The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
No, there not by any means a bad car. Maybe it just came out wrong.

It's just whenever I drive a VAG car, I feel nothing. For me, there just "meh" cars. The only ones that I have driven and LOVED, have been cars like the old Audi RS2, Golf R32 etc. But as for there normal day to day cars like Passats and what not, they do nothing for me.

Each to there own.
I guess I've never driven a car that does exude that "Wow" feeling. Glimpses when I drive my dads BMW.. but other than that.. I drive boring normal person cars
Hehe. It's only thanks to my Job that I've gotten to drive cars like that.

Bare in mind that Cars like that only turn up once in a blue moon. Apart from that, I'm working on Mercedes-Benz's, like A-Classes, C-Classes etc. Now THEY are dreadful cars!
Quote from mamoru :About the 86: Too much Initial D :P Still, a pretty decent drifting car for its age.

FUUUUUUUUUU i hate when people say this.

Ae86's are more than just "drifting" cars.
yes besides that they are just cars
my car
my real life car....
made for european football championship....

and yes, this is the german flag^^
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :It's just whenever I drive a VAG car, I feel nothing. For me, there just "meh" cars. The only ones that I have driven and LOVED, have been cars like the old Audi RS2, Golf R32 etc. But as for there normal day to day cars like Passats and what not, they do nothing for me.

all vws are purely a to b cars... as are 99% of german cars... very good a to b cars but still nothing more than a comfy (in the case of vws at least) chair thatll get you safely to wherever you think you want to go
make it 95%. Technically Lamborghini are German. BMW have the M3 and the M5, Audi have the R8 and Merc have the SLS AMG. And the SL65 AMG Black.
That is a tiny number of vehicles when you look at the volume of cars Germany makes which are just made to carry your shopping home. 99% is accurate.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :130hp and 970kg? What did you smoke?

Me? I don't know what you drive, but that's a slow car. I've driven a car with very close to those stats, Polo GTI with 1.6 16v, 125 hp for 970 kg. It's slow, because it's a freaking supermini street car with a 1.6 liter NA engine!
It's a shopping trolley on wheels, turned a little sporty by giving it 20 more hp than standard. That statement pretty much fits both the Polo GTI and the AE86.
Hmm, try a different field of view. That helps in lfs might also work in rl. Polo gti was made to be a quickcar and yet close to a crapbox of a ae86
Quote from Klutch :FUUUUUUUUUU i hate when people say this.

Ae86's are more than just "drifting" cars.

They are used more in drifting and used elsewhere (even delivering tofu to the hotels on the mountain)
No. Just...no
Give me something where it is used elsewhere? Where does that little engine with his RWD elsewhere come in use?
Quote from mamoru :They are used more in drifting and used elsewhere (even delivering tofu to the hotels on the mountain)

Drift Car:

A car that due to it's RWD nature, can slide around corners if wanted:

Drift Car:

Just because AE85/6's are RWD, does not make them a drift car. Sure, they may be very good at it but so can a lot of other RWD vehicles if you put enough work into them.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Haha.

In all fairness to Dawes, 0-60 times posted by Manufacturers and/or Journalists usually mean nothing in the real world.

I've driven a few Golfs/Boras (Essentially a Jetta) with the 150hp 1.8T though, and they are pretty dreadful. They do respond well to a remap though, although I think you cannot go as far with them compared to the 180hp version as that one uses a larger turbo/larger fuel injectors afaik?

*waits for Blueflame to come along*

Same motor, same turbo, same fuel injectors.... The difference between the 2001 150hp and 2002 180hp is the mapping. Dustin has the 150hp and I have the 180hp. Our cars are identical except for the mapping.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Drift Car:

Drift Car:

Just because AE85/6's are RWD, does not make them a drift car. Sure, they may be very good at it but so can a lot of other RWD vehicles if you put enough work into them.

True, but a driftcar like you specified is a high performance vehicle, which it doesn't need to be. As long as you can drift with it, it is a drift car imo.
Quote from mamoru :True, but a driftcar like you specified is a high performance vehicle, which it doesn't need to be. As long as you can drift with it, it is a drift car imo.

So any RWD car with an ounce of power is a drift car
A lot of "drift cars" are gutless and require some work to make them ruin tyres as quickly as they do.
Quote from RasmusL :So any RWD car with an ounce of power is a drift car

heh, I knew I didn't formulate it well. I just think that a drift car doesn't need to be a high powered with millions of stickers on it. It can also be a normal bmw or something. It is just that 'if you can drift it, it is a drift car' that is my definition so to say.
driftable vehicle
Quote from mrodgers :Same motor, same turbo, same fuel injectors.... The difference between the 2001 150hp and 2002 180hp is the mapping. Dustin has the 150hp and I have the 180hp. Our cars are identical except for the mapping.

Yes, and I've considered getting mine chipped to change the ECU map... but it's a touch too expensive
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes, and I've considered getting mine chipped to change the ECU map... but it's a touch too expensive

Expensive relative to what you are capable or want to pay perhaps (and me as well) but quite cheap relative to modifying a car for more power. $500 each would get us both equal vehicles at I think 215 hp (or is it 230?)
I think it can go to 230, but I wouldn't wanna push it for I'd rather be abe to drive my car more...
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG