The online racing simulator
Yes thats what I meant
Quote from ORION :The white looks very shiny, almost like a plain plane :s

What about we could see some new render from you instead of "moaning" over the others renders
Quote from MorroW :

Click here for more renders...

Hi,
Really nice one.

I have a question.Please could you send me the texture you used for the road?
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I have a question.Please could you send me the texture you used for the road?

Quote from DEVIL 007 :What about we could see some new render from you instead of "moaning" over the others renders

1) You will recive PM soon in our page.

2) Criticism is what make better render There is always few things what can
be better and if someone tell you that - then it's only good
Quote from MorroW :1) You will recive PM soon in our page.

2) Criticism is what make better render There is always few things what can
be better and if someone tell you that - then it's only good

1)PM on our page?I guess you mean PM here on the forum and many thanks in advance.
2)I was trying to tackle my team m8 a bit.Just a fun .You could realize it reading my post .
Im just trying to help, even though there's not much I can help those MorroW guys with. They know it all anyways . Specially Im talking about Sniiki

Well, I decided to stop rendering for a while, because of 1. the lack of time, and 2. I would rather like to drive those RAC GTR and stuff instead of just watching them :P
Also, I need to get used to a decent renderer first, you cant really do good stuff with scanline default :s
Quote from ORION :Also, I need to get used to a decent renderer first, you cant really do good stuff with scanline default :s

Have you try the Mental Ray? it can be quite fast to render if you lower the Final Gather samples and increase the filter. Just find a right balance of speed and a reasonable quality.
This 2 pictures are not great, but they only took about 3mins to render. Together with Glare and mist applied. If I saved the Final Gather map file to be reused on future rendering, the render time will cut down further.
Attached images
FZR08.jpg
FZR07.jpg
Quote from DEVIL 007 :1)PM on our page?I guess you mean PM here on the forum and many thanks in advance.

Sorry, I messed up names and sended that texture tho wrong person

So now I will send PM to you here
Quote from samyip :This 2 pictures are not great, but they only took about 3mins to render. Together with Glare and mist applied. If I saved the Final Gather map file to be reused on future rendering, the render time will cut down further.

That really does look good!
hihihi

FXR Render
Attached images
FXR.jpg
I've been trying to make the switch to vRay from Brazil..

So, here's 2 days work

The skin is quite low res so I'll try and get hold of a higher res version sometime soon...

Also not happy with the wheels, they just don't look good with any material on them. I need new ones

Edit : Little update, removed the HDRI. I find it looks better

Edit 2 : And another with different lighting - Will give blood for wheel models

There's some good Vray tutes on the net Ryan.. quick search should be useful. IIRC, a site with 'avensis' in the domain name rings a bell, or something similar

A few XRT experiments I've been doing.. excuse the low-res placeholder building textures.. they were mapped for something and I temporarily stretched them to fit these blocks for now. Night scene is WIP still.. lighting needs fixing. All done with VRay

Regards,

Ian
ah.. i see your becomming a real man that uses vray and not brazil
just kidding lol, i've never tried brazil, i've just heard its the simpler version of vray

your thinking of aversis designs
http://www.aversis.be
i have a suggestion for your 2nd render there ian, on the grass, use a displacement speckle map so it looks like real grass, rather than smooshed.. green stuff lol

also, i would add a bump map to that stone path there

and lastly, im not sure what is wrong with the lighting on your last one (could be because your using omnis?) but there shouldnt be any light.. above the light posts lol, i suggest you use a target spotlight for those instead, and just raise the falloff field a good amount so the light spreads
and a question about the last one, are you using a vray light material, or do you have a light behind the turn signals?

kinda like them, but i just wish there was more detail to the area around it ei: more.. things that bring to life, the building in the background (which.. your probably working on? im guessing) just kinda looks dull since its just a texture, and the lack of reflections.. pretty good nonetheless
Ian.H, highres for the ZT-Gallery please?
lol yeah, actually I went to finalRender between brazil and Vray, but these days, brazil is a chore to work with IMO. Simpler maybe, getting the same results as a VRay render.. a nightmare and soooooooooo time consuming! The last scene I setup in brazil was the F3 for lo as a promo he asked for.. done sometime before xmas (can't release the scene though as the game meshes are encrypted unfortunately).. but that took ~6-8 hours or so (for 800x600) to render IIRC due to the high sampling used for the shadows (fed up of seeing noisy shadows everywhere). VRay's irradiance settings speeds this up no end (unless I missed that option in brazil ) and can use subdivs of 36 (as per the 1st XRT shot above) and it'll render 1280x1024 in about 45 mins

My last finalRender attempt (ages ago) was the XRT and UFR:

I seem to find I always end up creating a more outdoor type light effect with finalRender, but it seemed to work pretty well in that one I think (harder than both brazil and Vray to configure though.. back to scanline type setup in regards to lighting etc). Uses a single spotlight as the "sun" and that's it IIRC Building / ground is modeled with LFS flats texture and 3DS default tarmac.

Thanks for correcting me on the name / site.. Aversis was the one I was thinking of

The grass looks very flat, agreed. Atm it's only using a diffuse and spec map. I need to make a map for displacement as the only other ones I have for it atm are additive and multiply maps. Was my first attempt at outdoor lighting with VRay too.. very experimental scene.

The last one is a bitch lol. It's currently using 5 omnis (3 streetlights and 2 orange ones for the XRT indicator glows) and some HDRI (actually more of the cause of the light at the top). I've stripped this scene 3 or 4 times now, tried spots, directional, omnis.. uGH! it's really difficult to try and get everything matching right, but it's a fun scene to work on off and on. My actual aim was to lighten up the near side a little too as I didn't want it in "total darkness" as such, but that part of the HDRI map is making it dark (already rotated and completely bastardised the HDRI settings, heh). I've got about 600 HDRI maps here adn previewing them to try and find one is a slooooow process, even with HDRShop. Most of them have a sky in them making things appear very blue.. no good for a dark scene like this.. but I'm plugging away. My plan is also to add 2 Poser models to the scene. An early poser test yielded her:

The indicators / turn signals were done with both an omni to create a glow that spread to the bumper etc. This has some very low attenuation settings etc to stop it spreading all over the place but are actually situated outside of the car (I'll grab a viewport shot later) and the light textures themselves I remapped separately to the rest of the lights so I could use VRay's self-illumination feature. Think it's the Vray light material. This does actually give off a small amount of glow itself (I used that solely.. no omnis etc to model this scene for the neon light).

The scene's setup for more stuff.. 80% of it's actually hidden in those renders, heh.. but I think the road's probably about 60metres long and slightly curved. The grass is mapped in 2 sections.. thin strip near the road so I could make a blend texture and the road's a default 3DS material I think but as you say, needs some bumpiness added.

The textures I did for a game for which the building wasn't something to be stared at as ya zoom around the track so it's not detailed (only 256x256 IIRC and the game building's much smaller in phsical size) and I just stuck some boxes in there as building placeholders and UV unwraped 'em to fit to the existing textures but the plan is to lose them completely and model some real buildings.. proper doors and windows etc and a view through them to the inside. It did look worse with subdivs turned up, lol.. so they're noisy deliberately as it gave _some_ kinda texture to them but ideally I'd like to lose that noise as it affects the lighting on the car's rear bumper in particular too.

The streetlight heads could do with being better too. Bit too boxy atm and again use a Vray light material and omnis to do the job, but the colouring isn't great and I need to create some semi-transparent textures to use as very small glows (give a light in very minimal "fog" effect without using volumetrics.. maybe they'll come later ). The Poser models will help bring it to live too. I plan to have these leaning against one of the building walls but will hopefully make it a little less "still-life" looking.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from ORION :Ian.H, highres for the ZT-Gallery please?

heh, which one(s) ya after Orion? I think I have 2 in hi-res (1280x1024) already done (can't remember which though ) but no probs in sorting them

If you want higher-res (1600x1200?) I can sort them out over the next couple of days (dark one takes a while to render).

Regards,

Ian
Well, ALL in 1600 please

(btw. correct aspect ratio HIGHLY appretiated - 1280x960 is correct, 1280x1024 is bah )

And if you have some other nice pics you would like to see in the gallery, feel free to send them too
Quote from ORION :Well, ALL in 1600 please

(btw. correct aspect ratio HIGHLY appretiated - 1280x960 is correct, 1280x1024 is bah )

And if you have some other nice pics you would like to see in the gallery, feel free to send them too

No probs.. will get them sorted for ya

The main (only?) reason I choose 1280x1024 when I do that size is to fit my desktop as wallpaper, heh.. but will do some 1280x960 version too

I'll also have a dig around and see what others I have lying about and fire them over

Something also a bit more light-hearted:

Regards,

Ian
Sorry, GTL render but yep, Poser rocks…………

High res:

That's sweet Thunder! Did you do the pose before or after exporting from Poser? I haven't yet learnt too much about bone structures / IKs to be able to move them about very successfully once they're in 3DS so have been setting up the pose in Poser and importing (and somewhat hoping lol) that it fits whatever it might need to "wrap around" in the 3DS scene

Regards,

Ian

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG