The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from jrd.racer :20.3 is really quick. Gl in the sof race.

On another note, the IndyCar Fixed is awesome fun at Spa.

Couldn't do better than 20.6 in Q, annoyed at myself. Just missed out on the top split race too, 54 people signed up and split it into 3, just dropping me into the 2nd split. 52 drivers and I would have made the first split, but shit happens. Had a great race in the 2nd split, finished 3rd and got a great haul of points. This L79 is tons of fun, mainly because I've never been as close to the sharp end .

Anyone who hasn't yet, sign up to the CTC and start racing in this series, it's brilliant.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :that setup is crap though, I downloaded one and ran in class B, immediate 2 seconds a lap quicker

It is crap lol. But after running a few laps you get the feel for the push understeer, and it slowly becomes enjoyable. Had two really fun races in it.

BTW whats your iRacing name?

Quote from DeKo :Couldn't do better than 20.6 in Q, annoyed at myself. Just missed out on the top split race too, 54 people signed up and split it into 3, just dropping me into the 2nd split. 52 drivers and I would have made the first split, but shit happens. Had a great race in the 2nd split, finished 3rd and got a great haul of points. This L79 is tons of fun, mainly because I've never been as close to the sharp end .

Anyone who hasn't yet, sign up to the CTC and start racing in this series, it's brilliant.

Awesome stuff man. I had signed up for the CTC from S3 but these big grids weren't as plentiful then. I will try to run the 2014S1 with two of my teammates.
Race of champions kicking off any moment... some big names out there, should be worth a watch

http://www.psrtv.com/

Adam Burrows
Landon Cassil
Dominic Cicero
Fabian Coulthard
Eric Curran
Brandon Davis
Peter Dempsey
Chris Dymond
Dale Earnhardt Jr
Carl Edwards
Cale Gale
Alex Gurney
Matt Halliday
Joey Hand
Timmy Hill
Trevor Hopwood
Bruno Junqueira
Brad Keselowski
Frank Kimmel II
Parker Kligerman
Kyle Larson
Chad McCumbee
Joey Osborne
Ryan Preece
Spencer Pumpelly
Jack Roush Jr
Tomas Scheckter
Michael Self
Benny Simonsen
Scott Speed
Richie Stanaway
Jordan Taylor
Shane van Gisbergen
Richard Westbrook
Stefan Wilson
Josh Wise
That set up. I'm in love.
very impressed with Chad McCumbee. He did a superb job. I thought it would be between Richie and Shane as they both race iRacing loads already at the top level. Bit of an unfair advantage....

Shame LFS and iRacer Wyatt isn't let in to race! Next year he should be I think...
Chad: Q1 F1 / Q3 F3
SVG: Q4 F3 / Q1 F1

And SVG wins, hmmm.

Not that it matters to me, it should have really just been a tie, but the way they handled the tiebreaker was silly.
Well whichever way they decided to break the tie, someone, somewhere would have something to complain about. Chad and SVG should've had two shootouts at two different combos of their choice. At least that would have been fun to watch.

The road race was really fun to watch apart from the messy crashes (actually had a good laugh at that)
McLaren at Daytona anyone?
McLaren feels amazing, really.
Yea it feels good, although feels like it's abit TOO easy.
Just visited the iRacing page and saw it as well.

Oh god great
List everything you have bought.
-
(chanoman315) DELETED by chanoman315
Road America is a great track to have, and then you have to look at what cars/series you're going to be running and get something that's used in a lots of them - e.g. Silverstone, Mosport, Mid Ohio, Zandvoort, etc.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Ok so In order to take advantage of the 10% off I need to buy 3 items, 2 cars and a track I figure.

What other car should I get? I'm tossing up between the HPD and the Radical

Radical, awesome car also i recommend Lotus 79, *must have H shifter to fully enjoy edit: ahh u got it already

but iRacing physics can draive you mad more I play more I hate this game Don't even wanna count how much money i am wasted..

"love" those physics easily cacheable slide IRL, easley cacheable in LFS, but not in iRacing:nol2:
I started out this season planning to run the Radical. First couple weeks did well with participation, bu tit fell off after that. Quite a few still run it though.

Radical is a great car to drive.

---

Now the McLaren, after driving all evening Im starting to like it more. At first shot I didnt like the slight floatiness and the weird understeer, but as I switched over to Daytona and got a set from my teammate, It slowly began to feel awesome.

Still trying to get used to the sound though.
Check the weekly threads in the Radical forum. Usually people post sets there.

Nice screenshots Ava.

Havin' fun with the MP4.
amazing screenshots guys!

also. how can i be so terrible at oval racing :l
These screenshots make me want to resub. But I know I would regret it after driving around for a few laps.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :These screenshots make me want to resub. But I know I would regret it after driving around for a few laps.

Same here
Quote from Töki (HUN) :These screenshots make me want to resub. But I know I would regret it after driving around for a few laps.

I wouldn't make it past turn 3 without suffering buyers regret.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG