The online racing simulator
hello, bought s2 today... debating on whether to buy a g25, or(/and) a chair to go along with it... i'm no good with the keyboard. :eclipsee_
Quote from bunder9999 :hello, bought s2 today... debating on whether to buy a g25, or(/and) a chair to go along with it... i'm no good with the keyboard. :eclipsee_

I have G25 and a chair. No going back.

Okay, the chair isn't necessary, but I had some problems with my back when I used my "normal office chair".
Quote from Gekkibi :I have G25 and a chair. No going back.

Okay, the chair isn't necessary, but I had some problems with my back when I used my "normal office chair".

i may end up having to buy a chair though, not sure if the shifter will fit on my living room table... it's pretty thick. it would also keep the cable hell off the table when i'm not racing.

while i'm here, how is the g25 for noise? i was watching a youtube video and noticed the wheel made a lot of noise during turning. it was a pretty old video though, they could have fixed that by now.
Quote from bunder9999 :
while i'm here, how is the g25 for noise? i was watching a youtube video and noticed the wheel made a lot of noise during turning. it was a pretty old video though, they could have fixed that by now.

Let's put it this way: When my (common-law)wife is sleeping, I avoid playing LFS...
You don't hear it if you have your speakers on, but if you play using headphones, then others can hear it.
Hi.
Hi everyone,
I've been looking for a game like LFS for as far as I can remember! Finally!!!
Been playing for about 4 days and I love it. Today ordered a steering wheel with force feedback off eBay, can't wait to get it! See ya in the races!

Rouslan
I got S2 woo...i also got a Logitech G25 wheel!!
I can't get a good force for it tho...i keep spinning out and it gets anoying...but yeah! Oval Racing is fun!!
Quote from Gekkibi :
Okay, the chair isn't necessary, ...

If someone didn't read the second part of the sentence, he would be very confused.
Hi, I just bought S2 yesterday. Loving the multilayer, wished there was more GTR servers with people playing in them though, For the most part people race a lot cleaner on the Licensed servers, which is awesome. Anyways, it's great to finally be part of this community!

I have a couple of questions:

1) Can you extract setups from replays? I know you can test drive, but i'd like to save the setup as well.

2) If I download the test pathces, will I still be able to play on servers that don't have them?

3) How do I do a proper pit stop during a race?

4) What are 'cruise' servers all about?

Thanks guys,
Cruises are servers where you drive as if they are public roads. You can travel in both directions but before entering a server make sure you read all the rules. Best server to start on is TC servers. They are awesome
www.city-driving.co.uk
James
Quote from iam220 :
1) Can you extract setups from replays? I know you can test drive, but i'd like to save the setup as well.

Thanks guys,

No, you can't.

Quote from iam220 :
2) If I download the test pathces, will I still be able to play on servers that don't have them?
Thanks guys,

Yes, if the test patch is compatible.

Quote from iam220 :
3) How do I do a proper pit stop during a race?
Thanks guys,

When you see a pit road yellow lines, go there and slow down to 80 kph (and use speed limiter in some cars). Then stop in one of those yellow rectangles and wait until it changes fuel and repairs damage.
Hi Everyone

This is actually my second post as i've requested a skin and thought it a bit rude not to say Hi in here.

My kids got me S2 for Fathers Day last Sunday as i've had S1 since back in 2003 i believe but never got played as at the time as i was heavily into Nascar 2003 with TRM and UK/Hog Racing. I own most if not all the racing sims from the afore mentioned Nascar 2003 and GTR 2,GTL,GPL,RFactor,Arca and Race 07 but LFS is the first sim i've felt comfortable racing in cockpit view as i've always tended to use the bonnet view if i could.

I drive with a Logitech DFP set at 720 degress rotation and love after upgrading last year from my trusty old M$ Sidewinder FF wheel. I've only recently got back into Sim racing after a friend sent me a link to SRT's website and saw whats going on now in the sim racing world.

I aint no spring chicken either, i'm in my mid 40's with kids and grand kids but have always loved my sim racing even though i was never quick i was always polite and aware of what was going on around me on the track, my quote was always "It's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part" and that what i enjoy in my racing
Hey now,

Brand new to LFS, bought it today. I've been going slow in GPL for a few months, and I can see I'll be continuing my back of the pack ways here.

I look forward to seeing all of you pass me online soon.
hi !
Hi everyone, I bought LFS S2 last week ans I love this game. I've been playing the S2 demo for 2 years and finaly decided to get the full version.

I'm playing with the first xbox's gamepad, cluch, gaz, brake, e-brake all full analogic

Cya all
New driver here, have been doing the training and having a blast. Where does one find races?
Quote from HootUSMC :New driver here, have been doing the training and having a blast. Where does one find races?

Mmm , In s1 you only have ALL demo servers and 1 or 2 S1 servers Like CTRA

Buy s2 and you find 489348384 Servers
thanks I'll check it out
Atlast im now in Live for Speed Racing Simulator!!!!!

Play it safe Ride it safe and Race it safe......

Hi LFS
i am not new but i just wanna say HI!!!!!!
yeah... me too, i'v never said hi before here so...

"hi"
I'm newish

I joined up about this time last year when my had my new wheel on order, but my PC blew before it arrived so I was forced to trade it for parts to get me back up and running, I did and I rebought my G25 last week, anyways I got myself and my mate s2 yesterday and I'm in love with this game.

I'm just new to using the gears and clutch and stuff, but you might catch me on some nooby servers!

say hi!

Richie
Hey im new to lfs so i wanted to say hey too all

Hope to meet you all
Hi! I bought lfs s2 the day before yesterdag, and I love it:static:

New players say hi here
(3704 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG