The online racing simulator
3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
#1 - Don
3D LFS renders
ok i dont want 18 threads of renders. i want one thread with all lfs renders in it. thats why i start this thread.

so if you have any render, post it here!

done with scene downloaded from ds autos:
Attached images
UF1render.jpg
UF1render2.jpg
#2 - ORION
Luckily you got this idea early enough, otherwise we would have two of these threads now

[EDIT]nice pics btw :thumb3d:
Quote from ORION :Luckily you got this idea early enough, otherwise we would have two of these threads now

[EDIT]nice pics btw :thumb3d:

wtf??

there is a 3D Renders forum.. why create a post within the 3D Renders forum and get everyone to post their 3D Renders within that post. this is why we have the forum. so we don't have to. illepall illepall
because everyone is typing "OMG TH4T5 4 GR34T pic!"

..... and we dont want nonesense talk.. we just want to post our pics
#5 - Don
i want all the renders to be in one thread, so when soemone new comes here, he can look at them all and doesnt have to search for some prehistoric threads with 4 posts.

in the subforum you can discuss techniques,problems etc, but i would be for one thread for posting renders
Maybe just like the skins, a thread for every car type. I think that would solve the problem. And leave the normal topics for help.
Quote from Don :i want all the renders to be in one thread, so when soemone new comes here, he can look at them all and doesnt have to search for some prehistoric threads with 4 posts.

in the subforum you can discuss techniques,problems etc, but i would be for one thread for posting renders

So then he can't use the search function at all and has to search through 30 pages of people posting renders...

that is the reason of this forum, post your renders ask your questions about rendering.
Quote from winDOS :Maybe just like the skins, a thread for every car type. I think that would solve the problem. And leave the normal topics for help.

What about teams that want to post all the renders for their skins?

they have to post each render in a different forum?
hmmm thats a good point indeed... well i think i leave this issue to the admins
Quote from winDOS :hmmm thats a good point indeed... well i think i leave this issue to the admins

yeh, I think the best way to resolve it would be to create 2 new sub-forums within the 3D Renders sub-forum. One for 3D Renders Showroom (to present your renders) and another one for 3D Renders Help / Questions (To get support and help on creating you renders).
Quote from Don :i want all the renders to be in one thread, so when soemone new comes here, he can look at them all and doesnt have to search for some prehistoric threads with 4 posts.

All renders in one thread!?!? -have to say that makes no sense. illepall
How about all renders in one forum called "3D LFS renders" and people make their own threads if they want?
Whats the point of having all renders in one thread? in a few months you woill have 1000s renders and you won't bother to see more than 2 pages...

Categorized renders is the best way for renders, as it is for skins.
Why using one thread for all renders? Thats like posting all skins of all cars in one thread...

The way with more threads is better, so you don't have to search a thread with +100 pages if you want to find some renders...
#14 - Don
it worked on rsc, why wouldnt it work here?
We had other conditions on rsc... there was one thread for renders, renderhelp and the cmx importer...

Now we have a board and the possibility to open more threads...
If we only have one thread in one board, we can remove this board...
Quote from Don :it worked on rsc, why wouldnt it work here?

because on this forum there is a forum dedicated to it......
#17 - Don
ok then do whatever you want, i meant it in a good way.
DoN lets make our own thread with "HQ" in front of the threadname

Anyway, I will post my stuff here whenever I make something, that is.

Imo those renders are becoming too "commercial" since the preset scenes are there. They are nice, but it allows everyone to render pics, and this is not Art
It's rather "production"...
Cant wait for some nice renders.
They just look so sexeh
btw Orion, You could sometime make some Render with my skin
Added a 3D Renders Showroom section.
I guess the other posts (questions about 3d rendering, etc) can simply be posted here in this main section?
Quote from Victor :Added a 3D Renders Showroom section.
I guess the other posts (questions about 3d rendering, etc) can simply be posted here in this main section?

Thanks Victor,
Just tell me where to post my stuff, but anyway, atm I haven't planned anything

Rudi: the new Ocr skins are too basic to look really sexeh :P

Something I have planned quite a while ago would be making some RB4 rally version, but I dont know when I will have the time and the mood to do so, because it will require a complete modelling from the scrath, and that's quite time intense

And I dont need a new wallpaper yet :P
Quote from ORION :DoN lets make our own thread with "HQ" in front of the threadname

Anyway, I will post my stuff here whenever I make something, that is.

Imo those renders are becoming too "commercial" since the preset scenes are there. They are nice, but it allows everyone to render pics, and this is not Art
It's rather "production"...

Well, not all of us only use the available scenes, and not all of us just click render and post.

People like ian and grudd and all the other 3d people over on MS and RSC have helped people like me learn a program we never thought we could.

If you dont like the fact that is now "common" or theres too many people having a go, then i think your kinda sad.

People start off with those scenes, then get used to the program and start fiddling about for themself.
I have never said anything against Grudd and Ian and the others, they have always done a great job.
It's just that there are so many people in the German forum posting renders which all look the same - the same camera angles, the same lighting, everything is the same except the skin.
And THIS is what I do not like.

Ian and Grudd have their own style, and their work is great and you can see they put some work, thoughts and ideas into it.

Just pressing "render" is the other thing.

[EDIT]
Well maybe you are right - it's good that many people get in touch with 3dsmax and start to experiment, maybe we'll see some nice talents and good stuff soon, which wouldnt have beed possible without those finished scenes
It's not art atm, but it could become art

What is art anway?
Nice renders Don but I think the UF1000 is not so good for close ups.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG