The online racing simulator
was a good meeting and the apps ran very nice
my only grumble was the cold tyre's at the start of the sprint race which made the starts very iffy.
cannot wait till the start of the season
What's everyone's race pace?
I'd say, everyone who does a lap below 1:32.17 would be in for sure... for the races (5 seconds over WR, WR at 1:27.17) I don't expect that we see a new world record for this combo in this very first qualifying of the season.

I'll release later this day the final details for the qualifying procedure, and hopefully, I get the rulebook out tomorrow or friday...
Qualification Session
Road courses
1.The qualifying will be in form of two open-track qualifying practice sessions. Each will endure 10 minutes.
1.All drivers must enter the server 5 minutes prior to the start of the session.
2.The first qualifying session will be open for the bottom half of the available cars referring to the point standings, while the second session will be open the top half of the available cars referring to the point standings.
3.The drivers with the best 30 times (in South City top 28 times) in both sessions combined will be allowed to start.
4.However drivers who fail to fulfill the following requirements won't be allowed to start if more then 20 cars fulfill both of theses requirements.
1.Fastest qualifying lap must be within 107% of the pole position lap.
2.Fastest qualifying lap must be within 5 seconds of the pole position lap.
5.If less then 20 cars fulfill both of these requirements the top 30 available cars may start. If no 30 cars are available, also cars which did not set a timed qualification lap are allowed to start. These cars start from pitlane.
2.The sessions will be in the hardcore mode. This means that no tele-pitting or tele-spectating will be allowed during the session.
Oval courses
1.Only racers who have successfully participated in two official 2009 Kyoto 500 Practice sessions.
1.Failure to this requirement will result in not being allowed to qualify.
2.The qualifying will be in form of a hotlap session.
1.All drivers must enter the server 5 minutes prior to the start of the session.
2.Every driver will get an out-lap, two hot-laps and one in-lap.
3.The best 30
4.However drivers who fail to fulfill the following requirements won't be allowed to start if more then 20 cars are having a fastest qualifying lap within 103.5% of the pole position lap.
5.If less then 20 cars fulfill this requirement the top 30 available cars may start. If no 30 cars are available, also cars which did not set a timed qualification lap are allowed to start. These cars start from pitlane.
3.The qualifying procedure may vary for the Kyoto 500.

the rulebook text now
If Rudy's racing then race pace will be in the 28s.
I changed starttimes... when posting the thread i forgot about the daylight saving time change for european countries.... hope that's fine to you all?!
Quote from TFalke55 :I changed starttimes... when posting the thread i forgot about the daylight saving time change for european countries.... hope that's fine to you all?!

For me it is.
-
(Agarash) DELETED by Agarash
full rulebook update in the first post
updated it a bit... I've done a short list of times and time zones... I also added a track map to and updated the time table:

There will be a voluntary Interview session on ventrillo, an hour before deadline. It will be for the broadcast, just to have some voices speaking about the season... the other interview session is for the race winner talking about the race...
Quote from TFalke55 :updated it a bit... I've done a short list of times and time zones... I also added a track map to and updated the time table:

There will be a voluntary Interview session on ventrillo, an hour before deadline. It will be for the broadcast, just to have some voices speaking about the season... the other interview session is for the race winner talking about the race...

Technically, that wouldn't be counted as a turn there, what you have as "Oval 4"

Also, it would help me get the formation lap software configured if you would confirm your attendance here. For this, a simple, "I'll be here" will do.

d
Quote from dekojester :Technically, that wouldn't be counted as a turn there, what you have as "Oval 4"

That's why it says oval 4 there, and not a corner number? Pl0x.
Quote from hyntty :That's why it says oval 4 there, and not a corner number? Pl0x.

No, it shouldn't have anything there.

d
Oh my goodness, please, let's not argue about something so trivial as corner numbers.....
Quote from J@tko :Oh my goodness, please, let's not argue about something so trivial as corner numbers.....

I'm just being a pissant, don't mind me.
28s huh?

I personally hope that the race pace stay that way
I´m in!

LFSName: Kart0fL47
First and Last Name: Daniel Jähnig
Car Number: 47
Team Affiliation: Polepositiondriver
#392 - Ori
temporary skin
Hi stewards

i have problems with my pc and will try to set things properly as soon as possible. As u saw in the pre-season-event i was racing with a skin that did fit to the rules but other than that was not much of a deal (in fact it was Falke's template with necessary text added in order to not be respectless. my graphic card had broken just that day). For now i will use this one. If anything changes i will let u know.

Ori
Attached images
FO8_orivorerst.jpg
Quote from TFalke55 :(, WR at 1:27.17) I don't expect that we see a new world record for this combo in this very first qualifying of the season.

you hope so
I won't be racing in the first round due to another league race clash.
Me too , will missed the first race, because my obligation to the end the another ligue.
I cant be on two places on same time.
sorry
my skin
MY skin
Attached images
FO8_ivancart.jpg
OWRL?
Possibly...
#399 - Ori
I won't be able to be there too. Great Start. So sorry guys :sorry::ashamed::worried::rolleyes:
I have some stupid question.

The Rulebook says:
Quote :2. To participate in the Oval Races of LFSCART, you must have obtained three of
the following requirements prior to the start of the Qualification session.
a) 300 online laps of FO8 on the standard Kyoto Ring Oval configuration
(code: KY1) [DONE]
b) An hotlap to LFSWorld of FO8 on KY1 within 103.50% of the World
Record. [DONE]

c) Attendance at two (2) or more Official 2009 Kyoto 500 Practice Sessions. [TO DO]

When or what are those Kyoto 500 Practice Sessions?

Please guys help me out!

Thanks - Daniel

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG