The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from el pibe :still, a bicycle is still counted as a ride for those who are not allowed to drive.

Except the thread title isnt "Post your Ride"

Its "Post your car"

Theirfor, i repeat.

G
T
F
O
I'm on a guitar forum and they have a thread asking to post a pic of your guitar gear. I posted a pic of my RC airplane and said I didn't have a guitar nor do I play guitar, but I did have an airplane and fly RC as a hobby. They told me to GTFO. Why?
Your black?

Ali G mode off/
I've got something with so much class, so much prestige, so much heritage, so much wealth, and so much floaty handling that your heads will all explode.

Are you ready?

1986 Dodge Diplomat. Oh yeah. 100 bucks of lazy V8-ness. Complete with vinyl top and vague, overcompensated power steering!
for some reason that dodge reminds of the unmarked police cruiser i saw at the mall today.
Quote from BarryPaxton :for some reason that dodge reminds of the unmarked police cruiser i saw at the mall today.

They used them as squad cars quite a lot in the 80s and even into the 90s.
Quote from mrodgers :I'm on a guitar forum and they have a thread asking to post a pic of your guitar gear. I posted a pic of my RC airplane and said I didn't have a guitar nor do I play guitar, but I did have an airplane and fly RC as a hobby. They told me to GTFO. Why?

:biggrinfl:uglyhamme

kk... u wanted a pic of my car(s) ???

there u go.

my yellow CCX
my S7
my 370Z
and my Bombardier CRJ 900

Attached images
15-03-08_2124.jpg
15-03-08_2125.jpg
01-04-09_1758.jpg
06-04-08_1517.jpg
Quote from el pibe ::biggrinfl:uglyhamme

kk... u wanted a pic of my car(s) ???

there u go.

my yellow CCX
my S7
my 370Z
and my Bombardier CRJ 900

The last one isn't even a car.
Also, not only can't you read the title, but you can't even read the first post.

Quote from R3DMAN :your real car..

lets see what you guys drive

Now i repeat.

GET. THE. ****. OUT.
Some dirty new pics of mine:

My latest little mod, custom interior lighting:
Those blue lights for the interior, whats your opinion on them? I fitted some to the mondeo but they lit the interior worse than the old ones! I eventually fitted some "HD CrystalX" ones from eBay and i find them much better.

Personal opinion i suspose.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Those blue lights for the interior, whats your opinion on them? I fitted some to the mondeo but they lit the interior worse than the old ones! I eventually fitted some "HD CrystalX" ones from eBay and i find them much better.

Personal opinion i suspose.

Made those myself, they're 5mm white LEDs, they light the interior up like daylight mate.
Oh right. Cool!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Oh right. Cool!

It's a PCB board with LEDs on it:

IRL much brighter..
I take it the wiring is just hooked up to the standard switch? I'll have to give this a try on the mondeo. The lighting in the boot is very dim, and while i've fitted bright bulbs for the interior, they dont exactly light it up how i would like it to.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I take it the wiring is just hooked up to the standard switch? I'll have to give this a try on the mondeo. The lighting in the boot is very dim, and while i've fitted bright bulbs for the interior, they dont exactly light it up how i would like it to.

Yup, I cut off the plug from a LED light and attached it to my LEDs, don't forget the resistors!

Planning on doing some more stuff like this. Boot light, front indicators, maybe then side reps and complete rear lights.
My car: 1988 Thunderbird 5.0 Sport

Started out life with stock 155hp 5.0 V8/automatic/2.73 rear gear and being driven by a grandma (literally). Then my parents bought it and it became my first car. Since then, my dad and I have swapped in a 5 speed manual, put true dual exhaust on it, new wheels/tires, 2002 Mustang GT front springs, 3.27 rear gear, and we just recently built a 306 for it that got the car to put down 240rwhp/300rwtq on the chassis dyno (~280hp/340tq at the flywheel). Unfortunately, the oil pressure took a nosedive and wiped out the main and rod bearings, costing me a few hp on the dyno, so I'm taking it back there when we get it back together...expecting 255rwhp with the extra couple of bolt-ons I'm getting for it while it's apart. Anyways, some pics and video:

Vids:
http://smg.photobucket.com/alb ... mp;current=idleandrev.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/alb ... iew&current=0to60.flv
^Yes I know my shifting is slow...hadn't driven the car in a few months so I was rusty. I'm gonna be in the same boat again when it's back together haha. And sorry for the Aerosmith CD somewhat hindering the awesome exhaust note.

Pics are attached
Attached images
tbirdpullinout.jpg
finalenginebay 010small.jpg
springs 004.jpg
springs 032.jpg
finished2.jpg
Not a fan of Thunderbirds, but I have to admit, that is a beautiful sounding engine.
S2k
Well, here's my year 2000, Honda S2000, that I bought used for $13000 with 64,000 miles She is a blast to drive and I love her.

And here are some videos:

http://www.vimeo.com/user849816/videos
Try and smooth your inputs. Otherwise pretty nice! and a nice ride too.
Quote from buntatofu86 :snip

Nice looking S2k you got there, looks like fun too! I wish there would be a race track around here... guess i'll have to go to france with mine someday.
that s2k looks pretty tidy, must be great legally pushing the rev band in it
Love that S2000, although they stopped production after 10 years, it still looks as if it was designed last year, really amazing how they pull that off again, after the NSX, which also still looks like a modern car.

Another update on mine, got some ST sideskirts fitted:
Thanks for the comments guys Yea, there's a long list of things that I need to improve on in my driving. And jibber, don't they have a lot of racetracks in Europe?
In Europe, yes. In switzerland, nope.

Track racing in switzerland is forbidden since quite a few years. They wanted to revoke the law about two years ago, but it didn't pass.

The nearest track for me is the "cirquit du laquais" in france, which is about a five hours drive from where i live. I'll go there someday when i find the time and money... was good fun in the MX-5 i had once.

How is the oil consumption of the S2k on the race track by the way?
-
(ajp71) DELETED by ajp71
Motorsport in Switzerland is non existant is it not? That's why Michael Shumacher lives there, because when he was an F1 driver, it meant he didn't have a job title over there, so he could sign on for benefits and his house tax and stuff would be paid for him.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG