The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
That new Chevy sticker isn't free either, you must choose one.
Quote from PMD9409 :That new Chevy sticker isn't free either, you must choose one.

At least you get 6$ credited back to you if you buy the Chevy though.
You get the $6 credit before the car comes out I believe. You can use the credit for either the Chevy or the Ford.
the ford looks nicer :P
Having read it again I think if you buy the "old" cup car in the 90 days before the "new" cup car release date you get all your money ($11.95) back. I think. It's not worded that well

Quote :As far as price of the cars, we want to be as fair as possible, but we still have licenses to honor with the manufacturers along with the costs associated with cars that we need to recoup. Our plan is to sell both cars at normal prices of $11.95. However, if you own the existing Chevy class A cup car, on or before February 25th, we will give you $6 of credit (basically 50%). If we release the new car before the 25th, we will also move the date up to the day before the car releases for getting the credit. Additionally, if you bought the car in the last 90 days from February 25th or the date we end up with, we will give you full credit, $11.95 instead of the $6 (so you essentially received the old cup car for free if purchased in last 90 days). Again, the Ford Fusion will simply be a new car at normal price of $11.95 but you don’t need it to drive in the series or own it to still see it out on track if you own only the Chevy and vice versa.

Worth pointing out that, at the minute (although apparently they are fixing this "soon"), if you want a hosted race with the new cup car you're gonna have to fork out for both.......
One might say it stopped nearly instantly.
It did break the wall though.
Looks like a good use of tires to me.
Quote from J@tko :Having read it again I think if you buy the "old" cup car in the 90 days before the "new" cup car release date you get all your money ($11.95) back. I think. It's not worded that well

Worth pointing out that, at the minute (although apparently they are fixing this "soon"), if you want a hosted race with the new cup car you're gonna have to fork out for both.......

I read it the other way.
After a few weeks of testing of the McLaren, more refined assessments of its physics are emerging. According to Jav from gtplanet, to be fast you need to set the differential very low. But while with values above 95 it "feels like a real car, it pushes but with good technique you can manage it", with values below 95 "it just feels stupid, the damn thing will do a 180 at 60mph going on a straight line". More on the behaviour with low diff:

Quote from Jav from gtplanet :when you step on it it picks the front tires off the ground and tightens the turn radius (...) it's like the thing picks the front off the ground and steers by speed differential on the rears whatever steering angle you had in turn in becomes totally irrelevant!

Can you comments if you experienced the same and if this how the real car too is supposed to behave.
Lol i doubt a car is supposed to be lifted of the ground
Quote from carfetish :
Can you comments if you experienced the same and if this how the real car too is supposed to behave.

Differential steer is a real phenomenon. If the outside wheel gets considerably more torque than the inside wheel (say, via a torque-biasing diff capable of 3:1 torque bias), the outside wheel will try to push the outside of the car forward with more force, turning the car. The opposite happens with open-diff cars when the inside wheel gets all the torque when it starts to spin, causing the inside to be pushed forward and causing the car to resist turning. It's one of the reasons why limited slip differentials are more favored for drifting.

However, I don't know if it should be that pronounced as he describes in the McLaren. There's probably ways to quantify it via the telemetry.
The McLaren is so easy to drive, feels like an arcade game to be honest, don't understand how anyone can lose control of that to be honest.
Quote from JackDaMaster :1.6 seconds off at mosport D

I did about 5laps if you took the time to look with the baseline set.
Season 1 schedule
Quote :Attached is the 2013 Season 1 schedule. The schedule has been built from scratch with a fresh look at race participation and track configurations that are the most popular in the service by car. With the help of a tool created by iRacing member Joachim Boeddeker we have analyzed every piece of historical data regarding race and hosted sessions to help come up with the track selections.

You will notice that the time schedule has changed for almost every series as well. Our most popular series have races running every hour of every day and our weaker series in regards to participation have moved to every four hours daily. The bulk of the series will remain with the "every two hour' schedule every day. The good news is that every series has daily races allowing you to find a race in your favorite series during peak racing times.

As always we will be watching the participation and will make adjustments for season 2 if they are needed.

Steve

Attached files
2013 season 1 Schedule.pdf - 126.5 KB - 297 views
if anyone wants the half off renewal code iscam emailed me let me know its for one year
Was Charlotte on the Carb Cup schedule before??
http://members.iracing.com/jfo ... t/25/2469677.page#5154094
Quote from Tony Gardner :
Here is the update on Teams.

Unfortunately not much coming in this end of January build in regard to Teams. We were able to take out the 1 or 2 second lag for spotters so now, no lag between spotter and driver if spotting for a driver, real-time in other words. Also did some other spotter clean-up.

Right now still working on crew chief portion but will not be in build but guessing/hoping will be in April build. That should be the next piece. Right now we can actually swap drivers and have that working but so much else to deal with like how it all it works in the pits, race control, how to handle the data, the webside and reporting aspects, creating the teams, team web pages and rules engineered around that, official versus hosted, and on and on so still a ways to go. Those things all in different stages but hopeful the whole team project is completed this year but again will be in stages.

Thanks for your patience. It just turned out to be much bigger and more work than we expected but should be awesome and very unique when ae are done.

In response to someone talking about lack of dynamics in iRacing
Quote from Tony Gardner :FYI, Ryan, we really want to add many more dynamics to iRacing. No two races are the same or look the same and strategy and dealing wth things becoming more important just like the real world. Going to take time however. Working on it.

Scawen probably coded driver swaps in less than a day. Such a simple addition. It's taking iracing 2.5 Years!. Please stop giving them your money. What a ridiculous con job.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG