Ive just joined now, and downloading

Just thought id drop by and say hi!

Looking forward to seeing you all on the track

Cheers

Rick74
i think that i haven`t say hi here!
Than now I say: Hallo from Latvia!
Hey all
Hi guys i have been playing for quite sometime on a friends lfs finally got my own licence ingame my name is NUTTY NEB some of you may of met me already and if u have im sure it was with me up ya backside or spinning you out on CAD server lol i have lots of gd friends in lfs i luv using RB4 but i do like a gd race in the Fox on FM server with the FM team < Great guys PC i use is - Alien tower AMD 64 2gb special ops memory with Camo Heat sink GXF 7300GT nividia 512MB 19 inch Hanns-G monitor Sound blaster XFI HD card wired up to Goodmans Amp with 2 Tehcnics speakers bridged with a 10 inch Vibe sub < Great for war games lol (BOOM) And also 5.1 surround sound well guys and girls hope to see u ingame soon do say hello.
Attached images
rsz_2rb4_high_res_copy.jpg
Eh.............hi for the third time. lol
i am brand new here, and totally lost. i mainly need help with hardware. what is the minimum and what is the medium pc? is there a preferred graphics card? what about processor speed? i know that what i have now is inadequate. i would be happy if someone helped me here by using my email address of jrmart66@gmail.com to answer.
thank you so much.
jack m
Welcome jmat66...

(I don't think you should have posted your email address in a worldwide public forum...but anyway..)

Any computer with even a Pentium III and higher (much higher is better), and a graphics card from not too long ago (2000 at the max) should be enough to get you going, albeit at not too much FPS...

My system that I'm posting on now has a Pentium IV with an ATI RADEON 9550 (which is pretty mainstream to low by today's standards) and it plays LFS beautifully with a few nice graphical addons. (130 fps but has V Sync)

Of course a lot of the members here have much better systems with 280+fps, even with bloom effect, high-res textures etc...
Hi! I'm new as well.

Bought S2 a week ago.

I've got a question - can you suggest a small and precise controller for the LFS, that would allow me to race better than using mouse? I know that buying G25 is the way to go, but that has a rather low Wife-Acceptance-Factor. Maybe something similar to RC cars controllers, like this one http://pawnee.wordpress.com/20 ... ter-as-a-game-controller/ ? Has anyone seen that in the wild for a reasonable price?
Congrats on your purchase of S2. File divorce papers now, you will save money this way. You bought LFS and now your marriage is over, sorry.

About controllers... have a look over in this forum. Wheels and controllers
That RC controller is a great idea and would be MUCH MUCH more accurate than something like an xBox controller or PS3 controller type joystick. I've owned both in the past before and personally I find the xBox joystick anologe range is more sensitive and harder to master than the Ps2/ps3 type sticks if you're going in that direction.

edit: ahh it seems you've already been to that forum - Wheels and controllers --- good luck
Good day all !!

My name is Mike, a 16-year-old boy from The Netherlands.

After going to all country's with my friends from the MX(motorcross), I decided that I wanted to do something virtual aswell!
So I played Test Drive Unlimited.. It took me 4 minutes to discover it was good fun, but not a sim in any kind of way.

So next I bought LFS S2, without looking what it was, kinda foolish, but all worked out just fine.
I had an old Thrustmaster Joystick wich was breaking down quite badly, so I saved some money and bought a G25, and I love it So I've hit a lucky combination I guess, LFS + G25 = Great addictive fun

So now I play LFS for about a week seriously and It's all steady going.
My achievement, where I'm most proud of is to drive the FBM on BL GP round in 1:16.34EDIT!:1:15.600(with someone crashing me 10 ft in front of the finnish so I Lapped sideways)
Still about 3 seconds slower than the fastest at LFS, but It's a start hehe!

A friend of mine plays this sim aswell, ended up with the same wheel as me! He bought S2 yesterday.

We made up a little Team named Forza Fuel! And we drive with the >>Forza<< Tag. Just for fun till we get better and stuff, and know why we keep getting time outs on our own created server hehe! (FAIL!)

So in daily life I'm a musician, aswell studio work as live performance. And that is were my passion lies. But when inactive with the music I play as much LFS as i can.
(music btw: www.youtube.com/MikeRoelvink)

My hobbies are playing guitar, longboarden, LFS ofcourse, computer, hanging out with friends and enjoy musical things.

Hope to have told you something 'bout myself!
If you want to ask a question, do not hessitate!

Righto?

Cheerio,

Mikey
Hey guys!

Until now I had only played games like Need for Speed and Colin Mcrae Rally so I had no idea what a real sim handled like.
Well a few days ago I tried LFS demo and was hooked that instant. After driving the FBM for a few hours I started wondering what a real F1 car handled like and bought S2.

Now I've been playing a couple of days and my lap times have started to improve, though still 5-10 seconds slower than every one else. It isn't easy playing with a mouse and a keyboard so I think I'll buy the G25 in the near future.

See you on the track
Hey I'm Chrisxerox and I'm new to Live for Speed, I just bought a Logitech G25, I'm still not too sure about buying S2 yet, I'm just worried that the Devs will stop production on the game.

Also, is there anything I should know about the game other than it's amazing, because I already realized that, ie: Quick tips.

By the way I know it says I've joined since Dec 2008, But I never really played because, I just bought a steering wheel
Hey just bought an S2 Licence having played the demo considerably.

Are there any must have add-ons or tweaks a new user should be aware of?
Thanks
Hi i'm new and
I'm 20 year old university technology student from Finland.

(I will get my old logitech momo force (red one) during next few days (when i visit my parents), so i drive game with my logitech chillstream till i got the wheel.)
Welcome guys, sorry about my stupid earlier post...not god!

Welcome Alastair fraser to LFS AND iRacing all at once, good choice in sims you've made there mate

faraboots in aeberdeen ye fe loon?
fit like min. I'm fae Persley, ken? Nae that far fae the Brig o Don.

Yersel'?
Hi guys.i'm a 21 years old student from Portugal!
Just new to the s2 license and hopping to buy the g25 this week
Hi!
Hello racers! This is the first post of a noob called C22_H20_O13 with shiny new DFGT and LFS S2 licence :eclipseeh

Hope to see you on the track!
Hi Guys!
Hi Guys! Im ryosuke from Melbourne I have been playing lfs for a few years on demo, but i just recently bought S2.
See you Sideways
Hi, noob here. Been playing other (GT5P) racing games for a while, got bored so here I am. Play with GTDFP and Playseat(eh it works:shrug. Hope to see ya out there.
new
I there. I´m Marco, portuguese. I knew about LFS about a couple of weeks ago and I´m starting to learn, very slowwwly, eheh.
Cheers
Hello guys! Im Ivan from Montenegro, just got the LFS demo and i simply cant get off of it,
done some 1.38s with a wheel btw

New players say hi here
(3705 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG