The online racing simulator
Quote from LFSCART Rulebook Version 2009.1 :19.Safety Car
19.1.The safety car is marked SAFETY CAR in letters similar dimensions to those of the race numbers on the rear and sides. It will be driven by an experienced circuit driver, who is in permanent radio contact with race control.
19.2.The safety car may be brought into operation to neutralise a race upon the decision of the race director. It will be used only if competitors are in immediate danger, but the circumstances are not such as to necessitate stopping the race.
19.3.When the order is given to deploy the safety car the message "SAFETY CAR DEPLOYED" will be displayed on the monitors.
19.4.The safety car will start from the pit lane with flashing indicators and will join the track regardless of where the race leader is.
19.5.All the competing cars must then form up in line behind the safety car, no more than five car lengths apart and overtaking, with the following exceptions, is forbidden until the cars reach the Line after the safety car has returned to the pits. Overtaking will be permitted under the following circumstances:
19.5.1.if a car is signalled to do so from race control
19.5.2.any car entering the pits may pass another car or the safety car, after it has crossed the first safety car line as defined,
19.5.3.any car leaving the pits may be overtaken by another car on the track before it crosses the second safety car line, as defined
19.5.4.when the safety car is returning to the pits it may be overtaken by cars on track once it has crossed the first safety car line
19.5.5.any car stopping in the garage area whilst the safety car is using pit lane (see .10 below) may be overtaken
19.5.6.if any car slows with an obvious problem
19.6.When ordered to do so by the race director, race control will notify any cars between it and the race leader that they should pass. These cars will continue at reduced speed and without overtaking until they reach the line of cars behind the safety car.
19.7.The safety car shall be used at least until the leader is behind it and all remaining cars are lined up behind him. All cars must keep the formation as tight as possible, but not tighter than 2 car lengths.
19.8.From the time at wich the "SAFETY CAR DEPLOYED" message is displayed no car may enter the pit lane until all cars on track have formed up in a line behind the safety car and the message "PIT LANE OPEN" is shown on the monitors.
19.9.Competing cars may not rejoin the track when the safety car and the line of cars following it are about to pass or are passing the pit exit. A car rejoining the track must proceed at an appropriate speed until it reaches the end of the line of cars behind the safety car.
19.10.Under certain circumstances the race director may ask the safety car to use the pit lane. All cars must follow it into pit lane without overtaking. Any car entering the pit lane under these circumstances may stop for the purpose of refuelling or repairing.
19.11.When the race director calls in the safety car, it must extinguish its indicators; this will be the signal to the drivers that it will be entering the pit lane at the end of that lap. At this point the first car in line behind the safety car may dictate the pace. When the signal “GREEN FLAG” is shown, overtaking is allowed.
19.12.Each lap completed while the safety car is deployed will be counted as a race lap.
19.13.If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.
19.14.At circuits where safety car procedures are to be used, two continuous “Safety Car Lines” should be marked, crossing the track at pit entry and exit roads from side to side.
19.14.1.Safety Car Line 1: at the point at wich it is deemed reasonable to allow a car entering the pits to overtake the safety car or another competing car remaining on the track. It is also the point at which competing cars can pass the safety car as it enters the pits at the end of the intervention
19.14.2.Safety Car Line 2: at the point at which cars leaving the pits are likely to be travelling at a similar speed to competing cars on the track. A car on the track may therefore overtake another leaving the pits before reaching this line but no overtaking may take place after it.

that are the safety car rules as they stand at the moment... Nice that you picked out that F1 rule, but we're not F1 or NASCAR... here actually is no Free Pass...
It seems you have "EPIC FAILED". This is not F1. This is not run under the auspices of the FIA. This is LFSCART, run by NDR, and as such THEIR rulebooks apply.

Quote :19.6. When ordered to do so by the race director, race control will notify any cars between it and the race leader that they should pass. These cars will continue at
reduced speed and without overtaking until they reach the line of cars behind the
safety car.

Passing the SC depends on notification; your weren't notified, so you stay where you are.

You and other SCP drivers seem to be getting your knickers in a twist over the blue flag rules. There are no blue flag rules in the LFSCART rules, and the NDR rules state only:
Quote :4. Blue
a. Used as a warning to a slower car that a faster car is approaching. Use caution.
Hold your line, and make no moves to impede the faster car.

A blue flag (just like the YF) on the LFS screen is simply a warning, and doesn't implore you to do anything. Obviously if you take cars lapping you out then you'd get a penalty.

I'm sure those at NDR will say more, this is just my thoughts having watched the sprint race on remote, and then the replay - while it is only practice races it seemed like an absolute noobfest (I mean, forming the grid, some epic brain fade there) - but Jack, if they can cope with Fern Bay they can cope with anything!
Maybe , once , you shall consider that rules again , with rules like "lucky dog" you shoud have a direct racing competitors after SC period , and not stacked and owerlaped cars between them.
There_are_no_sc_rules. The safety car pulls out in front of the leader. If there are cars between the sc and the leader they pass the sc and join the end of the queue. Otherwise overtaking is not allowed.
Quote from boothy : There are no blue flag rules in the LFSCART rules, and the NDR rules state only:

A blue flag (just like the YF) on the LFS screen is simply a warning, and doesn't implore you to do anything.

Do you realy mean what you are type here ?????
If it is correct we shoud block any other draivers on the race , not allowing them to pass us?
It is insane thinking!
Thanks everybody, I just wanted to clear things, and I`m sorry `cause I should have read LFSKART Rulebook in details.
Quote from Ki-Men :Do you realy mean what you are type here ?????
If it is correct we shoud block any other draivers on the race , not allowing them to pass us?
It is insane thinking!

Read the rules

Quote :4. Blue
a. Used as a warning to a slower car that a faster car is approaching. Use caution.
Hold your line, and make no moves to impede the faster car.

Look I egzaktly know what means a blue flag on race , and my behavior on the track is showing that.
This is just a discusion, after race , and I dont like comments adress the whole team like "boothy" wroted for us.
It is simpli as that.
Two things I noticed during the pacecar periods.
1. The Pacecar was going way too fast. In one period I was in Position 5 and was about half a lap down. Although the period lasted for couple of laps I wasn't able to catch up with the field. I then decided to do my pitstop which of course put me further back again (I don't expect to catch up with the field during that sc period of course).
But generally I think all cars on the lead lap (not doing a pit) should get the chance to catch up with the main pack before the green light is given agin. Or am I wrong here?
2. When one of last sc periods was restarted there was a lapped car in between the leading cars. That car getting a blue flag stayed really slow although the cars in front were accelerating in the last chicane already. As I am not allowed to pass before start-line, i had no chance but to stay behind and loose all the cars in front and getting overtaken at end of start finsih due to lack of speed on the straight. So when a race restarts lapped cars either need to stay on pace (in formation) or be allowed to pass the sc in the first place. Having a blue flagged car in the leading pack staying slow, it does not work..

Apart from that I had a lot of fun during the event. Although some of the seen driving was poor (not that I was so good myself either, but anyways). People should know how to behave during a race.
Hmm, to bad that I wasn't aviable the last week-end. Obviously I missed two nice races here.

Is there any chance to get the stats of the race? For pure curiousity, I'd like to see who showed-up+I'd like to evaluate the standards with fastest laps, etc.
By downloading the replay maybe?
complicated stuff but im still in F1RST
holy ****

Formula Racing... regarding oneGP also, really recruts great drivers for their most loved serieses
Rudy is going to kick off in FSR World Championship's to with FRO along with Hibex and Tenman.

Gonna be sparks!

Best, Maz

PS: Sort that Quali out Thilo, rofl
Quote from Mazar :Rudy is going to kick off in FSR World Championship's to with FRO along with Hibex and Tenman.

Gonna be sparks!

Best, Maz

PS: Sort that Quali out Thilo, rofl

Some ideas were already posted in the rules section
Are sign-ups still open for this, I would be very interested in racing the FO8 again now I'm back racing. Do I have to be part of a team as well or can I run as a single entry?
Quote from count.bazley :Are sign-ups still open for this, I would be very interested in racing the FO8 again now I'm back racing. Do I have to be part of a team as well or can I run as a single entry?

you can run as single entry sign ups stay open til i say they are closed
Great!

- LFSName: count.bazley
- First and Last Name: James Barrington
- Car Number: 87
- Team Affiliation: Sim Racing Society (SRS)
LFS Name: Storm_Cloud

Car Number: 46

Team: Sonicrealms Racing
Quote from Storm_Cloud :LFS Name: Storm_Cloud

No No No, you are way too fast! You are not allowed to enter!

Just kidding
It's good having more good drivers onboard. Hopefully I can learn from them during the season
Quote from Storm_Cloud :LFS Name: Storm_Cloud

I'll try to get the series cleaner then last year
for me the things went a bit unlucky.
sprint race i messed up myself and in the final race there was a big crash but no yellow and i had no chance to finish the race.
but overall it was nice.
and i have do dissagree with u falke, i think the top 8 quali is a really good thing. 10min quali is a really short time and not everybody will be able to get a good lap done in that time, at least not on long tracks like ky3 or fe4. so the top 8 quali gives you a kind of a second chance and is was nice, at least to drive. but i would prefer if it would be a top 10 quali, just to have more cars on track at that time.
and the other thing i have to say is that i agree with torben, i spectated him after i got spectated and the sc was going really fast.
but as i said, overall a nice race.

karkar

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG