The online racing simulator
Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
Good to hear from you Scawen, welcome back !!! !

I feel for you with those BT connection problems....
Congrats fo the move, and take your time.
Glade to hear everythings ok..oh and companies over here suck as well. Time warner is ok..but there an isp, so uber..

I will be gone to the national gaurd soon, I hope I am able to try it out before I go...wont be back for a while!

Peace out!!!
lucky you, here it took them 6 months, to get our phone and inet working... Gratz to the new home!
No offence or anything.. But LFS is really going to die if it continues like this.
Imho you should just make the next patch to be the final version of Live for speed. It'd be better for you too, you have family things to do etc.
S3 is so non needed uprage as lfs is good as it is now.

I just would like to know if you have time for LFS anymore,
because it seems like no and it is nonsense to make s3 as you don't have much time.

Now almost everyone are just focused of waiting for the next patch and are bored of the one we have now.. I feel like it..
That is the nature of everything Tomba, people always want what is coming and never what they have. The world has become so fast paced we've stopped living in the present, people 'want want want'.

I am sure LFS will continue for aslong as it fits right with Scawen's life, S2 will at some point in the next few years reach a stage of completion. I am absolutely sure there are times when Scawen wants to just say "Final" and be done with it and walk away, I meen, who wouldnt after years working on the same program?

The thing is, LFS continues to potter on, earns him a reasonable income, and when it gets too much he can take a break. Does it matter if it's called 'in development' or if its called a 'patch' ? Really the fact that S2 is Alpha is because Scawen is essentially honest and as i've joked before, basically the capitalist equivellent of a raving communist, which i'm sure frustrates Victor on ocassion, who strikes me as much more business orientated .

We might never get S3, does it matter if we do or dont? As a consumer i'm utterly satisfied with the product and i'm fairly confident that my forum musings over the years have sucked more than my £24 fee just in bandwidth for that, let alone what I got out of the game itself.

Whether the program is considered final or not is really just a case of how much of an idealist you are. The fact Scawen doesnt see LFS as finished simply shows he has more ideas that he wishes to implement than has been done. It doesnt change the fact that it is a great game already.

The Scirocco is a classic case, the devs didnt leak the information that we where getting it. It was found by an LFS'r elsewhere and posted here, then confirmed as true by the devs. There's been clamouring demand for it ever since, because we all 'want want want', but releasing it as a matter of priority was never on the original game plan, and as has always been the case in LFS the devs will do what the devs will do, and lately that's not been surfing you tube, it's been decorating...

I dont know about you, but I dont begrudge the way LFS is made. If anything i'm envious that some people have done the hard work necessary to achieve that. Personally I was way too interested in drugs in my youth to ever build a solid business, now i'm older I can look at what the devs of LFS have done and say, 'good job guys' and use them and their story as an inspiration for planning my future which i'll get around too one day as soon as I stop wasting time making aimless forum posts patting them on the back...
That was a great post in so many ways Becky!
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :But LFS is really going to die if it continues like this.

No it isn't. (And that's about as polite a reply I can formulate without spontaneously combusting.)
Quote from wien :No it isn't. (And that's about as polite a reply I can formulate without spontaneously combusting.)

oh yes it is, see the servers, there not many of racers left..
only few racing server has population in it (not demoservers included)
It'll get outdated if it keeps developing at this pace.
Quote from hrtburnout :It'll get outdated if it keeps developing at this pace.

It depends what they have done behind the scenes. What we have isn't all there is to LFS I'm sure. Maybe Scawen has a new graphics engine, S3 content and real time weather (works in progress). We don't know.

Regardless, I do often wonder why they're so reluctant to give us extra content, a new track or something. Whatever your thoughts on the subject, if they wanted to give us a new track, they could have. In the end I always come to the conclusion that they're still selling S2 licenses so they think "why bother?".
Quote from hrtburnout :It'll get outdated if it keeps developing at this pace.

I've been realizing lately that it's already fairly outdated. That doesn't mean it's not good anymore, though. It's just not as "revolutionary" as it once was. There are other sims coming out that are (a lot) better than LFS in many aspects (note that I say "many", not "all"). And it's precisely because of that that I'm not too worried about the future of LFS. If it becomes too outdated or "dies off" then there'll be other sims I can switch over to It's not like I've got some kind of emotional ties with LFS, like many other people here seem to have. If something better comes along that really blows my mind I'll probably drop LFS in an instant. In the end it's just a product, and we're customers. If a customer has a choice between several similar products, he usually picks the better one. Simple as that. So far I haven't seen anything that can really replace LFS, though. I think iRacing could very well be it, but I haven't tried it yet and I can't justify paying a monthly subscription for a hobby (if you can even call it that, in my case) such as simracing.
Scawen stated in the past that he was developing two versions of LFS - one we see, and is the test patchy one, whilst the other is anybodies guess. It could be S3, or it could be simply a massive 'content-development' version, or it could be little more than random tests and experiments. We'll just have to wait and see.

If it ends up 'outdated' then we can play something else. If it ends up being abandoned, then we can just play something else. If it develops slowly then we can play something else whilst we wait for something that interests us. If we get a whizz-bang big patch then everyone forgets and starts to dribble again.
Quote from tristancliffe :
If it ends up 'outdated' then we can play something else. If it ends up being abandoned, then we can just play something else. If it develops slowly then we can play something else whilst we wait for something that interests us. If we get a whizz-bang big patch then everyone forgets and starts to dribble again.

I'd probably still play LFS, even if it's 'outdated'.. it's the only decent online racing SIM that doesn't either cost £909234466 a week to play, or that very few people actualy use.
Whining people, play this shit* or GTFO.

*with shit i dont mean shitty game, opposite of that.
We shall continue playing LFS until the master server is officially shutdown.
Even then i'll probably still do single player.
LFS might not be the prettiest game out (it never has been, never will be, that isn't what a simulator should be) but its still got the best feel of any racing sim i've played. (GTR Evo/Rfactor/GT4/Forza2)
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :we'll see about that

Lol, what are you going to do? Tell everyone to stop playing to prove a point? People will always come back to this game because it is unique. It is also an excellent game even with its bugs, for a very low price with none of these bullcrap subscription fees. Look at GPL. Nearly 11 years old and people still play it. I seriously doubt LFS will just die out overnight suddenly because you think that it will.
Quote from Becky Rose : people always want what is coming and never what they have. The world has become so fast paced we've stopped living in the present, people 'want want want'.

Good post thought i would highlight that part, says it all for me about a percentage of peoples attitudes today. Maybe this economic downtown might have an influence on that. With this being said I am as fallable as the next and forget sometimes to stop and smell the roses, but i do try.

@ Scawen thanks for the update hopefully you and the family are close to getting a routine backup. I know from my own experiences within my family how difficult it can be with a new house kids and a home business. The ISP issue im glad you have resolved. Anyway with the mood i am in i could twitter on all day , btw, hope you like the roses.

Its true what they say, what a difference a day makes. (I hope)
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the tip, I am now with Zen internet and connected!

ZEENNNNNNN

glad it finally works out... cant freagin wait for westhill updates
Tomba share's completemy my meaning about LFS -.-
I bet around 70% in the german community have the same oppinion.

LFS has so much potential which will die, like Tomba said.
And now flame me to death
Quote from Gills4life :Lol, what are you going to do? Tell everyone to stop playing to prove a point? People will always come back to this game because it is unique. It is also an excellent game even with its bugs, for a very low price with none of these bullcrap subscription fees. Look at GPL. Nearly 11 years old and people still play it. I seriously doubt LFS will just die out overnight suddenly because you think that it will.

wtf are you talking about, i don't want lfs to die. read my post again before whining
Quote from Memph1s :Tomba share's completemy my meaning about LFS -.-
I bet around 70% in the german community have the same oppinion.

LFS has so much potential which will die, like Tomba said.
And now flame me to death

I have noticed that, and you agree about this I bet, most of the Germans I know are extremely critical about everything

There are two things that would make Live For Speed die... First, an official statement by Scavier that they stopped the development. Second, if there are no more people playing. (or 10 people total connected on the master servers).

Currently LFS is back on development, after Scawen's little issues. Secondly, there are 1105 people connected on the master server, so where the f*ck can you tell that there are no more hosts ??
If you don't wanna make LFS die, it's about time you move your arse Because being part of the community isn't only possessing the license or posting here, it's also to do something to make the community live

So stop whining and go playing
-
(Tomson(FIN)) DELETED by Tomson(FIN)
Quote from Zen321 :
There are two things that would make Live For Speed die... First, an official statement by Scavier that they stopped the development. Second, if there are no more people playing. (or 10 people total connected on the master servers).

Currently LFS is back on development, after Scawen's little issues. Secondly, there are 1105 people connected on the master server, so where the f*ck can you tell that there are no more hosts ??
If you don't wanna make LFS die, it's about time you move your arse Because being part of the community isn't only possessing the license or posting here, it's also to do something to make the community live

So stop whining and go playing

I was just starting to post something like this too
You just said it first, so +1
This thread is closed

Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG