The online racing simulator
BMW e30 M3
(252 posts, started )
Very nice overall. The lighting is very good too. May be now you can look into some small details to make it even more photo realistic such as some 3D grass scatter around that slope, nutts on the barrrier, dirt/leaves on the edge of the road etc.
BTW, are the windows transparent? because I thought the shadow look a bit solid at the moment.
Very Nice Phonso, my only gripe with it at the moment...the Road sign probably should be a little less blurred, apart from that it looks amazing...and you know my next question LOL
New render
Attached images
e30 black1.jpg
That's really amazing. Very very nice.
Thanks

It looks nice up here:
Attached images
front sektor.JPG
Holy crap... Amazing render you have there Phonso, well done
It makes me wanna go for a spin in that BMW
i think we should ask for this car to be added to lfs... the rights to the car shouldnt be that expencive...
Quote from theirishnoob :i think we should ask for this car to be added to lfs... the rights to the car shouldnt be that expencive...

thats what you think.
Plus you would need some crazy ass PC to run full grid of these high poly cars. In other words, if you're fine with 1 FPS, let's do it lol

Edit: Also, HDR lighting is not a option in LFS
Great work! I have a new wallpaper. Thx.
Those rims are just plain tasty in black (first post) :clapclap:
What pc specs do you have because dont rendering demand alot from your pc?

Sam.
Intel Core 2 Duo
2 gigs of ram
GeForce 8800 GTS (doesn't play much of a role when rendering though)

Even with this computer it takes long to render these large sizes
Quote from Gazork0 :Those rims are just plain tasty in black (first post) :clapclap:

i cant stress how good black wheels look on the e30... +1,000,000

also i dont think my 1 gig of ram would be much use when rendering
Do you think a P4 with 1 gb of ram and geforce 6200 will be able to handle rendering? I shouldn't see why not because in the graphics course i am doing in school we dont have dual cores with have celerons or pentium d and we use them to render on them.

Sam.
Anything will render, but it's how long it takes thats the problem.

FTR GFX card (afaik) does VERY little - it's all down to your CPU

Now if only i could get Brazil on my 2.8 GHz Quad....
I have used rhino on my pc before that ran fine but it wasn't really a demanding rendering program.
I used to render on my old Amiga 600.

As Jakg says with a slower PC, it just takes longer to render. The only possibly limitation is that a VERY complicated scene could max out your RAM, but looking at the wireframes, Phonso's BMW wouldn't need even 1GB.
I had 512 ram, it couldn't handle rendering it, especially with the new scenes. Ram plays a huge role if you have lots of objects in the scene that need to be loaded before the actually rendering begins. If you were to render the car with nothing around it like most people do around here, you wouldn't need much ram anyway. Sometimes, people use complex lighting setups, so that could eat a lot of ram right there just to calculate the lights.
With that lat render i definetly think you definetly have the best render there.
Nice!

How about a 1280x1024 scale of the black one

You ever think about making an E30.5 render? I'd kill for it! :P
Thanks all!

To Mithras: You mean you want a 1280 x 1024 version of the latest render?
Quote from Mr.Phonso :Thanks all!

To Mithras: You mean you want a 1280 x 1024 version of the latest render?

id love to just have the mess frame so i could put it into differant scenes myself
mess frame = ????

Here is a test for the front:
Attached images
front test 2.jpg
-
(okijuhans) DELETED by okijuhans
Another test:
Attached images
front test 6.jpg

BMW e30 M3
(252 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG