The online racing simulator
Scenes/Materials
(727 posts, started )
if you downloaded my bridge before 8-5-08 you may want to download again because i forgot to put the textures in the rar, but the new download is updated.
Awesome!Thanks!
DaxZero .. so u finaly come here :P

mmm Keeeey ... looking for some 3d 360* sky to 3ds max 9 ... also for some track ground ( corners , kerbs etc ) any one have that kind of stuff?
Quote from Feme :DaxZero .. so u finaly come here :P

Yes finnaly
ops!
Quote from Feme :Yea i'm using 9 ... try that file

is this file avaible in max 8 version? both of the files not working for me,i need turbos
Hello any here have a deluxe rims? Idk if "deluxe" is the word but I think yes.

For example a blin blin rims. Is for a SUV, Mercedez and BMW

PLZ!

Take care all
err post some img and i serch on my colection

e2mustang .. sorry byt i dont know in what file convert that scene for 3ds 8 users :/
Quote from Feme :err post some img and i serch on my colection

e2mustang .. sorry byt i dont know in what file convert that scene for 3ds 8 users :/

Possible to export in .obj format?
Quote from Loko VEN :Hello any here have a deluxe rims? Idk if "deluxe" is the word but I think yes.

For example a blin blin rims. Is for a SUV, Mercedez and BMW

PLZ!

Take care all

nono loko bling bling rim is not for bmw... its for hondas,hummers,and all that crap.
upss sorry.... so...any have that rims??
Quote from Feme :DaxZero .. so u finaly come here :P

mmm Keeeey ... looking for some 3d 360* sky to 3ds max 9 ... also for some track ground ( corners , kerbs etc ) any one have that kind of stuff?

Im also looking for those stuff :P.
Didn't the LFS DDS folder has all those textures you need? Skys, tracks, grass, concrete textures etc.
Quote from samyip :Didn't the LFS DDS folder has all those textures you need? Skys, tracks, grass, concrete textures etc.

yea .... tarmac texture 512x512 .. no coment :P and also i dont looking for sky TEXTURE ( a lot of that u can find in google ) but for 3D 360* ( degree ) sky

Keisu - lol? u are in db so ... do Coaz wont share last scenes he made? there are some kerbs etc

T.J. - i post before in OBJ file my scene

e2mustang - i still dont understand what kind of rims are "bling bling" o_O u mean somthing like 22' shiny rims?
Quote from Feme :

Keisu - lol? u are in db so ... do Coaz wont share last scenes he made? there are some kerbs etc

He wont share them because of the size of the scenes .
Quote from Feme :e2mustang - i still dont understand what kind of rims are "bling bling" o_O u mean somthing like 22' shiny rims?

yea,chrome 22,bling bling rolling at the "hood" style..
Quote from Feme :yea .... tarmac texture 512x512 .. no coment :P and also i dont looking for sky TEXTURE ( a lot of that u can find in google ) but for 3D 360* ( degree ) sky

[ snip ]

For the skies, you could have a look at some tracks / addons for rF. There's some nice hi-res skies there that can be used, likewise, DoN's 4096x4096 ultra-hires sky texture is the mutts nuts!

As for tarmac, I found the best results were to grab a digital cam, take some pics outside of roads and edit the results in Photoshop to make tileable textures.

For example:

Tarmac image taken from outside the front of my house, loaded into PS, edited to make it tileable and painted the relative lines / skid marks for the track. Create a bump and specular map for depth etc and voila!

Also feature's DoN's ultra-hires sky

Regards,

Ian
and that is answer i was w8 for thx ... i pm u if i will be have some problems

hmm can u pm me some link to rF track scenes etc?
I agree Ian, taking picture yourself is not hard to do as digital camera is so common nowaday. The problem is alot of people don't bother.
I use the Luxology's imageSynth to create seamless tile-able texture. quite nice little PS plugin and it is not expensive too.
Thanks for the help guys.
Quote from Feme :and that is answer i was w8 for thx ... i pm u if i will be have some problems

hmm can u pm me some link to rF track scenes etc?

The best place to have a look would be rFCentral. I don't think there's any track scenes per-se, but you can download released tracks and borrow some textures as it'll be for personal renders. The above pic was taken from a track I was building for rF but never completed due to losing interest in rF itself.

If you do want to load rF tracks into 3DS, check [shudder]RSC[/shudder] for the 'gmt import' maxscript. It's not perfect, but providing the track you want to import hasn't been encrypted with ISI's encryption tool (not many have been), you'll be able to import the mesh and textures etc (same goes for rF cars too)

Just FWIW.. for the sky to be 360 degrees.. create a sphere, remove the bottom half of it, then flip the normals and apply the texture so it creates a dome with the texture on the inside giving it a nice 360 degree range. If you then create a cylinder just smaller than the diameter of the sky sphere, remove the end caps, flip the normals again, you can apply a horizon texture (might want to use the 'link' tool to link it to the sky dome for ease of moving about if needed). Make sure that hangs below the level of your track and voila! A nice start to a scene :cool: The pic above uses that method, where the trees are applied to the horizon cylinder, albeit crappy rF default low-res ones. Using higher-res horizon tree textures with an alpha channel and a few "3D" (X in this case) trees gets much nicer results:

Grass in this shot was also taken from the grass verge outside my house and then tiled and edited to make it look flattened / run over in certain areas and using multiple mapping channels to get the muddy areas

Regards,

Ian
Quote from samyip :I agree Ian, taking picture yourself is not hard to do as digital camera is so common nowaday. The problem is alot of people don't bother.
I use the Luxology's imageSynth to create seamless tile-able texture. quite nice little PS plugin and it is not expensive too.

That was my first attempt. I couldn't find any decent textures that I liked and got tired of trying to make road textures from scratch and them not _quite_ being right.

I used a manual method of trimming the pic then splitting it into 4 through the centres and shuffling the pieces to make it tileable. Again it's not perfect, but was good enough for game usage anyway

I'll have a look at the plugin you mention. Been thinking about reinstalling 3DS and getting back into some stuff

Regards,

Ian
guys i need some free turbine of a Turbo :P or a wing on MAX archive

PLZ i need for my 240SX engine for the XRT
Quote from skyline24 :guys i need some free turbine of a Turbo :P or a wing on MAX archive

PLZ i need for my 240SX engine for the XRT

Tomorrow i pm u with some turbo what 3ds u are using??

Scenes/Materials
(727 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG