The online racing simulator
We got dumped on with snow. I spent my entire Saturday with a shovel, snow, and my dear yellow Lab attacking just about every shovelful that I threw. We took a few breaks from the back breaking work.....

Yummmmmy snow!

This one is for Scrabby, so I am posting in another post rather than what I just posted.....

We talked a bit about those 2 photos with the dog. If you have Photoshop, Gimp (FREE), Paintshop Pro, or any other heavier photo editing software, you can do quite a lot with photos. I took your 2 shots of the dogs and made some adjustments. I adjusted levels and added a good bit of warming to them. Any time you resize something to post on the net, you should also give them some sharpening after the resize. Resizing will make the photos go a little soft. I don't know what you used to resize those to post.

It was quick work and not perfect as you can see the tone difference between the 2 edits. Still a good bit of blue in the 2nd shot.

With snowy shots like this, there is one more thing that is a problem with the way cameras take the shot. With auto white balance, cameras do not do so well with snow. What I do is I just set the camera to custom white balance (RTFM) and use the snow to set the custom setting. That helps a lot as there was quite a lot of blue tone to the shots after adjusting the levels for exposure.

Hope you don't mind me taking the opportunity to edit a bit to show.

Oh yeah, forgot..... Amy, the yellow Lab in my above post, use to have a ball similar to your dog's ball. She does some modifications to just about all her toys though.....

LOL!
Ah ok, I see

Wel that football is the only toy remaining intact!! The other stuff allways dies within the week
Some nice pictures there M.
Quote from mrodgers :We got dumped on with snow. I spent my entire Saturday with a shovel, snow, and my dear yellow Lab attacking just about every shovelful that I threw. We took a few breaks from the back breaking work.....

Yummmmmy snow!

hehe, nice pictures. My black Labrador also likes snow.
Thanks you guys. I spent half the day outside with the dog and the kids, and the other half, I just got home from out and about with the camera for about 3 hours (about 70 miles in the car...) I took the "long" way home from the store

I've got about 250 photos to sort through now, but it has to wait until the kids are in bed.
got my 450d on saturday, been taking loads of pics getting used to it( although all the pics are awful) but heres one of mi dog
Attached images
IMG_0227small.JPG
Nice shots Migz
Some recent stuffs

Motorcycles (I got kind of hooked on shooting bikes in motion)

And some stuff that's more or less stuck to the ground

Not your typical photo post, but...

These are some photos I took tonight of my mom's paintings (she wanted to put up better representative pics for her Etsy.com site). All with the K20D and FA 50 f/1.4, done in AV mode, f/4.0, ISO 400-1600, depending:

This lens is so damn sharp...
Nice pictures! (last 2 posts) Love that sunset photo!

One of my friends shooting. The rest are dull as I am still working out this whole camera thing

lol none of my pics have an ounce of creativity yet, my main prob atm is i havent got a tripod yet(well i have, its on old cheapo thing my dad had for his camcorder, but part of the head is missing) and i want to do a bit of still life stuff
Great Shots in the last few Posts!

This Thread is the only reason why i still visit this Forum.
Mental state has been in the drains and stress in the clouds lately so all motivation has been more or less absent. Managed to get my trusty model to pose for some silly shots.

Hope you got some laughs out of these. More info at my flickr if someone's interested.
normally im not interested in photos of people, but in your case, i always like to see them, i like your style. could be cover photos for some music cd.
Quote from Don :normally im not interested in photos of people, but in your case, i always like to see them, i like your style. could be cover photos for some music cd.

Admit it Don, you just think she's HAWT!! Has nothing to do with his shooting style.

I have the same thoughts as Don. I'm not much of a people photography fan either. You do have some great style for your shots. And yes, it doesn't hurt that she is indeed.... HAWT!
I was out letting the dog do her thing tonight. While a fine snow was falling down in the freezing cold, I thought, hmm...... I grabbed the camera, flipped the flash on, stuck it out in the air facing up and snapped.

I thought it would just look like a bunch of stars in the night sky. Never thought it would look like this with the 2 on the right.

Neat!

That's rather cool, Mike!

I took an hour out, today, to go on a Dales-ward jaunt. I felt the need to take a few photos. The light was absolutely abysmal (of course, it's Yorkshire in January!) there was a stiff breeze and I was really struggling. The photos that I got were cold and barren. Felt like a complete waste of time.

Then I had the idea to put the experience I'd had, taking the photos, into the photos that I'd got with a bit of post-processing (something I'm usually very much against doing). This is the result. Even though the scene didn't LOOK like this, it really did FEEL like it.
Attached images
DSC_3284-2.jpg
Quote from spankmeyer :Mental state has been in the drains and stress in the clouds lately so all motivation has been more or less absent. Managed to get my trusty model to pose for some silly shots.

Hope you got some laughs out of these. More info at my flickr if someone's interested.

The first picture is just awesome...good job!

Highsider, very nice. I love misty/foggy shots.
lol sam, im not sure why you insist on taking pics of your freinds :P

only jokin, what sort of things did you do to that shot??
Quote from james12s :lol sam, im not sure why you insist on taking pics of your freinds :P

only jokin, what sort of things did you do to that shot??

Erm... are you referring to me with the lovely lady or SamH with the sheeps?
Quote from Toddshooter :Nice shots Migz

Thanks It would've looked a lot better if i had taken it with my new camera.
Quote from Highsider9 :

I really like these, the first one is awesome!

I'm needing some help with my camera.
Its a lovely DSLR Sony a350. But theres a certain type of photo i want to take, but my cameras being a bitch and wont do it.
What i want to be doing is something called Light Graffiti (I Think).
Which is bassicly just leaving the shutter open for a while and you just draw in the air using lights,
My Website, Click Pictures To make Them Bigger These are some pictures that i took on my old camera, and as you can see they come out pretty well.
My old camera had a mode called fireworks where the shutter was left open for about 3 seconds, but 3 seconds is just too short.

So i tried it with my new camera and it just doesn't want to do it. I know how to set the shutter speed so that its nice and slow, but if i turn off all the lights and press the shutter button my camera tries to focus, but because its pitch black it wont focus :/ And if it doesn't focus it wont take the picture. I'm sure the fix will be something extremely simple that i hadn't tried yet.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG