The online racing simulator
That should be fixed now The record for FE Gold/FXR-GT2 was incorrectly set and had been deleted, and that was confusing the page a bit
thx sam, when you are in germany, a good bottle of beer waits for you
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :thx sam, when you are in germany, a good bottle of beer waits for you

Woot! Count me in! FREE BEER!!
I just tried to mid race join on UF-BR and was told I am currently barred from mid race joins. Yet I don't see anything in my profile or have any reports which are a result of mid race joins. Any idea why this might be so?
I'll get someone to look into it and process your appeal. It's possible that midrace join privileges have been suspended in error. I'm having some PC issues at the moment, and I'm a bit detatched from the other CTRA admins.
Quote from SamH :I'll get someone to look into it and process your appeal. It's possible that midrace join privileges have been suspended in error. I'm having some PC issues at the moment, and I'm a bit detatched from the other CTRA admins.

ta very much...
Report ID 19454 is the report that the MRJ is related to. I can confirm that it is not in error.
Blocking MRJ is specifically intended to be for midrace joiners who fail to heed the "give way signs". Yeager wasn't a midrace joiner, and was actively participating in the race. I've just watched the replay entirely (good race, actually!) and handled the appeal meself
.. Never did I say I read the report (or watched the replay), all I said is that the X-System ain't ****ing up, and in fact that his account DID have a MRJ restriction.
Quote from SamH :Blocking MRJ is specifically intended to be for midrace joiners who fail to heed the "give way signs". Yeager wasn't a midrace joiner, and was actively participating in the race. I've just watched the replay entirely (good race, actually!) and handled the appeal meself

Thanks Sam. I thought this report was close to the line and I hoped I was interpreting the rules as written.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :.. Never did I say I read the report (or watched the replay), all I said is that the X-System ain't ****ing up, and in fact that his account DID have a MRJ restriction.

And all fixed now, I just wanted to report this incase it was indeed a bug.
seriously....
some of us are taking the bump & jump server pretty seriously.
but the track cycling is odd.
i see there are a few that very rarely or never get cycled in.
could u look into this?
the racing between some of us is close and intense, and a whole lotta fun.
just wanna mix it up some more.
thx a pant-load.
z-ro 8
Yeah... For some reason, layouts like The Maze on BL3 and Wobbly Oval on AU, rarely or even never get cycled. Can someone fix this? Oh and by the way, why is the layout cycling random?

Thanks in advance.
Same for GT2 and UF-BR Unfortunately the subroutine I wrote to pick out and list the cars in use on the server has no way of knowing the voluntary restrictions in place. Next time I visit that code, I'll have a think about how to pull the additional car info.
Clicking anyone on the server list kinda doesnt work. It just says: FIND DETAILED RACING STATISTICS FOR CTRA RACER, beneath all the usual bumph
Yep, someone has highlighted a vulnerability for the script kiddies to take advantage of so while I create a workaround, some of the site pages aren't going to work. Shouldn't take long
Sam, Can I make two suggestions for changes to the website?

1. Can you make it possible so we can sort by the "Diff" and "Track" columns on our personal best charts? I find it useful to see where I have a big difference in times with the WR and also analyse by track to see if certain cars i'm loosing time on.

2. I like the way the "Diff" time is in red for very large differences. Any chance you could maybe colour cells in green for when the diff is within 5% or so of the WR?
At some point, I will definitely offer the option to order by difference. It's not possible at the moment because the lap record comparison is done in-line. I'll be adding more colour-coding to the times, too
Quote from SamH :At some point, I will definitely offer the option to order by difference. It's not possible at the moment because the lap record comparison is done in-line. I'll be adding more colour-coding to the times, too

Can i have my 20 or so lap records flash up in Gold with stars coming out of them? lol just kidding :P

I think the site looks FAB Sam Well done mate! keep up the good work!
Quote :The CTRA offers a selection of LFS servers to licenced racers. Entry requirements vary between servers and with the exception of Race 1 and Single Seater 1, access is restricted accordingly. You can see the current server state of all CTRA servers on this page.

I found that here : http://www.raceauthority.com/servers.asp

Actually, The UF Baby-R server and the Bump'n'Jump are also open to everybody.
Thanks! I need to rewrite that section now, and fluff it up a little
today i realized a bug on the myctra-section, while be surprised about all the new features (was a while away from lfs and ctra) :

in the new section "CTRA Participation Statistics" i have under "Races this month: show newest first" all my points and positions listed with bar and with really nice tooltips. but that i only get with opera9.61 and ie but not with firefox3.03. did you know that?
Hmm.. yep, I see that it's not working with the latest Firefox or actually with Google Chrome. I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is
It's been working consistently for me in Firefox.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG