The online racing simulator
With practice. You'll need a 3D rendering package, like 3D Studio, or Blender etc. Then you need to get the LFS models in. Then you need to spend a few months working out how to do it to a high standard.
Raceabout:
Attached images
Ra_inside.jpg
welcome to the forums
yea that looks really evil, a bit like the batmobile

You need more anti aliasing though!
Since none isn't posting their renderings, I'll just keep spamming this thread.

Hope you don't mind if I post this wip car..
I still have to model the front lights, sideskirts and I most likely redo rear lights too. After that I have to tweak the materials .
Attached images
Fz5_wip1.jpg
here's something new from me, i like it, i usually don't like my own work
Attached images
xrt_tunnel.jpg
Quote from Taavi(EST) :here's something new from me, i like it, i usually don't like my own work

That's freaking cool.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :here's something new from me, i like it, i usually don't like my own work

would look better if you did motion blur; to do the motion blur im referring to (simple blur), group your wheels and tires together (and brake DISCS if you can, but not the calipers), click the autokey button near bottom, move the time position to 100, and rotate the grouped wheels (group them like.. front together and rear together) because you will leterally be 'spinning' the way you rotate them, then, group the entire car together, move it to rear, hit autokey again, and move it through the tunnel, and then unclick autokey again and when you move the time thing, you can see what action is going on, and make sure you have motion blur checked in renderer

so heres what to do (in a less confusing way)
group front: wheels, tires, brake discs
group rear: wheels, tires, brake discs
hit autokey (the key, on bottom of 3dsmax)
move time span thing to 100
rotate the grouped wheels for.. a good amount
hit autokey again, move timer back to 0 to see if they spin
group the entire car
move car to rear of tunnel (or outside)
hit autokey
move time slider to 100
and move car into the tunnel
hit autokey, make sure it works again
then go to render settings and find motion blur, and render
Select the car (which will select everything), and use Group -> Ungroup from the top menu
Skins for 4Ignition Racing.
Made by TeazR
Renders made by KaZet
Attached images
4_ignition_6.jpg
MRT5_4IR.jpg
Thx Tristan , but the tyres are bad for this sort of action ...but i like my new render too...more to come
Attached images
xrt_tunnel4.jpg
XRG_fernbay4.jpg
well.. imo they would look alot better if they werent chrome

chrome is kinda hard to make, and .. in ian's scenes, i would say they arent exactly top notch for anything besides what they are used for, his are more or less just.. mirrors, which chrome isnt exactly a mirror
but.. you get the point
My latest XRR inspired by hyperactive's one.
Attached images
xrr7rendu.jpg
I agree chrome is hard to make, especially on a still shot. You will be able to illustrate a chrome material on a movie where the camera is moving to different angle...
Chrome is not a mirror but it reflects like a mirror, so to make the chrome material not looking flat, you need to give it something to reflect, ideally something high contrast in tone value. But a lot of time when we set up a scene for render, we only have the car and a ground. In that situation, we have to apply the real life studio photography techique, for example the white plane above the car as you all seen it from the ds-auto's scene setup. some people may say that is a boring setup, but I can assure you that is a classic studio photography set up for car, as I have commisioned some photographer in the past to produce car advert.. that plane helps to light the car as well as help the modelling of the car of its reflection. Without that plane, the car will look so flat. secondly, you may want to place some other reflectors or object behind the camera, the reason is so they are off the scene which will not be render in your shot but will appear on the car's refection (with 3ds max, you can exclude objects from render but keep them in reflection only)
Or the other way is to apply an appropriate environment map together with raytrace reflection in your material, what do I mean by appropriate is if your scene setup is in an indoor studio type, don't use a reflection which has bright blue sky with clouds, because they don't match.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Thx Tristan , but the tyres are bad for this sort of action ...but i like my new render too...more to come

Taavi, nice renders, did you use mental ray for these shots with Glare[lume] on the Camera Output Shader?
Quote from samyip :Taavi, nice renders, did you use mental ray for these shots with Glare[lume] on the Camera Output Shader?

No, i used vray+photoshop effects...
Render ...
Attached images
eweewallpaperrender.jpg
I know this is the second thread that I'm talking about this, and this probably constitutes as spam.
Wow, I expected one render and this is whole big pack of renders.
Nice
nice wheels
first complete scene...tell me what you think

I think it is very cool. That guy who made a similar scene, did he share that or something?

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG