The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
And yet it takes 4 years to code one track and one car when iR does dozen in a few months
iR still sucks, god I already regret spending so much money on it. Then I ragequitted because of that stupid SR system... I did quite a few races without any mistakes, my SR increased nicely. Then in 1 race some tard raped almost the whole field and my SR dropped back to where it was at the beginning. No more bullshit, thanks. It's not fun when you work hard on something and it's ruined in a few seconds.
So is life.... Everything you worked hard for can be gone in less then a few seconds. If I'd crash my M3 somewhere on a driftevent and it's total loss... That's 3 years of hard work and spending every bit of money I had, gone. Would not say wasted because it was worth it

I however do enjoy iRacing from time to time. I dropped allot in SR due to a few bad races but it comes back as quickly if you drive good results.
Roland o/ I admit the SR system was frustrating when getting in to it, but you ragequitted because you lost -0.32 SR in a race when you're already A-class licensed? Cmon, that's nothing, it was a low SoF race, happenZ.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :iR still sucks, god I already regret spending so much money on it. Then I ragequitted because of that stupid SR system... I did quite a few races without any mistakes, my SR increased nicely. Then in 1 race some tard raped almost the whole field and my SR dropped back to where it was at the beginning. No more bullshit, thanks. It's not fun when you work hard on something and it's ruined in a few seconds.

Oh yeah because you got a 4x at the start it meant you lost your class A licence and you couldn't drive in a class B series anymore? The great thing is we can all see your stats, and see you got 12 incidents in your last race, most of which came from you going off track or losing control.

But if your biggest complaint is with the SR system, then iRacing can't be that bad. For christ sake I have over 7 inc/race this year, yet I still have a B 3.0 licence
Quote from anttt69 :Scawen probably coded driver swaps in less than a day. Such a simple addition. It's taking iracing 2.5 Years!. Please stop giving them your money. What a ridiculous con job.

It's not the same thing anyway. For iRacing its a much bigger deal to make it an automated system and not screw the stats. LFS doesn't actually do that properly atm, you often see the race results on the lfsw site look weird after a driver swap, it doesnt function 100% correctly. And well don't really see how it's a con when you haven't had to pay anything for the driver swap feature as of yet.
Quote from IsaacPrice :It's not the same thing anyway. For iRacing its a much bigger deal to make it an automated system and not screw the stats. LFS doesn't actually do that properly atm, you often see the race results on the lfsw site look weird after a driver swap, it doesnt function 100% correctly.

Looks fine to me, do you have an example? Though of course, iRacing is one step ahead of LFS in that you can rejoin and it'll remember the laps you've done.
Quote from crazyskypimp :and yet it takes 4 years to code one track and one car when ir does dozen in a few months

:d
Sweet. they have racing line. I can sub again now! :P
They've had racing line!
Quote from boothy :Oh yeah because you got a 4x at the start it meant you lost your class A licence and you couldn't drive in a class B series anymore? The great thing is we can all see your stats, and see you got 12 incidents in your last race, most of which came from you going off track or losing control.

But if your biggest complaint is with the SR system, then iRacing can't be that bad. For christ sake I have over 7 inc/race this year, yet I still have a B 3.0 licence

Unfortunately I have no idea what my last race was, thanks to this pay-or-you-get-nothing system, since I can't even access the members site. I did practise before joining races so I had some idea what I'm doing, I never crashed because that was my first time on track. Of course I got some stupid inc points for leaving the track, touching the grass, going over the curbs etc, who doesn't. It just bugs me that whatever I do, a random dude comes from somewhere and fecks my stats up and I can start all over again. After some time it gets really annoying and kills the fun. I'm not saying I never fail. If any of these accidents were my fault, I wouldn't complain. I know I'm not the only one, obviously others don't care as much about it as I do, it's fine.

Maybe I shouldn't give a damn, they're just numbers.

Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Roland o/ I admit the SR system was frustrating when getting in to it, but you ragequitted because you lost -0.32 SR in a race when you're already A-class licensed? Cmon, that's nothing, it was a low SoF race, happenZ.

Hehe, well yes. To be honest I'm thinking on resubbing (a bit) watching those awesome streams @ Glacier. And I heard bimmers are coming as well.
Thats what I do. Ive stopped giving too much of a damn. I just race anything and everything now. Since september I've raced Lotus, DP, Star Mazda, Solstice, Miata, HPD, Vette, McLaren, Skip, and even the damn Mustang.
Quote from jrd.racer :Thats what I do. Ive stopped giving too much of a damn. I just race anything and everything now. Since september I've raced Lotus, DP, Star Mazda, Solstice, Miata, HPD, Vette, McLaren, Skip, and even the damn Mustang.

Well cause if you wanted to race only 1 class.. you'd race once a week when your 1 lotus race occurs.
Quote from boothy :Looks fine to me, do you have an example? Though of course, iRacing is one step ahead of LFS in that you can rejoin and it'll remember the laps you've done.

Bit off topic so replied as a PM.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well cause if you wanted to race only 1 class.. you'd race once a week when your 1 lotus race occurs.

LOL for the Lotus that is kinda true. Well atleast next season all series will be running 7 days a week.
Are there any promo codes for re-subscribers?

E: Never mind, I just renewed.
A heads up for anyone that got that 6-months-free Cadillac deal - you're about to get charged for an automatic six-month renewal (try explaining those 60 extra bucks in your dad's credit card bill using that excuse and see where it will get you). Cancel your subscription while you can. :dogrun:
My account > Cancel/Renew Membership > Check "Cancel autobilling"

Voilá.
Pretty much half the time I go onto iRacing now I see that screen, there's always some problem or another, the other day apparently there was a "firewall" problem that took it down for a couple of hours. Honestly, they have more downtime than those dodgy free webhosts.
Quote :Possible general drafting/slipstream aero changes to all cars which should help side drafting. This will impact how the cars drive at SS and intermediates.
Possible tire carcass & compound changes to the high level stockcars (A, B, C).
Possible steering model updates to all or most cars, including the stockcars.
Track bar will have a max rake rule like was introduced past halfway this past NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season at all tracks, not just SS tracks.
We are working on the new 13 cars, no eta on those.
I'm running out of time to get any other changes in for next season, but hopefully we'll have some of the above and maybe a few more minor things.

Quote :I'll give you guys a few tips leading into next season. The truck is probably going to change in how you need to set it up. These are a few things you'll need to know:

1) The tires will have less grip, this is going to be applied to the other high level stockcars too. However, over-limit tire performance will be much improved, so it should feel more recoverable.

2) I've found a problem with the collision system that is allowing the truck to achieve more rear travel than it should, hence you'll not be able to run with minimum rear springs any longer. A 450# RR is probably going to be the limit at places like CLT, TEX, ATL, etc. In fact, the same problem exists on the Impala A, although not the B or the national car.

3) I've 'plugged' a hole in the aero map that made it faster to run with the nose up. The problem was the raw numbers weren't allowing near enough downforce loss with that sort of configuration. For 2013S1 you'll no doubt have to control nose attitude much better to be able to make the corners in good fashion at the typically grip limited tracks.

Bottom line is nose down and ass end up, at least to some degree, or you'll be slow. For instance, the baked in 2012S4 Charlotte fixed set is 2 to 3 tenths faster than pole sitting, race winning setups from 2012S4 with the new changes during our testing.

Happy trails!

Thank you Deko

Quote from Eric Hudec :Possible tire carcass & compound changes to the high level stockcars (A, B, C). [...] The tires [of the truck] will have less grip, this is going to be applied to the other high level stockcars too. However, over-limit tire performance will be much improved, so it should feel more recoverable.

This sounds exactly like the NTM update that made the Mclaren the "safest to drive car ever in simracing", which has been so much praised for its record low number of incidents in the MP4 races. It seems we're only going to get that NTM fix for the oval stock cars for this build. So the F1 championship will be updated while in progress, and we'll have to wait April's build to see if even the V8 and Ford (the two most handful cars), will get as safe as the Mclaren.

Another possibility is that the steering model update (this one expected for most cars next week), will prove to be not so subtle for some cars.
In their defence, both quotes are a direct response to a question in the Impala A and Truck C forums, so maybe that's why only oval is talked about.
im gonna fire up my cracked version tonight and see how this game is still a pos. just for fun
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG