The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from atledreier :Well, can't you just up the force in the sim so you get a nice balance of small forces and just accept the clipping if you hit the ditch? No point preserving the full force of a ditch if it means limp noodle steering 99% of the time.

Yeah I thought so too, and although it improved it didn't really get better... It's still limp, it just jerks more when there is real force... I don't know, maybe there is a magic setting I just haven't discovered yet...
Quote from bbman :Rockingham US != Rockingham UK

Did they include the new SAFER Barriers in the iRacing Rockingham or did they leave them out? Curious.
I recommend everyone gives the L79 a try, it's phenomenal on the NTM, doesn't have any of the usual NTM problems, cold tyres aren't faster, it can slide and be caught, tyres don't turn to mush after 1 tiny slide. It's fantastic, if you're not driving it you're missing out on the best car on the service at the moment.
Quote from Cornys :Did they include the new SAFER Barriers in the iRacing Rockingham or did they leave them out? Curious.

They only scanned it a few months ago iirc (or sometime around the truck race), so yes, safer barriers included (also its bumpy as shit)
Quote from DeKo :I recommend everyone gives the L79 a try, it's phenomenal on the NTM, doesn't have any of the usual NTM problems, cold tyres aren't faster, it can slide and be caught, tyres don't turn to mush after 1 tiny slide. It's fantastic, if you're not driving it you're missing out on the best car on the service at the moment.

Is it possible that the L79 is running a preview of the NTM5 while the other NTM cars are on older iterations?
Quote from carfetish :Is it possible that the L79 is running a preview of the NTM5 while the other NTM cars are on older iterations?

I'm not sure, to be honest I think it's got more to do with being bias-ply.
Quote from DeKo :I'm not sure, to be honest I think it's got more to do with being bias-ply.

Probably. The Street Stock is also bias-ply and it is one of the better controlling cars out there.
Quote from carfetish :Is it possible that the L79 is running a preview of the NTM5 while the other NTM cars are on older iterations?

Well by definition each car has it's own specific tyre model. So this is irrelevant anyway.
Quote from MadCat360 :Probably. The Street Stock is also bias-ply and it is one of the better controlling cars out there.

bias-ply tyres are inherently more driveable on the limit, hence the old cars are more 'drivable' (drifty)
Quote from JackDaMaster :bias-ply tyres are inherently more driveable on the limit, hence the old cars are more 'drivable' (drifty)

Yep. The problem is the bias ply cars feel like the radial cars should. The Street Stock just feels like it's on street sports tires, not bias ply.

I was talking to a historics racer about driving on bias ply and he said it was so stupidly easy to drive on them with his Morgan that he frequently did point-bys on test days while in the middle of a high speed corner at extreme slip angles. The SS may be easier to drive than the other cars on iRacing, but it's not one-handed opposite lock easy (for me).
I agree the iRacing cars are too hard to control in a slide.

I'm not used to rwd cars at all, but I could consistently drift my friend's RX-7 on Toyo R888 after driving it 10 minutes.
Quote from atledreier :I agree the iRacing cars are too hard to control in a slide.

I'm not used to rwd cars at all, but I could consistently drift my friend's RX-7 on Toyo R888 after driving it 10 minutes.

Radical change of conversation here but what is your name on iRacing?
Atle Dreier. I like to keep my usernames simple..
Haha Cool.
So, news on teh other cars this build? Got better/mor driveable than before?

I keep hearing good things about the Lotus 79 and the Skippy. How about the Miata, is that still trying to kill you?
I’ve been sent a promo code - 1 year for $59 (40% save). Offer expires on 31st December.

If anyone wants, I can send, although I'm not sure, because it says "Offer is not transferable", hmm...
Quote from Flame CZE :I’ve been sent a promo code - 1 year for $59 (40% save). Offer expires on 31st December.

If anyone wants, I can send, although I'm not sure, because it says "Offer is not transferable", hmm...

same here

but i dont want it ..NEVER

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Quote from atledreier :So, news on teh other cars this build? Got better/mor driveable than before?

I keep hearing good things about the Lotus 79 and the Skippy. How about the Miata, is that still trying to kill you?

Miata isnt bad, but I like the Solstice. Still havn't driven the Skyppy or the Lotus but the Radical is just so awesome. Pretty much all I drive now.
Amost a year in this shit and the only car I can drive and stay on the track it's the Dallara, it's like driving on ice with the other cars.
After the last build I drifted pretty much the full track at Laguna in the Mustang, probably could do so at Okayama too. It feels a lot easier to drift now.
any annoucements of any black friday deals ? wouldn't mind resubbing
I think there is one. One year for $49. Should be on the main site or member site.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG