DSC_0034.jpg
DSC_0038.jpg
DSC_0055.jpg
DSC_0064.jpg
DSC_0072.jpg
DSC_0083.jpg
DSC_0108.jpg
Holidays, Mr. Highsider?
just had a visit form my mentor( a student eacher relations person sort of thing to do with my school system) and another studemnt who i have met before is doing an art coures and as part of it is doing light graffiti and she has asked me to to the photography side of it obviously cos ive got the kit to do it so has anyone done it before and if so what tips have you got

also the course he is doing has several options and one of them is photography and there gonna try and enter me for it
I also did some shots, slightly edited.
Attached images
IMG_0294_desaturated_1280x800.jpg
IMG_0296_1280x800.jpg
IMG_1383_1280x800.jpg
IMG_2164_1280x800.jpg
I just bought an old Spotmatic (60s-era screwmount M42 film camera by Pentax). Have the first roll of film in it today, and the 55mm f/1.8 screwed on... should be fun to see how it does.
Quote from james12s :just had a visit form my mentor( a student eacher relations person sort of thing to do with my school system) and another studemnt who i have met before is doing an art coures and as part of it is doing light graffiti and she has asked me to to the photography side of it obviously cos ive got the kit to do it so has anyone done it before and if so what tips have you got

also the course he is doing has several options and one of them is photography and there gonna try and enter me for it

Well i used to do it on my digital camera, which had a fireworks mode setting and i just did it with that.
I've not tried it with my SLR camera yet but im sure whatever your using itd be the same.
Simply set the shutter speed to something around 3-6 seconds is best. Anything longer then this and you have to draw in the air slower for the camera to capture it.
Then just put your camera on a tripod or something steady, put a self timer on.
Then when its taking the photo just use a UV light or something similar to draw in the air
yh ive done a bit of experimenting tonight, although its not gonna be me doing the writing it will be someone else im just gonna be the guy behind the camera. but here is what i got on one of my attempts, all ive don is change the colour in photoshop and cropped it
Attached images
IMG_0617altered.jpg
Ahah right, nicee.
But if your just the guy behind the camera then theres not much to do.
All you've really got to do is set the shutter speed to something slow, but not too slow. And make sure their is enough/not too much light entering the camera.
And make sure the camera is steady, hence the tripod

Light Graffiti is really fun when you have lots of lights and strings
yh i will probably have a go myself and sort of help the creative proccess but the main job is basicly as the photographer lol
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Love your work! Are you some kind of pro? I'd like to do the same things that you do, art&sh't

I do pay my bills with graphic design so I guess that makes me a professional but art is very far from my regular line of work.

Boring life is boring but at least gives plenty of frustration to fuel some hobbies.

Aaand in other news: My lens collection is now finished.

In addition to the Nikkor pro-series 4th gen AF 80-200 D f/2.8 ED (from circa '97), I found another Nikkor pro AF lens, the 20-35 f/2.8, for an ok price. It's only around 15-years-old sooo... it's practically brand new! Works flawlessly on my D700 and build quality and optics are both fine indeed.

Now the uphill steepens once again as I gotta deliver better images, stoopid stoopid stoopid.
Pretty sure my lens collecting will never be done. Right now I've got:

AF:
Pentax SMC-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL II
Pentax SMC-DA 55-300mm f/4.5-5.8
Pentax SMC-FA 50mm f/1.4
Quantaray (Sigma) 100-300mm f/4.5-6.7

Manual:
Pentax SMC-M 50mm f/1.7
Pentax SMC-M 135mm f/3.5
RMC Tokina 70-210mm f/3.5
Pentax Takumar 55mm f/2 (screwmount)
Vivitar 28mm f/2.5 (screwmount)

Probably some others I'm forgetting.
lol and i have the:

Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS (450d kit lens lol)

i will be getting some more lenses soon, probably 70-300mm zoom and somehting like a 50mm prime

Get your hands off my chips will ya
Attached images
pulipulipuli.jpg
IMG_5937 asd2.jpg
Attached images
IMG_5955c.jpg
Lada 2101

Audi A4

San Marino rooftops...

And just some random sceneries...

Attached images
IMG_0496.jpg
IMG_0965.jpg
IMG_1935.jpg
IMG_1942.jpg
IMG_2957_8_9 copy.jpg
IMG_3063.jpg
IMG_3870.jpg
Thats awesome Joseph Way to go!!!!!
no wonder that got in, its bloody excellent, i love the sense of extremity to it if you get what i mean lol
It's a pretty extreme set of corners.
also the lone car makes it looks much more dremaric, a feeling of sort of lonliness facing a huge task

i know it sounds wierd but trust me lol
Did some street shooting the last couple days:

(crop of above)

That dude's dog just died from the look of him lol.

Nice b&w pictures there DWB! Good stuff.
I love some of the latest pictures by Tomba,mixer13134 and Deadwolf bones.

Especially the ones of the lada, and the railroad griffiti. And the black and white one of the builder using a shovel to get some cement

Im just wondering if anyone knows of any programmes to batch resize pictures? So like i can just select a folder and it will convert everything in that folder to a resolution of my choice?

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG