The online racing simulator
Hello racers,
forgot to post here, sorry.
After a couple of months of online racing got totally addicted to LFS.
CYA on track!
Hey Ya'll, new guy here, just poppin in to say hello! I'm looking forward to some good, CLEAN racing here with ya'll. I have a good idea where i should get started (from reading the prior posts and replies).

I'm new to LFS, but not new to online racing. I've had some bad racing experiences with online racing before (xbox live wreck-fests),and very few good clean races. mainly kids just messing with people and no serious races. that, and I've had people boot me for being american, or they'd all gang up on me and spin me out, then laugh "ha ha ha...stupid american".LOL. the only race that I'm concerned about....is the one on the track!!!

anyway, so far so good, evryone here seems pretty cool. I'm an easy going guy myself, but I take racing seriously. eventually,I'd like to get involved with a series, or a group with a race schedule and a point system.

I got alot of time on my hands, so it shouldn't take me too long to get familiar with this new wheel setup (G25). hopefully I'll be up to speed soon.

BTW: these cars handle awesome....I'm really diggin the feel.

Peace,
P.
Hi Capt.Slow I'm so new I'm lost so I'll read first and thx for the welcome. Pann
hy all y am new...My name in racing it's "IIIFLA-FullTuning" :P y am ...a "Quick" racer:P
Quote from Sf_dement :hy all y am new...My name in racing it's "IIIFLA-FullTuning" :P y am ...a "Quick" racer:P

Hi, welcome and good luck

Quote from Sf_dement :hy all y am new...My name in racing it's "IIIFLA-FullTuning" :P y am ...a "Quick" racer:P

Computer says nooo.....

Hello Gents.

I am new to LFS, just downloaded the demo today, really good and I hope to buy the full version in the next couple of days. I have been playing arcade type driving games for many years on consoles. I have sold the PS3 and bought a high spec PC to play racing sims.

I have been on a few web sites today looking at racing sims etc. Looks like a good way to get into league racing without the expense and hassle of real life motor sports.

Just bought a Thrustmaster F430 FFB as an intro. Like the look of the Fanatec gear but too early to spend that kind of money.

Hope to see you guys online soon.

Thanks,

Yevil
Hi everyone. I just buy S2 License. So i hope you will be nice
Hello everyone. I recently decided to go out and buy a wheel and S2. The game is a lot of fuuuun.
Hello, LFS is the greatest. I now have LFS: S2, 3d vision, and a G25. Happy racing.
Hi, new thanks bye, Haha jk

Awesome game, Needs more cars perhaps
hey im really new here n dont kno f al, i dnt even kno where to start to play on the page can anyone help me???
new guy
hey guys

just joined up on lfs

i only have the demo atm and not sure whether to get s2 or not, im not sure if its worth it

ive been playin racin sims for years n years and have been on rfactor most of the time,

just thought id give lfs a go
newbie here :)
Hi there! I just joined these forums and would like to take the time to let you know a little bit about me. I am Larry, I'm 19 years on age. And I am hoping to make some wonderful friends along the way. I hope to get to know everyone here.
-
(The Very End) DELETED by the_angry_angel
I believe I'm going to get S2 tomorrow. I just bought the Driving Force GT on sale on Amazon, so I guess there's no going back now. Just need to actually get good at this point. I heard you guys here are a pretty nice community of players, so I'm glad to be able to join you guys.
hi all, thx for game
Hi, wondered if anyone could help me with a problem.

I bought an S2 license a year or two ago, and then when I changed my computer I was unable to keep playing LFS. now I want to get back playing it, I have signed in on the website and it says i have the S2 license but I cant find any emails etc saying what codes etc I was given. Will I need these when I reinstall LFS on teh computer? Basically, is there any way i can re-access that S2 license or do I HAVE to buy it again? thanks

Chris
problem solved!
Hi from new driver.
Greetings to the LFS comunity.
I purchased an S2 licence yesturday, which unfortunately has not made me a lot faster overnight. I downloaded the demo some time ago but only got round to playing it a week ago. In that time I have got down to (just) breaking the 1m 18sec barrier in the BMW on the demo track; a feat I have not yet been able to repeat. I can now however beat the field (AI) at OK level and follow them at quick level so I am a long way from being competative online. I have also tried the other open wheelers and posted hotlap times for them. (maybe there should be a seperate category called 'warm laps')
The thing that decided me on buying a licence was the hotlap analiser. There is so much information there it's hard to know where to start, but then again, starting is all I need to do at the moment. I have been concentrating on the first sector and have found a line that works for me. Actually got through in under 25secs for the fist time then blew the lap.
I have 2 questions at the moment as a newcomer to not only LFS but sims racing in general. They are
1) at what point is it acceptable to go online to race
and
2) are there any servers ( or whatever they are called ) where noobs can go online to practice in an informal and relatively non competative way. I mean, to get an idea of how to race at close quarters and some sort of experience at judging distances for both passing and being passed.
I know there is the training section in the program which I have had a look at, but it is a bit different with real people. I am a recent escapee from Iracing. I was suckered in by ther claims of a licence based on safe driving, only to be blown off the track by much faster drivers who could not be bothered setting a qualifying time and were thus placed behind me on the grid. For some reason they seamed to think I should not be slowing down for turn 1!
It took me a couple of weeks of blitzing the field in 'Need for speed porstreet' where it all began for me just over 6 months ago, to get over it.
Winning everything every time does get a bit borring though after a whille and now I'm ready to work on my skills and hopefully get good enough to enjoy some online racing, rather than just survive it, and to do so without upsetting too many people with my slow driving.
I have a sticker on my car that says;
" I'd rather be an old fart than a young dickhead"
Wouldn't mind one on my virtual car too and maybe one of those ones that say;
' I may be slow but I'm ahead of you!"
Cheers
See ya in the soup
Steve.
Quote from Stevejazplayer :I have also tried the other open wheelers and posted hotlap times for them. (maybe there should be a seperate category called 'warm laps')

Quote from Stevejazplayer :1) at what point is it acceptable to go online to race

As soon as you are able to drive without spinning out every second lap. Speed doesn't really matter as long as you don't cause crashes.

Quote from Stevejazplayer :2) are there any servers ( or whatever they are called ) where noobs can go online to practice in an informal and relatively non competative way. I mean, to get an idea of how to race at close quarters and some sort of experience at judging distances for both passing and being passed.

As said above, if you can drive without spinning out you can join every public server to improve. You will find out that a lot of people don't follow this advice and you will be crashed a few times when starting from the back.
Maybe you shouldn't join a fully crowded public server right from the beginning. I'd say a server with around 10 people online is a good start.
also, you might want to spec when the restart countdown starts, and then join the race when the grid has been setup. That way you can start from the back and not get raped when the field gets going.
I just downloaded the LFS Demo yesterday and am trying to get used to it. It seems quite interesting and tried a couple of Online Sessions yesterday. Still figuring out some bit of details here and there.

Hoping to have a great time with LFS.
Hello, im new and i go for you xD!!!
I welcome the new riders and I wish them good luck

New players say hi here
(3703 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG