The online racing simulator
righteous, double the bump map texture tiling on the tires and if your program has it, lower the blurring of it, it looks... like... an alien or something lol dunno how to describe it, but rather a mess of .. goop
Quote from tristancliffe :Quite good, but I noticed you didn't turn the steering wheel in the main BF1.

Righteous, I don't know what options you have for your bump mapping on the tyres, but can you make it generally finer. It's much too coarse. In 3DS we have a setting called "Turbulence" for bump mapping that produces a very nice effect- perhaps you have something similar.

And you're rear light on the other render (in fact your lights in general), is that 'glow' a rendertime effect or post processing? Cos I've tried to copy it in 3DS and so far I've failed. Might have to go and read that lightsaber tutorial again

None of the stuff I put up here has any post render effects. I actually modelled the rear light so that I would give it some luminosity settings. Then I applied what is called a "bloom" effect. But I could achieve the similar results with a glow. I just like bloom though, it looks much nicer.
--Podo-- you're too good at renders with backrounds. I wanna see that 1 of all the cars and the super uf1 again.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:--Podo--
wow Orion.... how do you get them to fit all into one trailer? bet u use the scale tool and make them all tiny
Yes Orion,you did a

nice work
For the first time I am going to show a render i made
I'm really new to rendering so a lot is still hard for me.
I started trying out rendering about two weeks ago. I started to mess around with the ds-auto scenes and trying to adjust them to my taste. When the new cmx viewer was released I really wanted to do a render of it but I had no scene for it. So I spend the last couple of days putting in a lot of time and effort in trying to create my own scene for it.

It cost me quite some time and frustration but I finally managed to get it (almost) done.
There's still a lot wrong with it (the lighting on the nose is to bright for example) but in the end I'm pretty content with it for now. It certainly feels much more like my own creation than the ones I did before with the ds-auto scenes.
So anyway here is my rendering of the BF1 with my WIP skin. I hope someone likes it
And no, the little window isn't supposed to be blue, that's a mistake but it took a while to render (original is 1600*1200) and I didn't have the patience to wait for it again
My next goal is to try to get the tyres look more realistic although I have no clue how to do that yet
Attached images
FOB-003.jpg
Attached images
BF1_PMT77.jpg
Quote from Hyperactive :Omg neons, omg my eyes, aaaarghs!

Please, no neons under racing cars

nice
edit:
crap wrong thread
New one from me

Here
Hi, I am new to this forum here, I would like to share some of my 3D renders. The car has been modified to look smoother, i.e. the wheel arches.
Attached images
fzr7ty.jpg
fzrcloseup9oe.jpg
test078ro.jpg
A BMW lookalike
Attached images
bmw014fk.jpg
bmw020wr.jpg
bmw031wv.jpg
FXO in the wet
Attached images
fxo064uw.jpg
fxo036qz.jpg
your cars look plasticky, what type of render system are you using?
Quote from DevilsTower :Holy mother of God:jawdrop:

That must be the nicest skin I've ever seen! And a great render, too!

Thanks mate, there were just a few hours in that one
samyip, those renders are fantastic.

the FXO in the wet looks a little off (lighting, I think), but the others are great.
This is one if my first renders using my new team skin, its not as nice as it could be but its a good start...
Attached images
bigv8ex.jpg
Quote from JTM29 :This is one if my first renders using my new team skin, its not as nice as it could be but its a good start...

good render!
but you may need to correct your skin a little on the front bumper where the blue trim look untidy, also may be you can consider moving your team name on the side yellow sill to somewhere else, the text stretched too much from this angle.
Yeah, I made the skin. I rushed the bottom bit... Have to remove it :P

How do you suggest I fix the blue trim? It is in line with the rest of the skin.
I think either remove it at the front or make the blue trim higher to about below of the number plate, roughly there.
Quote from samyip :A BMW lookalike

Michelin and Yokohama decals but Goodyear tyres?illepall
Where/how can we can such good "renders" effects?

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG