The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
ahha.. done !
Quote from XCNuse :lol, might be going up to OBX this summer for Epic East Coast Mazda Meet

4 Days left for TWM sponsorship! If I could get everyone to like TWM's page and like this picture of my car that would be GREAT!

http://www.facebook.com/photo. ... 4.131414399191&ref=nf

I have noticed some wishful thinking on there. A kid with a Focus RS500. Too bad the RS500 (and the whole RS range) was an EU only deal. But a boy can dream.

Also, just be clicking on a few random cars, a white 'teg has you beat with 40 likes.
There is KW and there is KW

"Cheaper" KW's (-1500€). Is just overpriced ****ing shit, even less complete coilovers then other cheap ones

Expensive KW's (+2000€). Is again overprices but track proven.. Hence why big teams use em.

BC's are just fine. Are you able to get HSD coilovers in the US? (HSD HR's). They are really good for the money. I bought mine for the BMW for 850€. Ride height, damping, camber and caster (front) adjustable. Much more "comfy" to drive compared to other brands where your brains get smashed when hitting a bump.

My opinion!
+1
On the street, Bilstein is fine. Even in some kind of trackday level. I aslo had Bilstein shocks on my race car, but at one point speed increased and Bilstein was too unstabile on higher speeds. So yeah - Bilsteins are best in price-performance ratio.

Dunno about KW, but Öhlins are real deal
Quote from XCNuse :

[/center]

If that tow hook moves around freely, it might be worth wrapping some thin foam around it so that it doesn't damage the paint.
i imagine it has some weight to it, and it has a feel that makes it not want to move

kinda like needing to lube the joints, but feels more natural, and like it is suppossed to be like that.
Are you drunk? I can barely understand a word of what you just said.

And no, it's not meant to be like that. Manufacturers have to fit tow hooks that are concealed, mainly due to safety reasons but also because it looks stupid. If Nuse was to run into someone (God Forbid), that exposed tow hook would smash the shit out of that persons leg, but I'm sure he cares more about how his car looks instead of someones well being.
made sense in my head, but im probably missing a comma, and the way i spaced it is weird

translation*

the tow hook probably has some weight keeping it wanting to stay down, unless you hit a big bump, or go upside down. if you try it, it feels kinda stiff (probably), similar to if you needed to lube the joints, but with a more natural feel, cause its suppossed to look like that.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Are you drunk? I can barely understand a word of what you just said.

And no, it's not meant to be like that. Manufacturers have to fit tow hooks that are concealed, mainly due to safety reasons but also because it looks stupid. If Nuse was to run into someone (God Forbid), that exposed tow hook would smash the shit out of that persons leg, but I'm sure he cares more about how his car looks instead of someones well being.

If i got hit by a car, i think an exposed tow hook would be the least of my worries.
Deja Vu
Quote from Klutch :If i got hit by a car, i think an exposed tow hook would be the least of my worries.

Lol we agree.
You both don't seem to understand that this tow hook will break bones at virtually any speed. You don't have to be run over for it to cause serious damage, it will do so even if it just bumps into you at 5kph, especially if you get caught between 2 cars. In fact, you could just run into it and hurt yourself much, much more than you would have with a plastic bumper. Not only is it solid metal, it doesn't have a deflective shape either, so you're likely to - pardon the pun - hook on to it, either with clothing or flesh and skin, or possible fingers.
Do you guys not have Roo/Bull bars over there or something?

Quote from morpha :In fact, you could just run into it and hurt yourself much, much more than you would have with a plastic bumper.

I've kicked my shin on a towball a few times.
Should we wrap up everything dangerous in bubble wrap incase someone accidently does something stupid?
Quote from Klutch :Do you guys not have Roo/Bull bars over there or something?

Correct, they're illegal.

Quote from Klutch :I've kicked my shin on a towball a few times.
Should we wrap up everything dangerous in bubble wrap incase someone accidently does something stupid?

Why wrap something in bubble wrap that doesn't need to be there at all? Having that tow hook permanently mounted serves no practical purpose whatsoever.

€: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullbar
Quote :Due to the number of deaths and injuries caused by the rigid fronts of cars, often with metal bullbars (in 2000 some 2,000 deaths/year and 18,000 serious accidents/year in Europe [1]), the sale of metal bullbars was banned by a European Union Directive.

God damn you snow!

So basically, there was a heatwave about a week ago which made me think I could pull away the car's cover So I did that, hoping to take her out for a spin during the weekend. Guess what?!? The following day, I looked outside the window and it was heavily snowing. Found her under a ton of snow. Here's a pic I took after I mopped the snow off her:

The snow persists up to this day, that's over a week!!! What makes it more annoying is that I am in my break between terms now, which means I have lots of spare time
Go out and drift it around, have fun in the snow. There must be an empty car park somewhere.
Quote from morpha :You both don't seem to understand that this tow hook will break bones at virtually any speed. You don't have to be run over for it to cause serious damage, it will do so even if it just bumps into you at 5kph, especially if you get caught between 2 cars. In fact, you could just run into it and hurt yourself much, much more than you would have with a plastic bumper. Not only is it solid metal, it doesn't have a deflective shape either, so you're likely to - pardon the pun - hook on to it, either with clothing or flesh and skin, or possible fingers.

A device that can possibly break a bone at any speed as you say, well both parties can just do what they are supposed to do in the first place, driver drive with their brain, walker walk with their feet. Simples. It's like saying "he didn't have a insurance what if he killed someone" well it doesn't matter eitherway the person is dead. As is the case here, if it will break your bones you probably were at fault or they were, it's not just gonna happen because the tow hook is there is it? The tow hook is not the deciding factor plus, it shouldn't be given the name tow hook, as it's actually a towing eye.
It's an unnecessary potential hazard. Accidents do happen, so reducing the vehicle's potential to inflict harm is a completely rational and reasonable concept, wouldn't you agree?

I'm not saying towing equipment should be banned altogether, I'm saying it shouldn't be installed when it's completely unnecessary.
I think we may be the only people in here that think it looks stupid Morpha. Everyone else in here is interested in making there car look individual and special, by following the latest trend like a herd of sheep.
Quote from morpha :It's an unnecessary potential hazard. Accidents do happen, so reducing the vehicle's potential to inflict harm is a completely rational and reasonable concept, wouldn't you agree?

I'm not saying towing equipment should be banned altogether, I'm saying it shouldn't be installed when it's completely unnecessary.

A person crossing a road is an unnecessary hazard, many things are, but does that mean they should be stopped? I mean, personally, I don't get why JDM ricers are doin the whole tow eye thing, but it ain't really gonna be a problem, Bull Bars cover the whole front end, a tow hook it a small thing. Plus that particular tow eye looks like it is covered in rubber.
Quote from BlueFlame :A person crossing a road is an unnecessary hazard, many things are, but does that mean they should be stopped? I mean, personally, I don't get why JDM ricers are doin the whole tow eye thing, but it ain't really gonna be a problem, Bull Bars cover the whole front end, a tow hook it a small thing. Plus that particular tow eye looks like it is covered in rubber.

Should of gone to specsavers..
That tow hook on my car doesn't move up and down; i tightened it up so it's stiff enough that the loop doesn't move unless you put some pressure on it.

Honestly, this tow hook is BEYOND more safe than the OEM one, the OEM one stuck out like 2-3 inches, and it didn't have any give what so ever, this tow hook is completely up against the bumper.

If you want to compare being hit by this tow hook vs. oem one, the oem would rape someone.. literally (disturbing, yes, but my knee has bruises from walking into it to prove it) this one.. if you got hit by it, yes it may hurt.. but so will the remainder of the car hitting you too.

last payment came innnnnn!!! Guess who is buying coilovers on monday!
No idea when I will get them installed though, I gotta do some work before I head home

That's crazy bull bars were illegalized. Personally.. I don't like them either, they ish look cool (GOOD ones.. not cheap ones that everyone buys, but the ones you see on model cars) but at the end of the day that's like an additional 30-40+ lbs of weight you're adding on the nose to an already dumb heavy truck.. such a waste..

I'm sure at some point when I shave up my car the tow hook will be gone (and by shave up I mean remove stickers, eyelids, tow hook.. that's all I can think of now)

old vs new

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that when your Mazda was stock, it did not have a tow hook sticking out the front of the bumper?

That is our point. It's a pointless mod, which is a danger to pedestrians and looks stupid. Either way though, ignore us by all means. It's your car, so do as you wish.
Quote from XCNuse :That's crazy bull bars were illegalized. Personally.. I don't like them either, they ish look cool (GOOD ones.. not cheap ones that everyone buys, but the ones you see on model cars) but at the end of the day that's like an additional 30-40+ lbs of weight you're adding on the nose to an already dumb heavy truck.. such a waste..

Solid metal ones were made illegal, you can buy the plastic type still, the kind you find on Discos and such. They have some give in them that protects the ped, in some cases they are safer than barless SUVs, but also designed in a way that the impact causes minimal damage to the body of the vehicle. You'll need a new bull bar however.

The argument wasn't it is safer than the OEM one, which was ludicrous, it is that a solid chunk of metal will not give any when you hit someone. The plastic will give so the ped doesn't get broken shins, the bonnet gives so they have a soft landing. That chunk of steel will snap their shin.

That all said, personally, I am fine with that one as it is no different to the standard tow hook on my van. Both will snap a shin bone on impact. But the OEM one was never designed to be left in place so became a massive hazard. It might be "following the trend" but I am going to paint my tow hooks red and get some "TOW ->" stickers.

This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG