The online racing simulator
3rd K-5?
Quote from IlGuercio :3rd K-5?

Sensor stain problem is really hurting Pentax's rep, unfortunately. Not sure if it's actually Pentax or Sony at fault, but it's a mess regardless. At least Pentax is replacing them for free.

Luckily mine was fine out of the box.

Funny thing is, the stains aren't noticeable in 99% of real-world photos, and are easily cloned out of those in which they ARE visible, but of course with the internet everything gets blown out of proportion.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Sensor stain problem is really hurting Pentax's rep, unfortunately. Not sure if it's actually Pentax or Sony at fault, but it's a mess regardless. At least Pentax is replacing them for free.

Luckily mine was fine out of the box.

Funny thing is, the stains aren't noticeable in 99% of real-world photos, and are easily cloned out of those in which they ARE visible, but of course with the internet everything gets blown out of proportion.

90% of my pictures are at F16 or above, so the stains are heavily visible. Studio flashes and macro work need small apertures. All of the shots above are F20+ (exif claims F1.7 on most, because i used two lenses, one mounted on the camera at F1.7 and the other stopped down as much as possible).

Edit: I'd like to see you clone out this bitch, i dare you.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :90% of my pictures are at F16 or above, so the stains are heavily visible. Studio flashes and macro work need small apertures. All of the shots above are F20+ (exif claims F1.7 on most, because i used two lenses, one mounted on the camera at F1.7 and the other stopped down as much as possible).

Edit: I'd like to see you clone out this bitch, i dare you.

Yeah, that's obviously a different matter entirely. I tend to shoot closer to wide open, so it wouldn't be a huge deal for me.

...of course I get the problem-free sensor and you get two bad ones in a row, but that's just the universe's idea of a sense of humor...

edit: aren't you running into diffraction-related softness at f/16, though?
lol, just took mine out to test it one more time and it turns out it does indeed have a small cluster of stains near the center of the frame. Only barely visible at f/22 in a blue sky, but there nonetheless.

I guess I'll wait a few months to get it fixed once all the hysteria has died down and the turnaround time is quicker. :P
Yes i do run in to diffraction softness, and i lose crapload of contrast, but that's much easier to process digitally.
Why Leica is a doomed company?

They don't have the balls to release S2 available only in this colour scheme.

From Gizmodo comments: "Someone sat down and said, "You know what would be a good idea? A camera with a camouflage body, and white, pink, and purple accents." Then his coworkers proceeded to agree with him. That actually happened."
Quote from spankmeyer :Why Leica is a doomed company?

They don't have the balls to release S2 available only in this colour scheme.

From Gizmodo comments: "Someone sat down and said, "You know what would be a good idea? A camera with a camouflage body, and white, pink, and purple accents." Then his coworkers proceeded to agree with him. That actually happened."

Ladies and gentlemen: JAPAN!!!

edit: named after/designed by(?) this chick, apparently
My stain, btw (with considerable sharpening/clarity applied in ACR), at 100%+:

Barely visible even at f/32, but I'm still going to get it fixed, if only for the sake of resale value. :lol:
I really like that lancia photo!
niice
Some new stuff slowly pouring onto teh internets.

ahh new website finally done. many problems with crossbrowser compatibility (there's still seperate css for shitty IE and unfortunately Opera 11 doesn't support jquery plugin, I had to make special "if" for opera 11 to run the script manually)

http://majod.photo-frame.com/

edit: oh and world press photo has its winners for 2011
http://www.worldpressphoto.org ... id=292&bandwidth=high
:jawdrop: wow.
some graphical stuff there btw, dead ppl etc. so be aware
-
(Taavi(EST)) DELETED by Taavi(EST)
One trick pony...now with K-5. (stain free)

Love the last one

One i took ages ago thought i mess about with it in lightroom a little

Like that stuff a lot, Taavi. And congrats on the stain-free K-5. Mine just got dropped off at the USA repair facility. :P
Quote from Don :Czech Ken Block:
http://rallyphotos.cz/photos/c ... lock_silvestr_mikulastik/

Great Photos Don <3 ... Still trying to work out how the writing was written in the snow

Guys... How could I avoid this white spot on the cars windshield?

The rest of the image came out alright, but the windscreen annoys me. This is the same on all pictures I took. Should I have been under exposing the photos and brightening them up in lightroom?

Share your pro tips, don especially.

Eat mud
Not entirely sure, but I think a circular polarizing filter would work for you to get rid of the glare on the windshield.
use polarising filter i guess....
that MIGHT help in some situations, but im not sure it's worth using - tried it a few times and the focus/overall image quality seemed to be worse (talking about tele lens - for wide angle lens i have no prob with PL filter). anyway, I don't mind the white spot on windshield at all.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG