The online racing simulator
- LFSName : VTiRacing
- First and Last Name : Reno Kööts
- Car Number (between 1 and 109) : 3
- Country (Using ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 standard) : EST
- Team Affiliation (if applicable) : Estonian Endurance Racers
Quote from Raven88 :TFalke can you add the USA flag in there somewhere for me?

added to Pack 3

Quote from Kirill.D :Hey !

Fixed the number

cool good... thx
Quote from dekojester :Pass should be off now.

d

Well wasn't working for me last night keep telling me I had the wrong password......
LFSCART 2009 Pre Season Event - Golden 150 - Post Race Discussion
appologise for missing it. Didnt get home from work till 6pm then found out I had to go out again and didnt get home till 7:30pm.
Wohoo!
Yay I .... Failed the entire session
After good quals,sprint was disaster for me,also main race lol:

Jack Atkinson : CAUTION - CAR UPSIDE DOWN ON START OF BRIDGE

That was me

And also i got many contacts in formation lap from behind and under safety car
Quali was already hard because there was so many yellows. Very hard to find space. After that was those boring top8 qualis. Those just makes whole event longer. Really should think are they necessary. :rolleyes:

Races was determined by long SC sessions. Never before had so many hits under SC. It didnt feel at any stage that i was in real race. Just total mayhem both races.

Have to think again entering the series if races are like that.

-sal
First we must something to talk abaut situation when Safety Car is on the track , When the race line go after them on first place , second place and ....does the owerlapped racers can go pass that group and safetycar and take his own position on race ?
This question is mandatory and we must to have answer for that!
Quote from Ki-Men :First we must something to talk abaut situation when Safety Car is on the track , When the race line go after them on first place , second place and ....does the owerlapped racers can go pass that group and safetycar and take his own position on race ?
This question is mandatory and we must to have answer for that!

No. You can't pass under safety car.
Finished both races, but realy need to ask some questions regarding SAFETY CAR.

My car was badly damadged and I pited for repairs. Shortly after, there was an incident on the track, and I got overlapped.
I was constantly "BLUE FLAGED" and race control said "no ovetaking". This was so confusing, `cause I think that I had the right to pass the SC and regain my position at the back. To be more confused, in main race, similar situation, I was down few laps, and after some incident, ended just behind SC. He told me to pass and I did.

RACE CONTROL - Please explain and clarify this issue!!
Replays are uploaded...I will answer the questions later, when I'm more awake then now...
Quote from fermevc :
My car was badly damadged and I pited for repairs. Shortly after, there was an incident on the track, and I got overlapped.
I was constantly "BLUE FLAGED" and race control said "no ovetaking". This was so confusing, `cause I think that I had the right to pass the SC and regain my position at the back. To be more confused, in main race, similar situation, I was down few laps, and after some incident, ended just behind SC. He told me to pass and I did.

Were you by any chance between the sc and leader when you were instructed to pass?
Quote from salaneuvos :Quali was already hard because there was so many yellows. Very hard to find space. After that was those boring top8 qualis. Those just makes whole event longer. Really should think are they necessary. :rolleyes:

Races was determined by long SC sessions. Never before had so many hits under SC. It didnt feel at any stage that i was in real race. Just total mayhem both races.

Have to think again entering the series if races are like that.

-sal

1st: I have to agree a bit... The Top-8 Qual was not exciting at all. The idea felt more exciting then the reality of it is. The time it takes to setup the grid after this and everything together could be used for the start of the sprintrace... At the moment I tend, to skip them and then directly going to the sprint race.

2nd: We were also shocked in a way about the driving... there were many unnecessary moves and there will be consequences following. Please don't make a decission yet about the series, as it was the first roadcourse test and the second one will follow... Though I tend to reschedule it a bit but about next test race I will talk to you later. I'm also a bit worried about the oval test event and what we're going to see there.

3rd: About the SAFETY CAR... If there are cars between leader and the Safety Car Racecontrol will allow those racers to pass the Safety Car. If these cars enter pitlane and get at the tail of the field, they are not allowed anylonger to pass, as the reason why they were allowed to pass was that they were between leader and safety car. No cars have any rights to pass on their own. Lapped cars are not to relap them. And penalties are not to be served during a Caution Period.
ok... rules to be added:

- blue flag rules
- clearifying safety car procedure
- reconsidering Top-8 Qualifying
Quote from TFalke55 :ok... rules to be added:

- blue flag rules

Dont take it the wrong way,

but instead of doing a 2 lap race, wouldnt it be cool to give the top 8 just a 1 super pole lap? like do or die if you fail you start 8th
Quote from fermevc :I was down few laps, and after some incident, ended just behind SC. He told me to pass and I did.

Yep, you were between me and the leader therefore you can overtake me.

And I saw some shit poor racing yesterday. Hell even I can drive better than that.....
Quote from Rudy van Buren :
but instead of doing a 2 lap race, wouldnt it be cool to give the top 8 just a 1 super pole lap? like do or die if you fail you start 8th

Not a bad idea. The short races were a little boring I agree, but what if all the top 8 were in the same race?

Hotlaps will probably be better. Anyway, I changed my mind about the restarts. The rule as it is is quite good. When the leader is in charge of pace there's less likely to be someone having an insane run on you. I've seen it happen many times that the leader is going at a steady pace towards the green flag and someone behind him has had an unfair run on the car(s) ahead. It's also a lot safer when all cars aren't bunched up. The only thing I'd like to see added is that after the leader has started accelerating he isn't allowed to brake anymore but has to go full throttle to the line.
Look , for me the main race was owfull , I have a disasterus tactic for myself, tyres change and 30% refuel on main race. I use the time when the SC was first in the track to made a mandatory pit stop , but I was dont repair the car damage. When second time was SC period I made a catastrofic decision on wrong time , SC was release the the track when I go in to pit , to late was breaking and I got a DT penality , and I have forgot to eliminate refueling on that pit , and of that moment all the time was drive with 30% extra fuel.
In next cirkle I was made the DT penality. In the meentime I was fall down from sixth to eleven places. But I was made myself on the end on 9 place,
Thanx to the rescue car who save my ass few laps before the end!

Conclusion is: first we must to adapted the race rules as it is , second is I hate FE3!
Actually, the track didn't help tbh as it's really tight, I'd hope that it would be much better at a track like Aston GP
Quote from J@tko :Actually, the track didn't help tbh as it's really tight, I'd hope that it would be much better at a track like Aston GP

dont think about south city then
Quote from TFalke55 :ok... rules to be added:

- blue flag rules

Maybe clearing the blue flag rules the time when SC is on the track?
Quote from hyntty :Not a bad idea. The short races were a little boring I agree, but what if all the top 8 were in the same race?

At the moment I'd rather completely skip the Top-8 Qual... making a superpole would even take longer then the two two lap races. I've the feeling that this 10 min qualifying is enough excitement for the qualification stage...

Quote from hyntty :Hotlaps will probably be better. Anyway, I changed my mind about the restarts. The rule as it is is quite good. When the leader is in charge of pace there's less likely to be someone having an insane run on you. I've seen it happen many times that the leader is going at a steady pace towards the green flag and someone behind him has had an unfair run on the car(s) ahead. It's also a lot safer when all cars aren't bunched up. The only thing I'd like to see added is that after the leader has started accelerating he isn't allowed to brake anymore but has to go full throttle to the line.

yeah indeed... that would be good... and will be added

Quote from Ki-Men :Maybe clearing the blue flag rules the time when SC is on the track?

that's a point in the safety car procedure

btw... I've thought about something like a cut after 107% or 5sec (wichever is lower) just to have a not so wide spread field... in the oval it would be 103,5% to the polesitter what are your thoughts on lattest... Sothat the field is not too spread too wide apart... a bit like in oneGP, just that if more then 50% fail of reaching the 107% it won't be used
From F1 SC rule book:
"...The safety car will signal backmarkers to pass by using its green light until the race leader is immediately behind it, followed by the rest of the field in race order. Any lapped car between cars running on the lead lap must pass those cars and the safety car before proceeding slowly around the track to take up their correct position at the back of the pack..."

So, I`m allowed to pass all leading cars until I reach my position while SC is on track? Why then am I shown "blue flag"? Or, if SC is on track long enough, can I use this to get into the same lap with other cars? I think there`s a rule called "lucky dog" in NASCAR explaining this issue also.

My main concern is that during SC, I would be overlapped several times `cause of BLUE FLAG.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG