The online racing simulator
I converted xrr to vray today,made some materials and a scene,this is what i came up with.

Hope you guys like it
Attached images
infernos top secret.jpg
Quote from e2mustang :I converted xrr to vray today,made some materials and a scene,this is what i came up with.

Hope you guys like it

Nice render
e2mustang - Looks nice, but rims look ugly and do rearlights have texture?
Quote from e2mustang :I converted xrr to vray today,made some materials and a scene,this is what i came up with.

Hope you guys like it

Damn awesome.
And rims are PERFECT!!! Who cares 'bout rear lights... lol
Quote from matijapkc :Damn awesome.
And rims are PERFECT!!! Who cares 'bout rear lights... lol

Yes, rims are perfect!
Thx all, the taillight is smoked no it doesnt have texture,i can not figure out why its like that,all textures are there

edit: fixed it,the glass for it had no material
deeper rear rim,fixed front window,it was cracked lol,and rear lights as said above. and all this u cant see in render lol
Attached images
infernos top secret 2.jpg
Nice caustics the rear view mirror (reflection) looks fooked.
thx! i didnt even pay attention to that.ill try to fix it next weekend.
Quote from e2mustang :deeper rear rim,fixed front window,it was cracked lol,and rear lights as said above. and all this u cant see in render lol

very nice rim, just try a little bit more to make it smoother, it kinda low-poly. nice one anyway
white and matte fxoz
(the matte looks too plastic yet, i'm working on it)
Attached images
fxo white.JPG
fxo matte.JPG
Quote from MunnA :white and matte fxoz
(the matte looks too plastic yet, i'm working on it)

Cool - too much perspective (cam fov) on especially the first render. Your bitmaps needs gamma adjustment. They are lacking color and contrast. Same problem withthe older LX render.
Quote from r4ptor :Cool - too much perspective (cam fov) on especially the first render. Your bitmaps needs gamma adjustment. They are lacking color and contrast. Same problem withthe older LX render.

You are right. But these gamma and contrast problems needs to be corrected with photoshop or similar software. My home computer is slow, so i do not render anything on it.
My workplace computer is fast (can render on it), but no photoshop here

If i have a good machine, the renders will be as good as like i imagine it.

(sorry for my basic english)
Quote from MunnA :You are right. But these gamma and contrast problems needs to be corrected with photoshop or similar software.

Not at all - it's a 3D thing.

Go to the Shader Tree and filter textures only. Select all of the textures*, and make sure Texture Layer is selected in the Properties panel.

You'll see Gamma down below, which is by default set to 1.0 - change it to 0.4545, which is the magic number for removing a Gamma of value 2.2 - almost all gfx/textures has Gamma applied to them between 1.8-2.2 range. 1.8 for Macs and 2.2 for PC's. 3D apps requires the Gamma to be removed otherwise the colors and contrast (among other things) will be wrong like in your renders.

Re-render and viola.

*You should ideally only select diffuse/color textures. Rest (like maps used for bumps) should be left at Gamma 1.0.
Teach me!!!!
Thank you, i'll try these!!!!!
can any1 tell me,why cars have no reflection with a skin on in vray? regular paint is nice,as seen in renders,but soon as i put a skin on,its flat. dunno why.(the carbon skin worked out well tho )
It's been a long time since I posted here. just finished up on a collaboration project me and my co-worker did on an Audi(I know not exactly lfs related). Finished setting up the studio setup on 3ds max 2011 single user license I got from my uncle who is one of the big shots down at the studio where i work part time. Rendered using V-Ray 1.5 SP5, gamma corrected in Photoshop CS4 and used mats and textures from an old audi project. Enjoy the view

(total render time: 8:27 on new i7 rig)
EDIT: Gonna use the studio setup to render an old fzr mid-poly someone posted long ago. Still have to finished organizing the materials and update some lights on the setup
EDIT2: total poly for the audi is 821,000 minus the stuff on the studio set.
Attached images
Audi_finished_tonemapped.png
Nice.. Though looks kinda plastic :|
Wanted a soft reflection look to give the car a more deep personality. I don't like hard reflections as the paint turns into a reflective surface. Still have a long way to tweak the gloss amount but it'll have to do.
it is low-poly modeling, it could be very much better, but it's awesome anyway, nice lightining work, but the material looks like plastic.
I've finished my first tyre
Attached images
tyre.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG