The online racing simulator
Quote from hyntty :lap 0 (pacelap, main staright just before start)
car 4

Not doing pitlane speed as is stated in the rules. It says clearly that you have to use the pit speedlimiter. That implys that the leader may not be in charge of the pace. The whole left side lane was stacked up and behind the right side queue.

Where does this suddenly come from?

if the guy in p2 doesnt close the gap as he should and get next to me i brake down to let him get next to me and i even chatted it. I didnt take the limiter off while doing that.
The only thing I saw was people in front of me slowing down... which is why you have to go on the limiter in the first place.
Quote from hyntty :The only thing I saw was people in front of me slowing down... which is why you have to go on the limiter in the first place.

If you spec my car from out of the second to last turn, u see me putting it on and then you see the car in p2 holding a to big gap. i try to make it smaller by slowing down sorry but i dont see anything wrong in that.
Lap 0 (2.38 in timeline) (pacelap, main straight just before start).
Car 98

No safe gap before start, got squeezed by 98 and 6, lost 3 positions.
What happened in feature race, what`s with RED flag thing?
I timed out in lap 23 so I don`t know what was going on.
My ISP is resetting my connection every hour .
I was so bad at this combo (mainly cause of poor driving, and then poor set), so I want to apologize if I caused any trouble.
Just one thing about the rules: I was so confused during start of feature race, cause I forgot the procedure (didn`t even use pit limiter). Pause between two CART races was huge and I was so into KY500 which is totally different. I know I should reminded myself about all that, but .
Maybe it`s better that I timed out, cya at FE4.
Quote from fermevc :What happened in feature race, what`s with RED flag thing?
I timed out in lap 23 so I don`t know what was going on.
My ISP is resetting my connection every hour .
I was so bad at this combo (mainly cause of poor driving, and then poor set), so I want to apologize if I caused any trouble.
Just one thing about the rules: I was so confused during start of feature race, cause I forgot the procedure (didn`t even use pit limiter). Pause between two CART races was huge and I was so into KY500 which is totally different. I know I should reminded myself about all that, but .
Maybe it`s better that I timed out, cya at FE4.

From what I remember viewing the replay:
During the 29th leader system lap (28th Race Lap), a major lag spike occurred which saw all racing cars disappear. Later in that lap, another spike occurred. On Lap 29, the third lag spike sent three drivers timing out. Shortly after, another lag spike occurred, and the race was then suspended on lap 31 (29 racing laps completed).

The cause of the failure, I don't yet know, I'm going ot check into that.

I will post up the results Monday evening US time. I will include in that what points are awarded. Falke will make that decidion on Monday, and Falke, please be sure to inform me.

d
The following things will come in the stats for the Feature race that I'll finish fixing up and posting Tuesday:

Gaps, including corrections for a penalty for Car 33 for crossing too many pitboxes in pitlane. Any driver who did not make a pitstop before the rollback lap will recive 30 seconds added to their race time to account for the correction.

HALF POINTS WILL BE AWARDED.

The race was suspended on Lap 30 of 41 system wise, wich is only 70.7% of the total distance. Furthermore, the calculation is officially done off of schedule distance, which excludes the pace lap. So in terms of race distance, only 29 of 40 laps were completed before the red flag was issued. This is 72.5% completion. The current lap that the leader was on would have to have been completed to have made the race 75% complete.

This decision has been made in conjunction with Thilo and myself.

dekojester
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : testing
Oohhh, what a bad luck for me!!
If my connection lasted just a couple of minutes longer maybe I would score some points even being last .
Well to bad for all, but s...t happens.
Results

Let me know if anythin's foooked. I don't care about the images, they're not important. Just the results. :P
I am not Kirka Machacek but Jirka Machacek
LFSCART 2009 Round 8 - Grand Prix of Jamaica / The Jamaica 200 - Pre Race Discussion
The Grand Prix of Jamaica is the next race up on the LFSCART 2009 Tour, this time as broadcasted race again. The Jamaica 200 is the longest road course race on the carlendar with its 200 miles. The broadcast should start with the recap of the NDR FOX Jamaica 130, wich is a sort of feeder race (NDR FOX Jamaica 130, this friday, sign ups still open).

There is one little modification in comparison to other rounds. As it is twice as long as a normal feature race, I'd like to see 2 pit stops of every one. It is open to you when you do them, important is, that you need to have fresh new tyres.

1755utc Deadline for competitors for server arrival
1800utc Qualifying Part 1 - 10 minutes
1815utc Qualifying Part 2 - 10 minutes
1830utc Race - Formation Lap - Rolling Start - 50 laps - 2 madatory pit stops with tyre change - maximum 120 minutes / 2 hours
2040utc post-race Interview session

I hope to see many of you on track!
Quote from Jet_ CZE :I am not Kirka Machacek but Jirka Machacek

Typo. I'll fix it in a bit. Sorry about that.
We better have more than 12 this time.
Ill be there
Quote from TFalke55 :
1830utc Race - Formation Lap - Rolling Start - 50 laps - 2 madatory pit stops with tyre change - maximum 120 minutes / 2 hours

I dont get this new rule. This shrinks the real endurace race into 3 sprint races. I dont like it
-
(Rudy van Buren) DELETED by Rudy van Buren
I agree with Agarash, but on the other hand, it could be interesting to think more about the race strategy. Cya on track!
actually, my thought was: We've got 1 pitstop for a 100mi race, so it would make sense having 2 pitstops for a 200mi race. Also it is closer to the real thing. From the IndyCar pit stop charts I've calculated that they have an average 60mi race.

E.g. Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersberg (1,8mi) the pitwindow was between 32 and 35 laps
Quote from TFalke55 :actually, my thought was: We've got 1 pitstop for a 100mi race, so it would make sense having 2 pitstops for a 200mi race. Also it is closer to the real thing. From the IndyCar pit stop charts I've calculated that they have an average 60mi race.

E.g. Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersberg (1,8mi) the pitwindow was between 32 and 35 laps

I thought we have one mandatory pitstop to have at least some pit stop action in the race. It's easily possible to make the feature race without a single pitstop, but in this long race it's very likely to have one without any restrictions.
-
(hyntty) DELETED by hyntty : Wrong thread
I just wanna take a few chances:
  1. I sent out the Event info PMs tonight. If someone misses a PM, please notify me here in this thread.
  2. Second I want to advertise two NDR Events: 1st the 8th Round of the New Dimension Racing Challenge. The Last Round is opened to everyone who likes to race. 15th August - GT2 / GTR @ Kyoto National [KY2] / 2 hours [Endurance Race (Compulsary Pit Stop + Rolling Start). I hope to see a few people there. All informations about the NDRC in the Live For Speed Beginner's Cup Subforum.
  3. And LFSCART Light openes its doors. Your team can start signing up now in the LFSCART Light Subforum.
I know partly off topic but, well
Oh, I will be there btw
I can't make it, as I have to help a friend shoot a wedding, then goto an engagement party after.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG