The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Are they running any promo at the moment? My subscription expired a month ago, but I didn't have money at the time.
Yes the car is the best looking car in iRacing atm. But it is also really fun to drive. Great for close racing.
BMW signed. No info just yet.
3 cars for BMW:
1. Z4 GT3
2. E92 GT2
3. 320si or 1 series for BTCC.

Confirmed by Steve.
Quote from PMD9409 :

shame because both of them will be destroyed by the better looking and better handling Civic
Quote from JackDaMaster :shame because both of them will be destroyed by the better looking and better handling Civic

At least it'll shut the RWD moaners up.
Quote from PMD9409 :3 cars for BMW:
1. Z4 GT3
2. E92 GT2

Confirmed by Steve.

No GTE Z4? Lame...
Why would you want a GTE Z4 when you could race the GT3 version against a McLaren?
Hard to produce something that isn't even established yet.
Quote from boothy :Why would you want a GTE Z4 when you could race the GT3 version against a McLaren?

I can't get your logic, sorry...

Quote from PMD9409 :Hard to produce something that isn't even established yet.

I'm pretty sure any BMW won't be released before 12h of Sebring, so collecting data during tests are probably smartest way. Also you can bring drivers some new content, not car that has been in many simulators as mod for a long time.
Quote from TypeRacing :I can't get your logic, sorry...

????????????

Z4 GT3 vs MP4-12C GT3 is it that hard to understand

or would you rather have Z4 GTE vs invisible car
Quote from TypeRacing :I can't get your logic, sorry...

I'm pretty sure any BMW won't be released before 12h of Sebring, so collecting data during tests are probably smartest way. Also you can bring drivers some new content, not car that has been in many simulators as mod for a long time.

The amount of sense made is impossible to see here.
Best (sim)racing video I have ever seen. Footage, camera work AND music that fits flawlessly..

http://youtu.be/y_WbYGuR90E

*: don't know to post it embedded
is that still the NASCAR Racing 2003 Season engine just pimped out graphically ?
Have no ideea, I don't play iRacing . (although I have to admit that after seeing this video, I have signed for a 3 months free trial..).

Don't know about their history either, but in this video the car behavior seems right in my book. The only thing I really hold against "them" is the subscription concept.. I could MAYBE undestand it for online play, but to pay a consistent sum of money and at the end NOT beeing able to use it even offline.. outrageous.

Anyways, I've posted the video just for sharing and admiting that looks good; I have no intention to start a debate to defend or not iRacing.
Doh. Seems like Kraemmer will have my money again then. Damn.
Quote :Next season, every series will run every day (7 days per week). A given series will either go off either every hour, every 2 hours or every 4 hours depending on popularity. Simple as that. Schedule will be the same every day so hopefully over-time it will instinctively become familiar to members which hopefully will lead to more participation for several reasons. For example rookie street stock might go off every hour at :15 and legends at :45. Silver Crown Car for example might go off every 4 hours at :30 to try and group people interested in that car and still covers all time zones. I think for those that just want to login when they have free time, should always be something of interest, especially the more popular series, while at the same time I don't think we have added that much more racing that fields will not be full. The membership is also growing which allows us to do this. Every car at this point is included and running 7 days per week, and several of them are in multiple series because of either mixed class or because both open and fixed car setup series for car. Steve Myers slugging away on all this.

Also working on special Events including World Tour Events and the NASCAR iRacing 2013 Series which will follow the Sprint Cup every week as an event series. 36 races I think with 6 drop weeks open to all. Will announce that hopefully next week.

Also while on subject of racing schedule, web guys working on a new home page, sort of replacing "What's Hot" to better able to see all your racing options for official racing. Design right now is sort of like a TV Guide and much easier to see everything and providing a longer preview of what is coming versus just the next half hour. Still in design phase so will not be in coming build and a pretty big data & web engineering project behind the scenes to keep site running smoothly. Again, idea is to better see what is going on, coming etc when you login.

Nice, always hated that the radical was only on weekends for example, give me driver swaps and 50% on a year and I might even resub.
Quote :Certainly not losing much of anything but doing some tweaking, have to go back and look. One premise in doing this is always wanted a variety of popular fixed and open series, including MC going off at least hourly. On a side note, thinking of putting McLaren with DP car instead of Mustang. Mustang will still have stand-alone series and season 2 thinking of also adding Mustang back as well in MC with Cadillac as possibility so will be back in two series. We can't do that for 3 more months because of our contract with Cadillac. McLaren will also be GT series like now.

I believe some will enjoy this change.
Quote from troy :Nice, always hated that the radical was only on weekends for example, give me driver swaps and 50% on a year and I might even resub.

The Radical had been changed to 7 days a week since the start of S4.
They're also now bringing in some new cars:

NASCAR 2013 Car

We can have either a Ford or Chevy (!!!!!) and they race together against each other (!!!!!!!), but they share the "same physics". And you have to buy them separately..... i.e. pay for the same car twice...... subtle edit: is the difference between the cars in NASCAR really so small that you can model them as the same??

Kia Optima
Same deal as with the Caddy, so hopefully it'll be free. FWD 274bhp. Races in the class below the Caddy in whatever RL series it races in. Some American series with lots of letters IIRC.
Woohoo!!1!1 a Kia!!111!!!!!

At last... I've been dreaming of the day we would have a Kia in a top sim. Can't think of anything more awesome.
Pfft. I'll resub when there's a Dacia.
Fair enough they need to cover licensing costs, but never in a million years will I spend the $12 just for a ford sticker on the front of my A car instead of a Chevy sticker.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG