critical of Scawen, but you guys are just ****ing retarded. Is his priority really getting us a lousy car, or him being able to live comfortably?

Well, my point isn't about him unpacking his computer. My point is about the promise for it to come out early January. If he couldn't forsee that moving house could change the fact it may not be released then, I really do wonder what the original plan was in the first place.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm agreeing with Richo to be honest. Scawen said the Scirocco would come out Early January, if he knew he was moving, why did he say that? If it was because he thought it actually would be ready for then, then it seems that moving house is an excuse. Sure you can't upload things with no internet, but it doesn't mean you can't develop the game with your existing computers data, right?

And Ginho, cut down on the freakin spam will you, you got more posts than Scawen and he's been here from the beginning... ok he doesn't post so much, but take me, i've been here nigh on 4years and you have 1,000more posts than I do.. and I DO post...

But things have became complicated. This is exactly why Scavier don't give us release dates, because when they do, and something happens, half the forum has a big boo-cry.

Although I can't find out where it said "early January". All I've managed to find was "Early 2009" on www.lfs.net.

As for Ginho, instead of flaming him, just think that without him the forum would be a duller place. Who cares about post count?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Wait.. Apocolypse... You 2 people agreeing with me... after saying iRacing is great and basically making fun of S14 all the time...

Cool.

Got no problem with Iracing as a sim. I just have a problem with Iracing as an investment. It costs far too much for something that delivers less than LFS overall to be honest. Paying for every car and track? Sod off! Scawen wouldn't be able to move for all the monies if we were made to pay for all cars and tracks on LFS.

Anyway that is going way off topic. Cut Scawen some slack ffs.
Quote from obzelite :too late also.

i don't think hes referring to anything grinding to a halt, but the mere ability to take 2 months off to move house.

i also run my own business and i've moved house twice this year. the last time into a brand new house with nothing, no flooring, no paint on the walls, no garden, zip narda nill. and i moved in a weekend. it did also take me 2 months to get a net connection. but guess what, its called technology and i got around not having an actual physical cable to the house by other means.

fell free to be a typical fanboi and jump and down a rave when someone makes a valid critisim.

It wasn't valid. I know because I have done the job he does before.

Here's the deal... If you put a lot of hard work into something it can benefit you in different ways. What this that guy said applies to his own situation. And I'm guessing you don't either. Most people don't have this luxury including myself. I'm sorry if I am too typical for you. Really the guy should have said nothing in the first place. Then I wouldn't have felt it needed to defend someone honor...what little good that does here.
Quote from BlueFlame :Scawen said the Scirocco would come out Early January,

He didn't.

He said early 2009. And it still is early 2009.
I really dont give a toss when the VW comes out if ever or any updates for that matter, i just find it really funny that the tools are laid down because your moving house?

That is not a criticism of Scawen or his work habit but i can guarantee you that if do that in any other business by the time you came back you would have to move again as your business would have gone tits up..

Maybe i,m a cranky old prick that has had a gut load of the dickhead builders that promised to finish my home in six weeks rather than the nine months its taken because they have using the same lame excuses as moving house...
Quote from zeugnimod :He didn't.

He said early 2009. And it still is early 2009.

Somebody already said exactly what you did.
Quote from richo :The second you start charging people for a product things become completely different to some one doing it as a hobby

No, they don't. The only difference between writing a program as a hobby and writing a program for payment, is that you get paid.
Payment=expectation of service or goods.

LFS is a business , a different type of business model but a business none the less.

A very lucky business that gets to work from home, doing something they enjoy and making a kick arse product that people are begging for more of.
Stop with the jealousy please,

the critics are not critics about the delay, just the fact that Scawen can take one month to take care of personal stuff, while you can't...

It is his (and Eric's and Victor's) business, and if he can do this, then he must have done it according to his financial safety margin. He knows more his business than you do, so you can't judge it or advice him more than someone that knows it.

He managed to do it more successfully than you, so stop being jealous and make your own business as good or just shut up.
I just cant believe the whining people here.What is your problem? Are you gonna die if updates dont come until summer or so?Dont you have a life with bigger problems than lfs updates? The guy comes here tells you he moved,thats why he wasnt around,and you cut his head off? OMG
He expanded his business office,to work in more comfort,and so his family could live better than in a living room as a house.CUT THE SHIT please
I'm getting annoyed myself, but only with this thread. Why does anyone really care about his personal life anyway?
You cant get a point past you zealots, if you have been reading what i have said i dont really care about the VW thingy , just the reason given for it.

I,m not jealous at all, jesus who wants a legion of fanbois waiting and scrutinising every thing you say or do
This thread is closed

Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG