The online racing simulator
Quote from beefyman666 :I will attempt a skin for it at some point today. Might be tricky as parts have been stretched/squashed.

Glad you like it, but I very very much doubt Scavier would put it in game, even for them or myself to try it out. That said it would be cool!

try the uvw mapping!
Quote from tikshow :try the uvw mapping!

Don't scare me!

I'm still a n00b at 3ds so I will have to read up some tutorials before I go diving in head first with that.

The way I would have done it is to make 2 skins, 1 for FO8 and 1 for MRT, but only skin the parts needed and try guess the stretching/squishing.
A couple of renders from me

You like my skin? :P

Quote from Mrlyrical :A couple of renders from me

You like my skin? :P

not bad, not bad first renders! how could you fix the problem?
Quote from tikshow :not bad, not bad first renders! how could you fix the problem?

Lol, i don't know
I just tried it a second time and it turned out good, so "
I'm a bit a n00b with Blender
Hi All, thought I'd try a render of the cars I race online, comments welcome.
Attached images
DGW_Render.jpg
Quote from DGW :Hi All, thought I'd try a render of the cars I race online, comments welcome.

change the wall to a tube, and it will looks much beter!
This´s my new car
Attached images
CABRIO LOKO.jpg
srry to be mean but :riceboy:
Special Thanks go to zeromussov for rendering my skin. Here it is.
Made a few tiny adjustments to the MRTO8 and got round to making a simple skin for it.
Attached images
MRTO8_render4.jpg
Quote from beefyman666 :Made a few tiny adjustments to the MRTO8 and got round to making a simple skin for it.

damn! nice! i want to render it!
Just made my second skin

had a go at rendering a skin i made.

comments please
Thanks Michael
Quote from mickyc30 :had a go at rendering a skin i made.

comments please
Thanks Michael

Pretty nice render but please don't upload that HUGE image as [IMG] tag
ok, i wont next time i spose there could be some 56k users out there lol
Here's my new race car, spent about 8 hours in total on it.
Attached images
Assoluto XX Concept 1024x768.jpg
Assoluto XX Concept rear 1024x768.jpg
Assoluto XX Concept 1280x1024.jpg
Assoluto XX Concept rear 1280x1024.jpg
Assoluto XX Concept and FO8.jpg
Assoluto Tunnel.jpg
Assoluto XX Concept and Hauler.jpg
Quote from LineR32 :Here's my new race car, spent about 8 hours in total on it.

I should've replied earlier. That thing is spectacular, made me do a sex dribble.

The arse end reminds me of the Jag XJR-9 but with a taller but no so wide wing. Definately a different looking machine.

Having no internet is paying off really, your 3d skills are forever getting better!
Quote from beefyman666 :Made a few tiny adjustments to the MRTO8 and got round to making a simple skin for it.

Good work m8. Finally finished it.

Quote :Originally Posted by LineR32
Here's my new race car, spent about 8 hours in total on it.[

Good work LineR32.

Nice...

Assoluto? RIIIIDGE RACER!!!

I love the concept, the wheel fairings have a very good shape and the formula V8 is very well integrated.
just few advices to get a top aero bodywork:
  • the front wheels are still too much opened, try a more flat/fillet rim model.
  • put a "naca" styled air intake instead of the rectangular one at the rear of the front wheels to let more wind enter in them.
  • The canopy is a good idea, you can make it better by rounding the front like a jet fighter.
  • raise or bring forward the top intake because the canopy generates a negative pressure field and wind will hardly enter into the intake.
  • Sharp as much as possible the fairing trailing edges, small but significant improvement.
yo lineR32, keep up the good work. you need to do some finetuning to make it look realistic, its more like a "Future Concept" instead of a Race car. You can see that its made of an F08, if you can improve it i think it becomes really good
Thanks for the comments guys, I used the FO8 as a base to make a a car from Ridge Racer 4, there's still some bugs with the car which I might fix at a later date. ATM i'm making some plans for my team and when I get my net back i'm gonna get some racing in.
Quote from LineR32 :ATM i'm making some plans for my team and when I get my net back i'm gonna get some racing in.

What are these team plans that you speak of, it would be nice if you let us know on the team forum.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG