The online racing simulator
Quote from Renku :Yes, an addon - FxIF 0.2.3.
Firefox Add-ons page
Homepage

Cool, thank you. Will check it out.

Quote :thanks yes its my gf im in china if i was to sell it id get 10 bucks for it lol

heres some more of the latest

Ah, I see, it's a show so must have been a setup. I originally thought it was from a bike race or something. Had it been an "accident" at a bike race, it would have been worth much more than $10...
Why you should get yourself a backup battery........

Working on the exterior of the house with the wife, kids (7 and 4) are inside enjoying being "alone". I'm on a ladder, wife is handing me tools when she barks out, "A blimp!"

She runs inside yelling to the kids, "Hurry! There's a blimp outside!" We live in a very rural area (40 miles from anything) and, well, a blimp really excites us

She's trying to get the kids outside, I'm running to the back of the house for my camera. We have a huge field beside and behind our house. We can hear it coming from above the trees across the road. It breaks past the trees and there it is. The kids are excited, I'm excited. I've got the camera, setting the aperture in A mode because anything in the sky gets very bad purple fringing at low apertures. Snap.....

I'm going to get tons of shots as it passes by us over the field. Or so I thought. I bring the camera back up to my eye for a 2nd shot and it's dark. Turn it on and I see the battery indicator (only indicates when batteries are dead).

I don't have backup batteries. They are 4 AA batteries. I have a giant pile of AA batteries in the garage from the RC airplanes. I run to the garage, frantically tossing batteries in the camera and nothing. None of them have any life left to run the camera. The only shot I got was the first shot even though I use 4 AA NiMH batteries which are dirt stinkin cheap to buy....

Have to say though, I'm pretty stinkin happy with the first shot....
Convinced my dad to buy a used D50 today.

Now I just have to convince him to give it to me.
Quote from mrodgers : I use 4 AA NiMH batteries which are dirt stinkin cheap to buy....

Energizer Lithiums are more expensive but absolutely worth every penny. Some of the other photographers I shoot weddings with use normal NiMH cells and they have to change their flash batteries at least once in an eight hour shoot... My lithiums generally last two eight hour sessions and have much better recycle times when used with powerful flashes.
I have canon powershot g9.. well it isn't really a slr camera but it's close to..

Here are few pics:

Aww I hate to resize the pics.
you can find more pics from my sites&download hires photograph packs(4000x3000)-> signature..
Attached images
IMG_0282.jpg
kesä 471.jpg
kesä -.jpg
IMG_1179.jpg
IMG_1283.jpg
IMG_1225r.jpg
IMG_1190re.jpg
#581 - Don
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :I have canon powershot g9.. well it isn't really a slr camera but it's close to..

Not even close to an SLR... But it is a nice non-dSLR camera. I would have gone with a G9 had I known anything about photography when I bought my camera.

How did you get attached photos in the middle of your post like that? If I attach, they always end up at the bottom.

Quote from Don :back to rallying for me

I am still stunned at how sharp your images are. It is mind boggling. Shot #33 (wish you numbered them, I had to wake the kids up to count because I ran out of fingers... ) really shows your sharpness off. You could cut steel with your sharpness.

Wish they fit my screen too, so I could see the whole image....

I still wonder how you get them so sharp. I've looked at plenty of photos on photography forums and have yet to see something that sharp with the same equipment you are using. There has to be a trick....
Quote from mrodgers :How did you get attached photos in the middle of your post like that? If I attach, they always end up at the bottom.

Just attach them manually from "attachments" after you have uploaded the pics
Don - really top stuff!

And, since I came across this thread, a few photos of a street parked Fiat Nuova 500. Tata Nano may be larger

(mrogers - you can't cut melted butter with this one's sharpness :razz

Cheers,
The wonders of Photoshop:

A few simple landscape shots from my first permanent day out here in Santa Fe. Gotta love the colors in this part of the country:

(these are entirely unprocessed--straight out of the camera--dust spots and all)

http://ashleyuk08.diinoweb.com/files/London/?gallery select few pics of my wee trip to London yesterday, Please comment

EDIT: ok for those who dont wanna click the link :P I've also uploaded resized versions to here.
Attached images
Picture 134.jpg
Picture 139.jpg
Picture 168.jpg
Picture 167.jpg
Picture 130.jpg
Picture 155.jpg
DWB, those are some beautiful colours and very pleasing, relaxing photos. Wish I was in Santa Fe it looks lovely for just ambling about with the camera.

No ambling around for me, I was in Amsterdam last week. Here's some shots.

First, some standard touristy snapshots...

#1 The Rijksmuseum at the far end of the Museumplein

#2 Some leaning houses by a canal. No that's not lens distortion, they really do lean outwards like that.

#3 "De Oude Kerk" - as you'll never guess such a difficult translation, this is "The Old Church".

#4 *cough*... *wheeze*...

#5 The very well-kept bandstand in the Vondelpark

#6 In the butterfly house at Hortus Botanicus (the botanical gardens)

#7 And of course, the obligatory Amsterdam "no originality" shot.

And a couple of more heavily processed shots. My personal preference is to not do too much PP to my photos, keeping them as (hopefully!) pleasing but realistic representations of how things really looked. But I couldn't resist playing with some of these photos a bit more.

On the final full day there, I was tired from walking around so much and spent a good couple of hours chilling at Leidseplein in a pavement cafe with a couple of cold beers, people watching. So I figured I'd have a go at candid street photography. Jeez, it's hard! Here's a couple of better results from my first attempt.

#10 Big guys on little bikes

#11 Heavy metal
Well done, STROBE. My favorite is probably #6. Great DOF and awesome colours!

DWB, beautiful scenery over in Santa Fe!
Finally got my Nikkor 50mm f1.8. These are some of the first Shots i took with it. More on my Flickr Account.

These pics are from imatras' remembrance motorbike races

M3

Giacomo Agostini

Some

Awww bad pictures! Bad quality soz for that, someone has messed camera! =normal quality
Attached images
bg2.jpg
agostini.jpg
IMG_4149 copy.jpg
IMG_4095c.jpg
IMG_4153c.jpg
IMG_4201c.jpg
#593 - Don
Quote from STROBE :
#3 "De Oude Kirk" - as you'll never guess such a difficult translation, this is "The Old Church".

Actually it's 'De Oude Kerk'. You pronounce the 'e' like you pronounce 'air', but a bit shorter. :P

Nice pictures btw!
Quote from Darkone55 :Actually it's 'De Oude Kerk'. You pronounce the 'e' like you pronounce 'air', but a bit shorter. :P

Nice pictures btw!

Oops, thanks for the correction!

Thanks (and to Speedy Pro also) for the comments.
a couple more inches and it was eat my dust, my car and me with it.
Bmup!

Had to update my site and to satisfy my design needs, a photoshoot had to be organized as stock photos would not have cut it. That's me underneath.

A simple RAW conversion ready for post-processing. Shot with three triggered flashes and two cameras (one on tripod for wide shots and interior, second hand held).

End result here: www.mikkohuotari.com

Some more from the photoshoot.
Very slick, spanky.

One thing, though...

"an advice" doesn't really work in idiomatic English. Might want to try "some advice" or "a piece of advice."

edit: also, is that a dust spot in the upper right?

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG